Clothing mods bonus stacking visually, but not actually applied or inconsistent when not stacked

+
I absolutely agree. Some stats should not be abused like this as they kill the game. It makes no sense to build a character and it just all go to waste because of some meta stat that overrides everything else. Fallout76 made this very same mistake with certain builds....and everybody was doing it.

The game simply never had a proper balancing pass done. The absurd values on the perks/critical stats/headshot modifiers and flat damage mods can easily multiply your weapon's base dps by more than 10x. This is way too high. All that stuff min/maxed together should probably increase your base weapon damage by 50-100% not over 1000%. It's not really about stacking/not stacking. It'd be fine if they did stack, and it'd be fine if they didn't stack as long as it was indicated clearly in the game whether they did or not. The important thing is that the values are balanced in a way that doesn't invalidate the fun of character building. Unfortunately, with Body, Reflexes, Tech, Intelligence, and Cool not even working properly, and the values on perks/mods/weapon stats being out of control, a bunch of the fun is stripped out of the game.

So i can confirm (or re confirm) that theres a 30% crit chance cap with these crit mods no matter how you get it. Two fortunas or one fortuna and one bully. I could never get my cap past 39% ( with perks included) no matter the weapon in hand. It was late last night when i got archangel and it had 100% crit chance....dont remember the crit damage....and i didnt look at the stats page while equipped, so ill take a look see when i get back home today. Heck, im to the point that everyone else is at....i dont even pay attention to stats anymore....why when you can mow through stuff without a care.

Hitting mobs between 200k and 250k consistently with archangel in very hard mode. Thats just absurd.

Hell i dont even use any other weapons anymore....which is another huge red flag about this crazy multiplicative system we have here. Fallout76 all over again.
Post automatically merged:

I don't know if this is the issue or not, however, for me the mods stack their stats and on the character stats as well.

With the shoes:
View attachment 11118692
View attachment 11118698

Without them:
View attachment 11118701
View attachment 11118704
I believe that it has to do with your character attributes? Can't confirm, but it seems the higher you have reflexes that increases CC, the higher your CC can go. Maybe it sums with the CC you have as flat them it surpasses the 30%, or maybe the 1% critical chance it grants is actually 1%+ on your cap.

Either way, very confusing system.

( Those mods weren't duplicated either ) Don 't know if that affects as well

Interesting.

What is your reflexes by the way. Maybe i need to add some more points to it even though the build has operated just fine so far. I mean, im thinking whats the point now since i hit everything like a mack truck.

Also, its been mentioned a lot about the duped mods and how they act when applied. The duped ones share the same item id and conflict. Since we cant get any official word about this...its still just theory at this point.

i craft my own mods because its not difficult to proc epics. Its no longer a challenge to proc legend ones either (bully and fortuna) so i can have multiple sets of armor all set up when i want to play cyberpunk barbie. :) I see no reason to even dupe mods in the game really.

Last edited:
I'm fine with them not allowing these kind of stacks because they can be OP, but they need to update it so they don't allow you to apply additional mods if they won't do anything. Giving you an error stating you're at the max for said mod. Or at the very least show the correct overall values on the item (15% rather than 30%, even if you have two mods).

FYI maxed crafting out first and the best way to get crit ive found is to get legendary spec. Just save and or keep making the item until you get crit chance and crit dam on it or whatever you wanted. For iconic I would save first so you can reroll by reloading the game to get the desired abilities. Believe me there is random chance on iconic and you only get one shot at crafting those unless it's a spec. Then if it has crit chance on it pump it fully of mods so you have that crit chance percent on the gun as high as you can get it. Even if the guns doesn't have headshot damage it will still be a disgusting gun even if you have a low level with it.

And the award for worst mod goes to...
View attachment 11085884
Can't even find anything it fits on to lol :facepalm:
Isn't that for light machine guns? I don't know as i didn't test but i remember having a machinegun and it had open barrel mod but couldn't fit a silencer because i tried, so i presume that muzzle is for that kind of gun.

Although it seems broken as it says 0x multiplier which is stupid. I seen something similar when trying to improve Skippy, it says reach level {int_0} in order to improve this. But i'm already at max int level and {int_0} seems more like coding stuff, some kind of visual bug rather than something that has sense. It's pretty clear that the game is not ready to be played as it's more like in an alpha state, at most early beta. Just try to explore the world, specially using the reinforced ankles to reach high places and you'll see that getting under the map, in to walls or get max fall damage is something pretty common. I was driving a motorbike and crashed a truck frontally and got inside it and stuck there and only option was to reload the last save.

Last edited:
Isn't that for light machine guns?
Nope, doesn't fit on any weapon.

I seen something similar when trying to improve Skippy, it says reach level {int_0} in order to improve this.
I've seen a few mods with this coding error, it's the same if you put the legendary black market battery into gorilla arms, no bonus just the coding error. Very disappointing how badly this basic system is broken on release, just another thing to add to my list of reasons not to replay this game, shame really as it's still a great game but could of been an absolutely amazing game if it had released as promised with working, polished systems. Just hope CDPR give it the luv it deserves to make it into a masterpiece, until then it's going to sit in my games library collecting dust.

It's a real shame how the basic calculations are so broken. But I can't say I'm surprised since a bunch of Witcher 3 abilities were also not working, and some still haven't been fixed even now! Not sure if CDPR are short on gameplay programmers, or testers or what.

Hello choomba's I have 130hrs ingame and discovered the mods that don't function.
Please fix the stat screen CDPR, I have grinded and lived in the city this amount of time and my heart is all over the city. I will replace all my move speed and crit damage mod with armadillo's for now, and maybe test a few things..

I'm a little bit sad about it, please fix for the hardcore RPG players.. I trusted the stat screen numbers work but they dont. These need to be exact. I feel lied to for 130 hours, sure I'm not the smartest but I am a hell of a character builder - provided the information I can access is true and reflected in the performance of my build.

Last edited:
I will replace all my move speed and crit damage mod with armadillo's for now, and maybe test a few things..

The crit chance mods work just fine as long as you dont attempt to stack the same ones together. One bully and one fortuna is all your character is going to reflect on. You gain no additional crit chances by adding more of their type mod. The only additional crit chance you gain is through perks and the weapon you have equipped.

Trash the speed mods. They work...but the gains on those are so small that it makes little to no difference. They are better replaced with something else. (armadillos as you mentioned)

A toon with full armadillo is around 6300 armor, give or take. (im not in game so i cant look for accuracy)
A toon with two crit chance mods is around 5500 armor, give or take.
These two builds are of course with the needed crafting skills all obtained.

Way overkill imo but until they change these values this is the kind of opness we have.

Last edited:
Mods that do stack (if on different items):
For some mods, it seems like they do stack if they are at least on different items or different values. Example:
Armor bonus

On my V armor mod staks on last V (the corpo one) i have over 7500 armor

The crit chance mods work just fine as long as you dont attempt to stack the same ones together. One bully and one fortuna is all your character is going to reflect on. You gain no additional crit chances by adding more of their type mod. The only additional crit chance you gain is through perks and the weapon you have equipped.

Trash the speed mods. They work...but the gains on those are so small that it makes little to no difference. They are better replaced with something else. (armadillos as you mentioned)

A toon with full armadillo is around 6300 armor, give or take. (im not in game so i cant look for accuracy)
A toon with two crit chance mods is around 5500 armor, give or take.
These two builds are of course with the needed crafting skills all obtained.

Way overkill imo but until they change these values this is the kind of opness we have.

Thank you for a reply, OK so with all my legendary crafted clothes V could be oneshotted.. Its ironic that switching my non functional damage stack mods out for dillo's is actually needed.

I'm a sandevistan mantis 18ref 18tech 9bod/cool 3int with majority Blades/Crafting and some utility perks from around the chip (grenade immunity,
athletics stealth)

I'll fix up the gear and we should be OK, its a few mods in light of a huge character building device. I shouldn't have gotten upset. Its fixable for now.

Many thanks for the help Hilt!

Thank you for a reply, OK so with all my legendary crafted clothes V could be oneshotted.. Its ironic that switching my non functional damage stack mods out for dillo's is actually needed.

I'm a sandevistan mantis 18ref 18tech 9bod/cool 3int with majority Blades/Crafting and some utility perks from around the chip (grenade immunity,
athletics stealth)

I'll fix up the gear and we should be OK, its a few mods in light of a huge character building device. I shouldn't have gotten upset. Its fixable for now.

Many thanks for the help Hilt!

The whole stat problem in this game runs much deeper than just the stat screen itself. All the values in general make no sense and why items have the weird numbers they have. This is the first game ive ever played that simple math formulas dont work or dont compound the same results as the game is showing. Theres nothing explaining why a certain value on a mod is turning into a complete other value after being installed.

The whole stat problem in this game runs much deeper than just the stat screen itself. All the values in general make no sense and why items have the weird numbers they have. This is the first game ive ever played that simple math formulas dont work or dont compound the same results as the game is showing. Theres nothing explaining why a certain value on a mod is turning into a complete other value after being installed.
Thats probably because the crafting system is bugged when a purple armadillo must give you 260 armor once equipped it give you like 1200 armor each armadillo (and on a piece of armor i have 4 purple armadillo), just watch the armor stats not the mods

I had assumed mods were leveling as I upgraded the gear? So this Samurai shirt with 3 bully they all say +90%... The move speed mods in my V skirt were 40% a piece

I need to mention I may have been a Borderlands 3 hardcore player for the past year and numbers matter

I had assumed mods were leveling as I upgraded the gear? So this Samurai shirt with 3 bully they all say +90%... The move speed mods in my V skirt were 40% a piece

I need to mention I may have been a Borderlands 3 hardcore player for the past year and numbers matter

Not from what ive seen. Whatever current mod you have installed on armor keeps its value all through your leveling. What does advance is when you craft new mods. Those are the ones that increase in value because youre a higher level.

Also, values seem to change according to how many of a certain mod you have on a particular piece of clothing. On an outer torso, 4 armadillos may say for example 2000 apiece. If you remove one, then the value on the remaining three will go down. This also happens with armor that has 4 slots verses a piece with 3 slots with the same mod. This looks to be some sort of compensation that really, imo, is ass backwards and makes no sense.

Thats why i have one bully on one piece, and a fortuna on another piece.....to keep the armadillo values up as high as they can get on those pieces. The rest of the slots i have are all armadillo.

This is what i see the stats doing on my screen. Should they be doing that or is the behavior of these stats changing they way they do intended? Who knows at this point. I dont think anyone trusts these values anymore. The FOTM meta build is to stack armor rating so you wont get owned. Netrunners are an exception to this meta.

Ill get some screen shots to show what im saying when i get home later today.

Not from what ive seen. Whatever current mod you have installed on armor keeps its value all through your leveling. What does advance is when you craft new mods. Those are the ones that increase in value because youre a higher level.

Also, values seem to chance according to how many of a certain mod you have on a particular piece of clothing. On an outer torso, 4 armadillos may say for example 2000 apiece. If you remove one, then the value on the remaining three will go down. This also happens with armor that has 4 slots verses a piece with 3 slots with the same mod. This looks to be some sort of compensation that really, imo, is ass backwards and makes no sense.

Thats why i have one bully on one piece, and a fortuna on another piece.....to keep the armadillo values up as high as they can get on those pieces. The rest of the slots i have are all armadillo.

This is what i see the stats doing on my screen. Should they be doing that or is the behavior of these stats changing they way they do intended? Who knows at this point. I dont think anyone trusts these values anymore. The FOTM meta build is to stack armor rating so you wont get owned. Netrunners are an exception to this meta.

Ill get some screen shots to show what im saying when i get home later today.

Well I came to the forum at the right time. Yeah show me your issues.. I'm might even stop living the fantasy and start proper inspection.. Would you believe I didn't go back to the stats screen for a good 80hrs because I was trusting everything UI/Item/math worked and it was just the performance of the game engine that need addressing?! lol

I had an eye opener mere hours ago after... HOURS of cp

Last edited:
Also, values seem to change according to how many of a certain mod you have on a particular piece of clothing. On an outer torso, 4 armadillos may say for example 2000 apiece. If you remove one, then the value on the remaining three will go down. This also happens with armor that has 4 slots verses a piece with 3 slots with the same mod. This looks to be some sort of compensation that really, imo, is ass backwards and makes no sense.

I'm positive it's just a display bug. Basically, instead of showing individual values, all mods in the same item are showing the sum of all the mods of the same type - it's the value that should be displayed in the middle of the item card (summary section - armor is excluded from it, as it is always shown above), but somebody messed up and it's showing on the mods as well.
If you actually look at the armor stat of the modded item, it is showing the correct armor value, as is your character sheet.
Post automatically merged:

I don't know if this is the issue or not, however, for me the mods stack their stats and on the character stats as well.

With the shoes:
View attachment 11118692
View attachment 11118698

Without them:
View attachment 11118701
View attachment 11118704
I believe that it has to do with your character attributes? Can't confirm, but it seems the higher you have reflexes that increases CC, the higher your CC can go. Maybe it sums with the CC you have as flat them it surpasses the 30%, or maybe the 1% critical chance it grants is actually 1%+ on your cap.

Either way, very confusing system.

( Those mods weren't duplicated either ) Don 't know if that affects as well
Huh? So many people confirmed your proof and yet to me this clearly proves crit mods (rightly, IMO) do not stack. Yes, the item itself displays the sum of both mods, but your character sheet only shows +30% crit damage, not +60% (I would always take what the character sheet says over what the items list). Am I stupid? I can't be the only one seeing it like this - what am I missing?...

Last edited:
Huh? So many people confirmed your proof and yet to me this clearly proves crit mods (rightly, IMO) do not stack. Yes, the item itself displays the sum of both mods, but your character sheet only shows +30% crit damage, not +60% (I would always take what the character sheet says over what the items list). Am I stupid? I can't be the only one seeing it like this - what am I missing?...

No, youre not the only one seeing this. Ive explained this many times in other threads....as well as other people...several times.

Thats why i only run two crit chance mods....and not both of them on one piece of clothing. Bully on one piece, fortuna on another. The rest are armadillos. No other mod is worth it. My weps....both of my main pistols on my first toon are 100% crit chance so no need for crit chance mods on those...i went all crunch. Im a netrunner on my second toon.....no need for any hard hitting weps on that one. Contagion is the meta.

Both toons armor are the same. One bully, one fortuna....the rest armadillos. You can see the pattern here. Its another meta with no variety or customization with armor stats...its just pile on dillos and thats it.

Top Bottom