Clothing should not have armor stats

+
Armor stats should be based on something else bulletproof vest or somthing you wear under. This way you can be free to wear whatever you like instead of worrying about armor stats of different clothing. Also a bit weird that a thong has more armor than a bullet proof vest..maybe get rid of armor completely meaning you have very low HP and really need to use your abilities to stay alive, this is where the RPG mechanics would come to play.

Armor stats are fine but I'm shocked there's not at least some kind of Transmog system. A big part of the cyberpunk genre is the style, and yet the most optimum way to play is pick up whatever has the best stats?

Yeah, sure, I'm just wearing a netrunning suit under a plaid hillbilly jacket, wearing cargo shorts and high heels. I feel more like a monstrosity from Saints Row than a cyberpunk merc.

I like the way it's set up, personally. Nothing wrong with showing off armor stats.. it stands to reason that SOME sort of armor must be in the game if there is combat.

The whole thing with clothing is a mess tbh. I wish they kept the idea of having clothing with slots to add stats/armor so you can swap when you find something new you like (for the case of clothing rarity, it could have been rarity is equal to number of slots available.)

Without going in and redoing the whole thing, all I can think that they can do is create a secondary menu purely for clothing aesthetics that blocks their armor/stats, while the current menu remains with the armor but removes the clothing visibility.

Agreed OP. Armor makes sense in fantasy or sci-fi games where you are wearing actual armor. In CP though we are just wearing clothes. The "armor" system should all be worked into cyberware and the skill trees. Clothing should just be aesthetic choices.

Yeah, sure, I'm just wearing a netrunning suit under a plaid hillbilly jacket, wearing cargo shorts and high heels. I feel more like a monstrosity from Saints Row than a cyberpunk merc.

The irony here is that Saint's Row 3 had better clothing options.

They should add the function to the secondary outfit tab where you can use whatever gear you want to override the appearance of what you are actually wearing. It's the simplest solution that doesn't require them to rework the entire gear system.

maybe get rid of armor completely meaning you have very low HP and really need to use your abilities to stay alive, this is where the RPG mechanics would come to play.
LMAO, what? Removing the stats of items would not make this an RPG, it would turn it into even more of a shooter. You don’t have armor in COD and it all comes down to your aim. Is that what you want?
Also, you can just play on the hardest difficulty if you really want it that way since there armor is effectively irrelevant because you get quickly turned into Swiss cheese regardless if you just let bullets hit you.

Personally, the change I would like to see is armor being body part- and even area-specific. Get hit in your kevlar thong? Little damage. Get hit in your bare chest instead because you are wearing an unbuttoned shirt? Insta-death (or close to it anyway). Also, that way items like thongs would be less practical no matter the rating because they would leave, say, the legs bare and only cover the crotch.

I think transmog would fix the whole issue or have appearance slots, I don't think removing stats would make it an rpg, far from it. Also anyone else sad that earrings are part of char creation and not actual items? What about other jewelry too?

I personally think they should rework the entire clothing and mods system into something along these lines :

Give all clothing 2 types of modifications, Tech and Armor. Each piece of clothing has one or more slots split between these two types depending on the type of gear and rarity.

For example a pair of short shorts should have just 1 armor slot and 1 tech slot and that is it. They offer hardly any protection.
A pair of cargo pants might have 3 armor slots and 4 tech slots. A pair of military pants might have 4 armor slots and 2 tech slots.

Basically the amount of coverage and bagginess of the clothing should dictate how many mods they can have them, rather than just rarity. All clothing items should have mods slots regardless of their rarity.

The mods themselves should be reworked as well. Some of the buffs are ridiculous.
Firstly all weapon damage and crit mods should be moved to weapon mods and not be stackable on clothing as its game breaking.
The amount of Armor you get from the mods should be halved to accommodate additional armor slots on clothing but their price should be jacked way up, 10x at least.

Armor stats should be based on something else bulletproof vest or somthing you wear under. This way you can be free to wear whatever you like instead of worrying about armor stats of different clothing. Also a bit weird that a thong has more armor than a bullet proof vest..maybe get rid of armor completely meaning you have very low HP and really need to use your abilities to stay alive, this is where the RPG mechanics would come to play.
I just want to hide helmets/hats/caps etc...

I agree. Would fix a big problem these types of games have with clown outfits. It'd be nice if it was mostly an underarmor stat.

Top Bottom