Cloud sync saves from Switch (v3.60) have NewGame+ turned off when opened on PC (v1.32)

+
I had been playing back and forth from the Switch to the PC with no issues. However, when I recently tried to upload my NewGame+ cloud save from the Switch and opened it on my PC, the NPCs/quests were at the original levels and not the scaled levels.

I have tried solutions on both ends of this problem. Uninstalled the GoG Galaxy client, turned enemy up-scaling on (which had no effect), I tried logging off and on again to my GoG account on the switch, uploading and opening all my more recent Switch saves on my PC. None of this has worked.

I think I have narrowed the problem to the cloud saves coming from the Switch being corrupt in some way, but I don't know what to do about it. One additional factor I hadn't considered is that the GoG galaxy client was updated to 2.0 and my issues began then. Not sure if it is related.

Any ideas of other solutions to try would be appreciated. Would hate to be limited to a single version now.

1.) Are you using mods on either version, or have you ever used any in the past? This would be my first consideration for any weirdness.

2.) Also, New Game+ in general was never an intended feature. I know that (on PC, at least,) it requires a small process to ensure it launches correctly:
  • Save the game in a new slot after the final credits.
  • Exit to the main menu.
  • Start NG+ using that new save file.
Perhaps, try importing that "new save" from the Switch, then beginning NG+ on the PC. I would ensure the scaling setting is the same on both platforms before importing the save. If that seems to work, try importing the other saved games again.

1.) Are you using mods on either version, or have you ever used any in the past? This would be my first consideration for any weirdness.

2.) Also, New Game+ in general was never an intended feature. I know that (on PC, at least,) it requires a small process to ensure it launches correctly:
  • Save the game in a new slot after the final credits.
  • Exit to the main menu.
  • Start NG+ using that new save file.
Perhaps, try importing that "new save" from the Switch, then beginning NG+ on the PC. I would ensure the scaling setting is the same on both platforms before importing the save. If that seems to work, try importing the other saved games again.
1.) I figured mods would act weird with the switch version, which is why I never used them on this fresh install of the game.

2.) I tried sending my newest save from the PC version (after progressing several hours) to the Switch. I then made a new save and sent it back to my PC and there was no issue... Everything is working fine now despite me doing nothing different then before... However, if I ever run into this issue again I will try the above suggestion, so that I don't lose ~3 hours of progress next time. Thanks for the response!

1.) I figured mods would act weird with the switch version, which is why I never used them on this fresh install of the game.

2.) I tried sending my newest save from the PC version (after progressing several hours) to the Switch. I then made a new save and sent it back to my PC and there was no issue... Everything is working fine now despite me doing nothing different then before... However, if I ever run into this issue again I will try the above suggestion, so that I don't lose ~3 hours of progress next time. Thanks for the response!

Meh. Could have just been corrupted data. It happens, especially when using wireless connections.

Either way, have fun dealing with the ongoing suffering of the people of Velen!

Top Bottom