Clothing Overhaul

+
Remove the stats completely from clothing pieces, make them a la GTA or Watch Dogs. Introduce a smaller slot next to each clothing slot like mods are, which would be underwear fiber weave or some shit, which in lore would be bulletproof.

Buy and choose any clothing style you want, then add the per cent Weave into each slot for stats. Done.

Honestly I don't know how the current customization got green lit. A whole team saw V wearing a fedora, a mask, a tank top, a mini skirt and cowboy boots and said "yeah it looks good".

nah, if you want to look like some homo in a spandex, do that, but you shouldn't be awarded the same stats as a piece of high tech armor

also the whole clothing stat issue makes no sense. there are different stats for every clothing based on level. you can get high level stats for every single piece of clothing in the game

nah, if you want to look like some homo in a spandex, do that, but you shouldn't be awarded the same stats as a piece of high tech armor

also the whole clothing stat issue makes no sense. there are different stats for every clothing based on level. you can get high level stats for every single piece of clothing in the game
I dont think you understand what I'm saying.

Remove the stats completely from clothing pieces, make them a la GTA or Watch Dogs. Introduce a smaller slot next to each clothing slot like mods are, which would be underwear fiber weave or some shit, which in lore would be bulletproof.

Buy and choose any clothing style you want, then add the per cent Weave into each slot for stats. Done.

Honestly I don't know how the current customization got green lit. A whole team saw V wearing a fedora, a mask, a tank top, a mini skirt and cowboy boots and said "yeah it looks good".

That's how the system currently works, I think what you want is to detached the mod slots from clothing altogether which would mean there would be no rarity/quality systems to clothes since the only thing that the rarity system currently controls is up to how many mod slots each clothing item can have.

Beyond that clothing doesn't really have any stats, well other than armor tho most of it is dependent on mods in the first place. One of the biggest issues atm with the game is that the stats system is kinda broken, even if we discount the maths are hard problem the game has there aren't any really interesting stats or modifiers that actually work atm.

The entire mod system would likely need an overhaul, if TW3 had a relatively simplistic stats system the one CP2077 has is so special the kids on the shortbus could make fun of it.

I thought of a similar idea, clothes should be an underlayer, and armor should come from tactical accesories like elbowpads/kneepads/vests/helmet etc. Pretty much like real life, wich should keep those immersion nerds that like to go around ruining games, in there search for realism, and superiority, happy, and quiet.

If anything it will allow players to actually have a style, and then focus on upgrading/enhancing tactical gear.

Yea whoever designed this pile of fashion Cr*p for the player character was obviously a talentless Village People retro fan...there are not enough slots per body area, and the whole clothing range has virtually zero appeal or style nor relates to any logical cyberpunk vision

I think any game like this you either min/max or look how you want.
Dark Souls
Bloodborne
The Division etc.

I never care about the stats go for fashion over everything.

I posted a suggestion for clothing that I now just keep in my Sig.

JagoA

Forum regular
You guys above are misunderstanding, no stats on clothes means no armor nothing and it would serve only a vanity purpose. I'm fine with this style of implementation with only specific types of clothing providing armor such as vests, helmets etc. Also can do clothing mods like you said and maybe under the skin plating which we already have but maybe for different parts of the body. Also would really enjoy more slot pieces for accessories such as rings, necklaces, earrings etc.

Current system allows me to wear exactly what i want from level 10 all the way to level 50. Its one of the best i've seen actually. The only thing i have to do is occasionally visit the correct store and buy the new version, like from blue to purple. Then, i only need to craft or buy a couple of armadillos and boom, current level armor rating with the same look. Love it.

Dude in the picture will probably wear the same outfit until the end game, but when i go there everything on him, mods included will be purple.
20210111000606_1.jpg

I just wish there was some sort of "glove" mod, or a "skin texture" (various colors). A bit like the tyger claws tatoo or the first "weapon reader" mod you get but covering your hand. Alternatively, new slot(s) for cosmetics.

Gorilla arms shouldn't serve as substitute for gloves - let us equip gloves seperately. If need be, disable them if you use certain augmentations like Mantis blades where they might interfere, but still keep the armor value if they have any.

I just want to be able to recolor. There are many very cool combos of clothing here....and the whole stat thing is just fine as is. The colors are what need to be re looked at. I dont mind wearing weird shit but at least let me color match it.

Im fine with it as is, it could do with some tweaks and vendors need fixing for sure but, as is, im seeing alot of ppl come up with alot of different looks for there character and for the most part there enjoying it and thats all that matters.

The game forces noone to "dress" a specific way and you, the player, can wear as little or as much as you like mismatching everything and anything.

What you wear and how you decide to wear it is upto you, dont try and force what you think is correct onto others, theres plenty options to cover alot of likes, use them

Transmog is desperately needed. As well as vendors selling all clothing (except Iconic of course) There's an insane amount of clothing in this game that is wearable. But you'll hardly see any of it because it's not sold in stores and only drops from NPCS or containers with insane RNG. Then add on top you want an epic or legendary version as well... and well let's just say it's infuriating. So much clothing and yet we are limited due to the weird system that's set up.

If a combat NPC is wearing it, it should be on their corpse. If a non-combat NPC is wearing it, I should be able to find and purchase it in a clothing shop.

Honestly yeah the game seriously needs a customization dlc.

The problem i see with the games design entirely is that it reminds me more of Fallout and not at all Cyberpunk.

That's precisely the point, that a tank top grants you more armor than a militech tactical vest, and that's just lame

i would be nice to just be able to wear what you want and buy mods to effect the over all stats , same with weapons , i just want to make my item more personal to me rather than scavenging everything !

Im fine with it as is, it could do with some tweaks and vendors need fixing for sure but, as is, im seeing alot of ppl come up with alot of different looks for there character and for the most part there enjoying it and thats all that matters.

The game forces noone to "dress" a specific way and you, the player, can wear as little or as much as you like mismatching everything and anything.

What you wear and how you decide to wear it is upto you, dont try and force what you think is correct onto others, theres plenty options to cover alot of likes, use them
what? The problem is that if you want to have the best stats you cant choose what you wear.

Top Bottom