Clothing mods economy broken imo - Where to find them?

+
Hi, I'm on my first playthrough and I have reached, I believe, the point of no return (Nocturne) and I have:
  • put 133 hours into the game, according to stats
  • got to lvl 45 and 50 street cred
  • explored the open world plenty (in my opinion)
  • have done basically all the side quests, gigs, police jobs, etc. (only things open are: Beat on the brat, Killing in the name (seems bugged, stuck on: 'complete other jobs'), and Cippin' in)
I have found a total of two(!!) clothing mod specs and zero clothing mods: Street Smart (which I found after I was at 50 street cred) and armadillo. The issue is: Both mods are legendary but the few legendary clothes I have/can craft always roll with one fixed mod and only one mod slot. It seems the only way to get clothes with 2 mods slots is to go epic and below. But epic and below clothes can't slot a legendary mod. In other words: Clothing mods have been non existent or useless to me.

That being said:
  • This is not a huge problem because the entire game (hard difficulty), I have felt powerful enough to play without clothes/clothing mods
  • "Showtime" (+x % damage against medium and high-threat enemies) seems way more powerful that any of the other mods, so what I have been doing is: I just crafted clothes over and over until they rolled with showtime
tldr:

After 133 hours and almost being at lvl 50, I feel like I should have found way more than 2 clothing mods and specs. There are 25 mods which come in different rarities. That makes potentially up to 125 clothing mod specs.

Where can I find the clothing mod specs? And if I can't find those, where can I find clothing mods?

Is there a mod out there that allows for a fairer chance at obtaining clothing mods?
I really don't like/need mods that make the game easier and I do feel powerful enough but at this point, but I feel like the clothing mods mechanic just plain broken.

- The best way to get mods already crafted is using the perk to retrieve mods when dismantle clothes.
- You found only two mod crafting specs ? I guess you were really (really) unlucky, ibecause in most quests and GIGs (and also randomly in the world), there are containers which contain a random mod crafting spec. For example (from memories), during Riders In The Storm (Panam's side quest), there are three containers in the factory basement which contain a mod crafting spec each).
- Since there is a wardrobe, the look of the clothes you really wear doesn't matter. So just equip legendary clothes and you should be able to install whatever the mod you want (whatever the rarity). There are legendary clothes all around the world, so it's rather easy to find a full set.

You found only two mod crafting specs ? I guess you were really (really) unlucky, ibecause in most quests and GIGs (and also randomly in the world), there are containers which contain a random mod crafting spec. For example (from memories), during Riders In The Storm (Panam's side quest), there are three containers in the factory basement which contain a mod crafting spec each).
Seems that I am unlucky. I just loaded the save game from Riders on the Storm and there I found only one clothing mod: street smart (at lvl 50 street smart already). Also found crunch, which I already had.

The best way to get mods already crafted is using the perk to retrieve mods when dismantle clothes.
Good idea! Didn't even think of that BUT it seems that items with pre-rolled stats do not display these as mods most of the time. See screenshots. I bet, if I dismantled this item, the mod would not be retrieved?

Attachments

• clothes.png
    clothes.png
    355.1 KB · Views: 126
Good idea! Didn't even think of that BUT it seems that items with pre-rolled stats do not display these as mods most of the time. See screenshots. I bet, if I dismantled this item, the mod would not be retrieved?
On this piece of clothe, it's not really "a mod". It's an "ability" randomly included in the clothe itself which can't be retrieved. Only mods which appear in a slot mod can be retrieved. Some clothes always have this kind of ability. Like netrunner suits which always have a "Quick Hack" ability (something like "Quick Hack reload time bonus" or damage bonus). These abilities always replace a mod slot and can't be retrieved.

On side note, this bonus (Damage bonus on Moderate/High threat enemies) added by a mod (Showtime), can only be installed on head clothes. The only way to have this bonus on other parts, it's to get it as ability randomly added, like in your jacket ;)

For example, all of my clothes have this ability, but only the cap have it as mod (so retrievable). All the rest have it as ability, which replace a mod slot and can't be retrieved.
26-05-2023_08-10-58-kddrwxrk.jpeg26-05-2023_08-11-09-tvlt0eia.jpeg

Last edited:
Its kinda weird tho that the restriction of legendary mods only fit legendary clothes - since it don’t count for weapons or quickhacks… I wonder why they chose this „mechanic“ for clothes only and not as a general thing on gear/cyberdecks…

it's not really "a mod". It's an "ability" randomly included in the clothe itself which can't be retrieved.
Most of the time, I find stats as 'abilities' on clothes, not as mods, so the skill to retrieve mods from dismantling would not solve everything. Additionally, some mods/clothes abilities seem to be very rare. For example, I only became aware of a mod/ability that can boost street cred gain, when I was already at 50.

I am definitely NOT a fan of Mods requiring an equal level of rarity or higher to be equipped, nor of the sheer ridiculous rarity of mods for clothing. Removing mods from vendors was stupid and if you decided on that regardless, at least make it so that the drop chance for Mods in the world was higher (a LOT higher).

especially if some mods drop like candys and other not at all in a whole playthrough if you are unlucky... im flooted with amadillo and streetcreed mods but rarely see the ones which really would make a difference in gameplay... its kinda unbalanced. make all the specs available that would at least push the tech/crafting tree making highlevel crafting usefull.

Most of the time, I find stats as 'abilities' on clothes, not as mods, so the skill to retrieve mods from dismantling would not solve everything
If you really want mods, you can farm clothes.
My best spot it's Reconciliation Park in city center. High level Valentinos (so they drop rare/epic clothes more often with one or two mod slots) and they respawn really fast.
Just need to make a loop around the park (start to the drop point) and kill every valentinos you encounter (they'll respawn for your next loop). Sell everything except clothes which have mods you interested for (you'll make a bunch of money and have high chances to get mods that you want).

Anyway, I think some "things" will change in the next update (crafting specs available in shop would be cool). Randomness is nice if you play the game several times (to not always get the same things at the same place), but quite frustrating if you're unlucky...

If you really want mods, you can farm clothes.
My best spot it's Reconciliation Park in city center. High level Valentinos (so they drop rare/epic clothes more often with one or two mod slots) and they respawn really fast.
Just need to make a loop around the park (start to the drop point) and kill every valentinos you encounter (they'll respawn for your next loop). Sell everything except clothes which have mods you interested for (you'll make a bunch of money and have high chances to get mods that you want).

Anyway, I think some "things" will change in the next update (crafting specs available in shop would be cool). Randomness is nice if you play the game several times (to not always get the same things at the same place), but quite frustrating if you're unlucky...
Either this or craft epic gear like no 2morrow hoping they come with a mod you can extract… either ways I hope for a change in the crafting tree/mod spec availability as well.

Is there anything on Nexus mods or elsewhere to download that helps with this? I am not looking for something that outright gives me the crafting specs, but a better/fairer chance of obtaining them would be nice.

cant you just spawn items on any ratity you want on pc?…
I believe I could, but I don't want to outright cheat by giving myself items. Right now, I am only using mods that change visuals/textures and an 'enhanced romance' mod that makes it so that Judy is not always stuck by the window when I visit. Nothing that affects game play. But they have as a requirement some other mods like redscript, TweakXL. I assume, if I knew what to type, I could probably just open the console and give myself anything I want, but that's not really how I would like play my first playthrough. Just want to beat it fair this time but if there was a mod that gave higher drop rates or anything that just gives a better chance at obtaining clothing mods, that'd be okay.

I believe I could, but I don't want to outright cheat by giving myself items. Right now, I am only using mods that change visuals/textures and an 'enhanced romance' mod that makes it so that Judy is not always stuck by the window when I visit. Nothing that affects game play. But they have as a requirement some other mods like redscript, TweakXL. I assume, if I knew what to type, I could probably just open the console and give myself anything I want, but that's not really how I would like play my first playthrough. Just want to beat it fair this time but if there was a mod that gave higher drop rates or anything that just gives a better chance at obtaining clothing mods, that'd be okay.
As a consol-player i like your mindset of which kind of mods to use. <3

for your request I sadly can’t help… hopefully other pc player can.

Upon thinking a bit more about this: It is not that I only ever found two clothing mod crafting specs, but that I found the same two over and over (Armadillo probably found 3 or 4 times) and Street Smart at least two times and those two are the only ones that I have.

The Kerry Eurodyne quest line triggers only after Chippin In iirc, and Killing In The Name Of triggers after that.
The only bug about it is that you get it so early and have to wait for it.
Makes sense, though, I believe V should already have figured out who Nancy is and there should not be a need to wait for her call. I ran into someone in a side quest and he said he was Nancy's son. It should have been easy for V to find her that way.

The issue seems to be that I always find either Street Smart or Armadillo. I am lvl 50 now and I have done all side missions and all missions but Nocturne (still in the same save game, 200 hours now). I have found another 5-10 clothing mod crafting specs. So, it is not that one can't find them, though they are extremely rare. I find one in maybe every 10 hours of gameplay. For me, the problem is, I keep finding Street Smart and Armadillo over and over. Only those two. I can't find any other clothes mod crafting specs.

Really this entire issue will be moot soon. Clothing will just be cosmetic and your armor will be determined by your cyberware. I am unclear if this is in the 1.7 patch or the expansion but all the issues people still have with clorhing will be pointless soon so I wouldn't worry about it to much as it is just a short term problem.

Clothing will just be cosmetic and your armor will be determined by your cyberware.
Sounds interesting but where will the other buffs come from (say, +x% damage against high threat enemies, etc..)?

edit: I saw a YT video about the upcoming changes (1.7, PL), and it seems clothing mods will still exists when the updates roll out.

Last edited:
Sounds interesting but where will the other buffs come from (say, +x% damage against high threat enemies, etc..)?

edit: I saw a YT video about the upcoming changes (1.7, PL), and it seems clothing mods will still exists when the updates roll out.

From what I read ONLY clothing that is literal armor will have armor stats ie if you put on a NCPD SWAT vest or army flak jacket. Otherwise they will be all cosmetic which is 95% of the clothing.

Top Bottom