Clothing Options Extremely Limited.

+
Anyone managed to get/find heavy military gear with helmet visor or just found that Arasaka Body armor?
There is a NUSA version of that body armor.
Post automatically merged:

Earlier I said I wanted an option to hide head gear...I want to amend that...Should have an option to hide every piece of gear. It would help us tailor the look. I know it sounds like we'd make V run around naked. I won't be, most won't be, but a few might. Really it is so we can hid outer top and boots for that beach walker look, or hide the hat and face gear because the best we have looks terrible, or hide the outer and trousers to make a bodysuit be the look. There are many reasons to add the feature.

We should add more slots too, but only after a team is on the lack of clothing designs issue. Belts would be dope; they would basically have one stat on them, carry capacity...because it's a belt. Gloves would be dope too. Really, even socks would be welcome, and underwear too. Ideally these would be added along with weather being and issue. Acid rain days, Ozone hole/Sun Flare UV warning days, Heat Wave days; all of these would have different clothing requirements to not loss HP and have functioning cyberware.

Last edited:
I've played about 42 hours so far and reached level 15 or 16 and noticed that the clothing vendors i've visited haven't added any new clothes. I've visited about 7 clothing vendors and the majority of them all have the same clothes/types of clothes. For example all I see are basic shirts/long sleeve/two types of shorts/3-4 different pants/1 bra/2 corset variants/2 unitards/2pumps/few shoes/boots. I don't know if there will be more clothes unlocked once I get further in the game or high in levels. I'm currently 30%/10%/10% for the story. I see NPC's with more clothes than I can find/wear/buy in the game. The NPC's seem to have 10x more clothing variations then what we can actually wear. I've noticed that you will see different shoes/heels/pumps that you can't purchase from vendors but can stare at on the shelves in their stores. I've only found 1 skimpyish unitard that is thong like but covers your top completely except shoulders. I'm hoping to find bottoms like panties/lingerie like the NPC's wear and revealing tops and more heels/pump options.

If anyone has seen more revealing outfits or skimpier ones please let me know. So far I'm tired of seeing shorts and skirts. If any dev's come across this, please add 100x more clothes all the way to the extreme skimpy clothes like tape that the NPC's wear. It's extremely teasing/cuck like to see all these clothes I can't wear in game.

I agree! Hard to play CyberThot 2077 right now because of clothing. There are so many cool combos I see on NPC's that I wish I could get or try out. Good points and I hope some devs see what you wrote :)

I also think they need to change the way clothing is worn by your character. It sucks having a cool shirt and jacket, but the jacket or certain tops COMPLETELY cover up what you are wearing underneath. Would like the option to be able to zip or unzip jackets or vests. I feel like my character look and fashion is limited because so many different clothing items cover other clothes, it makes it more about stats then fashion. I wouldn't be as upset if CDPR themselves hadn't made such a big deal about fashion and customization in the game. I would also like to see underwear options. Even if you choose nudity, I would like each character to have an underwear option boxers or briefs, hell even banana hammocks or something like it for male V and panties and bra or even lingerie for female V. I think for the female characters Panam is good example. She clearly has layers of clothing that are visible ie a bra, her top piece, and then a jacket and you can see all of them. The player is limited to a shirt and jacket, or just a jacket or vest.

Clothing selection is absurdly small. All these cool looking NPCs walking around in streets? No shops sell such clothes and doubt it drops as all I get variations of same boring shit.

Keep in mind also that those cool looking NPC have a ton of cool looking cyberware options to choose from. You do not (but you should).

Some outerwear also removes the inner wear layer. I have a netrunner suit I wear under everything, and it's pretty much invisible due to the outerwear doing this. Means I get the extra armor, just not the appearance of it.

What, you guys dont like looking like a krunked out meth-head riding the 1980's special bus? I digress, they really need a transmog system...and make it so we can hide our head gear (or make it look less krunk)....missing all that "deep character customization"🤷‍♂️
Post automatically merged:

The clothing system doesn't allow you to give your character a specific style so you end up with a character that looks ridiculous simply because they're wearing the clothes that have the best armour and other resistance perks.
"Hmm, should we go 3rd person, and have a shit-ton of clothing and customization optons, while really alllowing for the player to connect and see their toon, or should we just mail it in and go easy mode 1st person so that the player doesnt realize he looks like he lives with a van of homeless cracked out clowns down by the river?" I think we know what they decided....

Last edited:
The game of missed chances and broken promises... sad and frustrating. It's a miracle the game still is as enjoyable as it is. On topic: I'm about 50 hours in, and close to SC 40, and I still only find the same 5 shoe models, the same 2 skirts, the 1 dress, the 4 pants, ect. Outside of a hand full of legendaries with more or less unique models, everything is incredibly samey. Remember the "Styles of 2077" trailer? Where are the golden face plates, chrome jaws, feathered long coats, black stealth body suits, tacky dresses, high heeled boots,...? Even if the plan was to add more stuff later via DLC, that too was overblown advertisement.

Can someone explain how you can upgrade your clothes to keep pace with your level?

I've been playing nearly 40 hours, broken down every gun and duplicate clothing I'm not using, saved all my resources this entire time, and I have 5120 common and 2107 uncommon crafting items.

Dressing for stats, my armor is 294, dressing for style, my armor is 119.

I just tried going the upgrade route and I burned through about 3000 of my common and all of my uncommon crafting items, just trying to upgrade my hat, and it went from 4.3 armor to 22.8 armor, which is still less than the ugly random head gear I'm currently wearing.

How can 40 hours of resources not upgrade a single hat?

I thought you were supposed to be able to upgrade the stuff you like to keep up with your level, I just don't see how it's possible to upgrade clothes you like.

I get there are armor mods you can slot in clothes, but most of the cool clothes I like have no mod slots.

Am I doing something wrong, or is upgrading an entire outfit you like just completely impossible?

View attachment 11086367
You are doing it right, and that's what is frustrating......

The clothing all comes in categories, with the more rare stuff starting off more powerful and able to have items added like a +20 armor bonus, etc. So SOMETHOW, you'd need to find a Trilby Hat that is rated as Rare or even Epic, then upgrade that to have really high ratings. Assuming the Trilby Hat is even available in anything but Common.

So unless they change the way upgrades work, I'd suggest you exploit the economic system and get thousands more without wasting hours and hours doing so: Buy all the canned items you can, break them down, sell off the components which will at least triple your money, then go to a vendor and buy up their components. Since a $10 can can be broken down into about $30-40 or more worth of components, and you buy components for less than that, you make money as well as rack up components simply by running around to vending machines.

Less time consuming and you can hopefully make a Trilby Hat with 40 or 50 armor

CDPR need to rework this game clothing system because it is a massive mess. First of all please make the wardrobe in V apartment works so I can actually stash my clothes in a proper section instead of lump it together with my weapons stash.

2. they need to rework their clothing store system, each store should have a specific style they cater to for example if I went to Jinguji a high end corpos boutique I expect it to sell mainly neo militarism style of clothing so no janky kitsch or entropism style on that store same goes if I go to street vendor in badlands they should sell entropism styles stuffs, if I go to vendor near the red light district I expect a more skimpy kitsch style clothing. Right now all clothing stores sells random shit that doesn't even makes sense with their store appearance it also makes clothing hunting very unpleasant I have to go to all stores to find 1 jacket that I liked.

3.V should be able to go to the fitting room of the store and so we can preview how it looks on V before we purchase, it is annoying right now because when I have no idea how the clothes gonna look like what the colours and designs looks like unless I buy it and only to be disappointed afterwards that I spent 3k eddies on trash I wouldn't wear.

4.Also why are the clothing choices are soo boring and where are the cool neon transparent muscle tanktops/ the clear plastic jacket the clear plastic dress that npcs wearing in the clubs streets? Why can't I find them in stores? Why only npcs gets to wear that stuffs and not our V? Please made all npc clothing available for V to purchase and wear. Same goes for cyberwear where are the colorful cyberwear limbs? It is annoying that NPCs gets all the cool clothing stuffs.

5. Please add a transmog system because I found my favourite looking jacket but it has an abysmal beginner armor stats so I can't really wear it as I progress further and upgrading isn't even that reliable

They should really work on this after they fix the game breaking bugs and optimization.

The more I think about it the more I think that this game isn't actually ready for public release soo many cut content and unfinished features.

Just wanted to say that I am level-capped/cred-capped. The clothing options don't really get much better. Even Legendary subdermal armour becomes inviable as an alternative to proper gear relatively early on.

It also wasn't until recently that I decided to just buy a Legendary inner that had four slots, filled them all with maxed out Armadillo mods, and put a top on that made it completely invisible. That shirt alone nearly doubled my armour value. The takeaway is that the whole system is very poorly done.

2. they need to rework their clothing store system, each store should have a specific style they cater to for example if I went to Jinguji a high end corpos boutique I expect it to sell mainly neo militarism style of clothing so no janky kitsch or entropism style on that store same goes if I go to street vendor in badlands they should sell entropism styles stuffs, if I go to vendor near the red light district I expect a more skimpy kitsch style clothing. Right now all clothing stores sells random sh*t that doesn't even makes sense with their store appearance it also makes clothing hunting very unpleasant I have to go to all stores to find 1 jacket that I liked.

They do all sell something particular to their area, but the parameters behind what each store can sell seem very broad and possibly RNG-based (i.e. Jinguji has a high chance to spawn neomil/neokitch stuff but still has a smaller chance of spawning kitch or entropism or streetwear). I am consistently able to get dress vests from Jinguji or yukatas from that Japanese brand. It is odd finding things like office shoes in the trailer park vendor, though.

the funny thing about the clothing options is that they had all the imagination in the world to pull this off. They could have done anything they wanted and people would be ok because it is the future... Anything...But this is just bad. There are few good looking clothes. Some corpo, some street kid but not enough nomad... i mean there are jumpsuits but eh... just pay a clothing designer with imagination... and make function like in AC Odyssey where we can transform our clothes into something else... cuz im tired of seeing all my ledendary clothing just because they give huge amount of armor...
Upgrading is useless... its weird, we dont get a "real" upgrade just a tiny stat boost....

I want my shiny skin :(

I'm not fussy. Leggings and an awesome sweater would be nice. NPCs have em. We don't

NPCs have stockings and tights too and awesome plastic skirts. V doesn't have that option. I think this is one of the first games I have ever played with the NPCs look better than the player character.

I understand there's a ton of bugs and glitches that need to be fixed first, but I wonder what the likelihood actually is of them taking all of our suggestions into consideration. I would think somewhat high given the amount of customer dissatisfaction...

the funny thing about the clothing options is that they had all the imagination in the world to pull this off. They could have done anything they wanted and people would be ok because it is the future... Anything...But this is just bad. There are few good looking clothes. Some corpo, some street kid but not enough nomad... i mean there are jumpsuits but eh... just pay a clothing designer with imagination... and make function like in AC Odyssey where we can transform our clothes into something else... cuz im tired of seeing all my ledendary clothing just because they give huge amount of armor...
Upgrading is useless... its weird, we dont get a "real" upgrade just a tiny stat boost....

There are a lot of cool clothes out there.... from gutter rags, to street leathers, fashion clothes, business clothes, tactical stuff....

The problem is the RNG based nature of how one goes about acquiring them (either through loooting, crafting or buying). It's all a big crap shoot, both in availability and utility. You find a great item that doesn't match your style, or a crap item that matches it perfectly. The game of chance doesn't encourage the player to explore the various styles that V can sport... discourages it, actually.

My solution to the problem...

What's annoying with the small clothing selection. Is that it doesn't justifiy them restricting physical body changes. I get why they didn't want the body changes cause of model conflict issues. But with a small selection it is. Might as well had sets of clothes set for fat, muscle, and regular bodies. Hell, if they made the gangs more useful to the story. They could of had special clothing unlocks done. Like say you could join or befriend someone from Animals. You got their clothing sizes etc.

They could of had special clothing unlocks done. Like say you could join or befriend someone from Animals. You got their clothing sizes etc.

Agreed, and just posted a thread about this and the lack of a rep/wanted system with the gangs...it's really killin me while playing, seems so obvious to have included, that it feels missing.

I want my cybernetic arm... or hand... or leg, complete with color options.
I keep picking up subdermal LEDs...We definitely should be able to customize the look of our cyberware. This would also require us to be able to customize the clothes to hide sleeves and such. We need a better clothing crafting situation.

I think 1 method that would help with clothing look and allow the player to dress the way they want without worrying about how much armor the clothing provides would be to have none of the clothing provide armor value and instead be able to add armor to clothing in the form of armor plating added to the clothing's mod slots.

I think 1 method that would help with clothing look and allow the player to dress the way they want without worrying about how much armor the clothing provides would be to have none of the clothing provide armor value and instead be able to add armor to clothing in the form of armor plating added to the clothing's mod slots.

Exactly. Except for iconic/legendary items, make clothing universally available to buy in all tiers with increasing cost, and each tier gets a number of slots. That very idea outlined here:

Top Bottom