Clothing Mods

+
Hey Folks,

just started my 3rd playthrough and come across a little issue... I'm not able to buy clothing mods anymore at any clothing vendor.
Searched the latest patch notes but couldn't find any lead on this. Is this a bug or something?

Kind Regards, Lurgas :)

well... that's sad :-/
Hope they bring clothing mods back to vendors. Or at least make the blueprints available from those.
Just found the blueprint for Armadillo after 26hrs into the game...

I have seen grenade and weapon mod crafting specs at vendors but never clothing mods.

well... that's sad :-/
Hope they bring clothing mods back to vendors. Or at least make the blueprints available from those.
Just found the blueprint for Armadillo after 26hrs into the game...

Well, if you're on PC and are willing to use mods, there are quite a few that add them back as items you can buy. Do a search for atelier on nexusmods.

It's a bit too cheaty for my taste but you can get them all as well as quick hacks, attachments and so on.

I think the devs figured out that making Clothing Mods available in stores removes the incentive to put a point into the Waste Not, Want Not perk in the Crafting tree or to save looted Clothing Mods rather than scrap them for mats.

If I wanted to get it by using mods I would just use CET and use the spreadsheet to find the right command. Remember you only get the level for it from your tech skill, so if that is low you will only be able to make the green one or maybe the Blue one.

I think the devs figured out that making Clothing Mods available in stores removes the incentive to put a point into the Waste Not, Want Not perk in the Crafting tree or to save looted Clothing Mods rather than scrap them for mats.

I've read/heard similar. And not that I'm asking this to happen or expect anyone to have a definitive answer, but if that's the logic for clothing mods, why does it not extend to weapon mods?

I think its a very annoying thing for them to do to players and I find it funny its done to the armor but not the weapons. at least have the crafting plans able to be bought at the stores. you make weapons easy to do but by doing this to clothing mods you make it pretty stupid.

Yeah I've done 6 play throughs in the last few months of the game none of the clothing vendors have ever had a crafting spec that I've seen so far.

Honestly I like the change of having to find the mod crafting specs searching the game. I just wish that you could craft the level that you wanted rather than the level specified by your skill, for example clothing rarity blue, crafting rarity legendary do not bother crafting the mod because you cannot install the mod in the clothing.

I just started a playthrough three days ago (my 51th), and whattayaknow, not a single clothing mod in the game!

I cba hunting for clothing mods anymore as it takes time I don't want to spend after more than 1000 hours. I suggest they are put back in the shops again. CDPR has to realise that some people play the game more than once. And if there's something we just don't want to do is spend a lot of time on time consuming actions that only lengthen the game and not the pleasure.

They're drops now from what I heard last. Kind of annoying, yes. Would rather buy them at a shop than hope one drops. Might just use CET to get them if possible so I don't have to look, though I don't mind having to farm them tbh. On my 4th playthrough and want to go extra slow as to be able to bring my character into the expansion naturally when it's available.

You can find most (if not all) mod crafting specs in containers during quests/GIGs.
So no need to grind (except if you search mods already crafted)

The 'missing' clothing mods make little sense. If you can find them in random loot boxes, they ought to be available at clothing shops.

Now if the mods had Level requirements, it would make more sense...and not make the game too easy IMO. There could even be a wider variety of clothing available [no level requirement] with just the price being the obstacle for acquiring it.

Top Bottom