Cloud saves not working (XBOX)

+
Unable to load a cloud save Xbox One X (Bug?)

I've been playing Witcher 3 on PC via steam but also own the Xbox version. Yesterday I upgraded my PC version and got the Cross Progression configured, and everything seems to be working well. I've also installed Witcher 3 (with all add ons) on both an Xbox Series X and an Xbox One X. On the Xbox Series X I am able to load the cloud save and play with no problem. On the Xbox One X I can see the cloud save but am unable to load it with the following error:
You are missing the following downloadable content required to open this save: Alternate Ciri Appearance

I confirmed that particular DLC was installed it, reinstalled it, uninstalled the entire game and reinstalled it, confirmed in game options that the toggle exists on/off for the Alternate Ciri Appearance... Nothing has worked, I am always stopped from loading the save with the same error. Any ideas?

Post moved!

From the sounds of it, I'm betting that you purchased the GOTY edition for PC? Because of the marketplaces, that's not the same "product" as TW3 with the 16 Free DLC + the DLC for Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine purchased separately. Sorry for this, as I know it seems totally stupid, but it's necessary to differentiate one purchase from another on the systems.

Is that the case?

I'll doublecheck that, but the same disc was used to install on both Series X and the One X, and both installed a total of 18 add-ons. I'll look and see if there is a difference in version between the working Series and non-working One.

Nope -- that means I'm wrong. You can forget the comment above.

What about region? Did you happen to purchase each console in a different part of the world?

No they are both US. The Series X version is 4.0.0.1, and the One X is 4.4.0.0. While the non-working One X does show Ciri being installed under Xbox manage game, it does not appear in-game under DLC list -> options/installed (but the Ciri toggle does appear under options/gameplay). On the working Series X Ciri does appear in the DLC list.

Hm. I'd send this in to CDPR Support directly. From what you've said, that should be working, as far as I can tell. Some possibilities:

1.) Sounds as if the patch may not have worked correctly on the last-gen console. If there's a manual way of forcing it to check for updates, that may be worth a shot.

2.) Due to the launch of the Next-Gen Update, it could be that servers are just bogged down. Maybe it will clear up in a day or two and work just fine.

3.) Might simply be a bug with sharing caused by the update. I would expect to hear of more people having this problem if that was the case (...which we still may, though I hope not, obviously.)

4.) Could be an issue with your account(s). Maybe logging out and back in to each might resolve it? It may also be worth contacting Microsoft Support about it, as the problem may be on that end.

Unable to load a cloud save Xbox One X (Bug?)

I've been playing Witcher 3 on PC via steam but also own the Xbox version. Yesterday I upgraded my PC version and got the Cross Progression configured, and everything seems to be working well. I've also installed Witcher 3 (with all add ons) on both an Xbox Series X and an Xbox One X. On the Xbox Series X I am able to load the cloud save and play with no problem. On the Xbox One X I can see the cloud save but am unable to load it with the following error:
You are missing the following downloadable content required to open this save: Alternate Ciri Appearance

I confirmed that particular DLC was installed it, reinstalled it, uninstalled the entire game and reinstalled it, confirmed in game options that the toggle exists on/off for the Alternate Ciri Appearance... Nothing has worked, I am always stopped from loading the save with the same error. Any ideas?
Hi darth, I am having this exact same issue and wondering if you have found a fix, thanks.

Top Bottom