Clothing Options Extremely Limited.

+
I've played about 42 hours so far and reached level 15 or 16 and noticed that the clothing vendors i've visited haven't added any new clothes. I've visited about 7 clothing vendors and the majority of them all have the same clothes/types of clothes. For example all I see are basic shirts/long sleeve/two types of shorts/3-4 different pants/1 bra/2 corset variants/2 unitards/2pumps/few shoes/boots. I don't know if there will be more clothes unlocked once I get further in the game or high in levels. I'm currently 30%/10%/10% for the story. I see NPC's with more clothes than I can find/wear/buy in the game. The NPC's seem to have 10x more clothing variations then what we can actually wear. I've noticed that you will see different shoes/heels/pumps that you can't purchase from vendors but can stare at on the shelves in their stores. I've only found 1 skimpyish unitard that is thong like but covers your top completely except shoulders. I'm hoping to find bottoms like panties/lingerie like the NPC's wear and revealing tops and more heels/pump options.

If anyone has seen more revealing outfits or skimpier ones please let me know. So far I'm tired of seeing shorts and skirts. If any dev's come across this, please add 100x more clothes all the way to the extreme skimpy clothes like tape that the NPC's wear. It's extremely teasing/cuck like to see all these clothes I can't wear in game.

Vejsa

Forum regular
With the amount of effort CDPR into talking about the amount of styles of night city, I genuinely believed there would be a good selection of clothing.

What we were given, however, is a small selection of clothing that barely looks good on your character - and it's only the same things over and over in different colors. Homeless NPCs wear better clothing than I do and I can afford a fucking Rayfield Caliburn...

I've played about 42 hours so far and reached level 15 or 16 and noticed that the clothing vendors i've visited haven't added any new clothes. I've visited about 7 clothing vendors and the majority of them all have the same clothes/types of clothes. For example all I see are basic shirts/long sleeve/two types of shorts/3-4 different pants/1 bra/2 corset variants/2 unitards/2pumps/few shoes/boots. I don't know if there will be more clothes unlocked once I get further in the game or high in levels. I'm currently 30%/10%/10% for the story. I see NPC's with more clothes than I can find/wear/buy in the game. The NPC's seem to have 10x more clothing variations then what we can actually wear. I've noticed that you will see different shoes/heels/pumps that you can't purchase from vendors but can stare at on the shelves in their stores. I've only found 1 skimpyish unitard that is thong like but covers your top completely except shoulders. I'm hoping to find bottoms like panties/lingerie like the NPC's wear and revealing tops and more heels/pump options.

If anyone has seen more revealing outfits or skimpier ones please let me know. So far I'm tired of seeing shorts and skirts. If any dev's come across this, please add 100x more clothes all the way to the extreme skimpy clothes like tape that the NPC's wear. It's extremely teasing/cuck like to see all these clothes I can't wear in game.

not sure but i found plenty of clothes from full body suits to little cuttoff shorts, bra's, vests, jackets, multiple diff kinds of pants slacks, skirts, dresses, hats, masks etc. plenty of options to choose from and mix n match ive only been to 2 clothing stores one ritsy one and a nomad guy who sells on the street so im sure there is even more i havent seen or found so my advice is keep looking or lvl up more since i will say i didnt notice some till around lvl 15 or so

ID like to get an official update on this.

Out of all the systems that aren't done in cp2077 clothing is one of the most underdeveloped. As far as I can tell the player has zero access to clothes worth by NPC's. Why? why would they develop these amazing assets and not have them accessible to the player. In a world where appearance is everything that's exactly what's missing.

ID like to get an official update on this.

Out of all the systems that aren't done in cp2077 clothing is one of the most underdeveloped. As far as I can tell the player has zero access to clothes worth by NPC's. Why? why would they develop these amazing assets and not have them accessible to the player. In a world where appearance is everything that's exactly what's missing.

This entire game is a haphazardly rushed beta... It makes me wonder what they were doing in the 8 years they were developing this game...

8 years, with 70% of the content cut, and what IS in, is super bare...

A underwear/lingerie option would be nice, as an additional clothing category.

Lack of prooer dresses, stockings, hugh heel boots. I can go on for pages upon pages. Just give us the clothing NPC's are wearing. More jewelry, nail polish makeup etc. Can all easily be added.
Post automatically merged:

This entire game is a haphazardly rushed beta... It makes me wonder what they were doing in the 8 years they were developing this game...

8 years, with 70% of the content cut, and what IS in, is super bare...

They need to add a simple "appearance" slot for all bodyparts to fix the clown situation.

I really dig a lot of those clothes individually and would love to actually be able to appreciate them beyond the fleeting moments of my inventory screen but yeah my V always looks likes a clown unfortunately. If CP2077 implements a 3rd person view I don't think Souls fashion will have anything on CP2077 fashion. Until then though, all the awesome design work is pretty much wasted.

The clothing system doesn't allow you to give your character a specific style so you end up with a character that looks ridiculous simply because they're wearing the clothes that have the best armour and other resistance perks.

Quite honestly I don't even understand why clothes have armor... I thought defense/resistances, etc. would of come through implants, body modifications, etc...

Which just about everything in these posts regarding clothing I can nearly agree with. I myself went Corpo and was looking for a more white blouse look with some nice white dress slacks. I saw NPC's wearing full white slacks but I could only seem to find short shorts, skirts or pants with some manner of design on them. I also had a small issue that there was no 'Preview' mode of the clothing you can purchase from stores to see what it looked like BEFORE you purchased it. Perhaps some small 3D rotating model viewer when you moused over the selections at the vendors would have been very nice.

I completley agree. When I look back at GTAV Online and the MASSIVE selection of clothing it has, its staggering how CP2077 doesnt have hundreds of options. I was looking for more thong styles, and stuff like that. Also, a way to change your underwear, so you can have either Panties/Thong, instead of just the 1. So much more I can add, but itll take to long

Can someone explain how you can upgrade your clothes to keep pace with your level?

I've been playing nearly 40 hours, broken down every gun and duplicate clothing I'm not using, saved all my resources this entire time, and I have 5120 common and 2107 uncommon crafting items.

Dressing for stats, my armor is 294, dressing for style, my armor is 119.

I just tried going the upgrade route and I burned through about 3000 of my common and all of my uncommon crafting items, just trying to upgrade my hat, and it went from 4.3 armor to 22.8 armor, which is still less than the ugly random head gear I'm currently wearing.

How can 40 hours of resources not upgrade a single hat?

I thought you were supposed to be able to upgrade the stuff you like to keep up with your level, I just don't see how it's possible to upgrade clothes you like.

I get there are armor mods you can slot in clothes, but most of the cool clothes I like have no mod slots.

Am I doing something wrong, or is upgrading an entire outfit you like just completely impossible?

Upgrade.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom