Collect Em All: a 4th decoy?

+
Collect Em All: a 4th decoy?

Every source I have found says that the innkeeper in White Orchard has 1 of the 3 decoy cards. But when I completed White Orchard, she had a second one available after buying the other cards she initially sells. I didn't buy it because I thought you only needed 1 copy of every card in the game. If I did buy it, would I be able to have 4 decoy cards, or does one of the other 2 disappear?

iCake

Forum veteran
I don't think you need more than one decoy for the achievement to pop. You can have more than one decoy in your deck for sure. The most I had was 3 however, but I never hunted for them.

I just completed gwent: playing innkeeps and gwent: velen players and bought all cards from all merchants that sell them but my miraculous guide to gwent says there are 4 left in velen. Do later gwent quests get cards from this area?

iCake

Forum veteran
Makatak;n7126320 said:
I just completed gwent: playing innkeeps and gwent: velen players and bought all cards from all merchants that sell them but my miraculous guide to gwent says there are 4 left in velen. Do later gwent quests get cards from this area?

I bet it's the 4th leaders for each faction. You get them in the "High Stakes" quest if you win the tournament there.

I thought the high stakes quest was in novigrad?

does the miraculous guide to gwent include the 5th leader cards from Hearts of Stone? (even though that expansion isn't installed, the 5th leaders appear locked)

iCake

Forum veteran
Makatak;n7129300 said:
I thought the high stakes quest was in novigrad?

Hmm, that's a valid point. I guess this also could be cards you get from another gwent quest that's dubbed something like "playing all friend". You kick it off by playing gwent with Zoltan in Novigraad, but it will eventually lead you to locations outside of Novigrad.

Anyway, don't worry, I've got "collect 'em all" achievement way before there was any means of tracking missing cards and I never used any guides. Just play gwent any chance you get. Notable missable opportunities:

- Vegelbuld's mention: there'll be an opportunity to play gwent there during a party and during a quest of Triss'. That't the only opportunity to get the cards, you don't play then and there... well, it's obvious.
- This can be a spoiler. Anyway, I'll try to be as descreet as possible. You'll get an opportunity to participate in a quest related to one of your old friends and Radovid, the king of the north. Make sure to follow through with it, it'll eventually lead you to another old friend of yours and you can play gwent with him. ;)
- Some merchants don't show up as soon as you're in the area, most notably inkeepers that sell cards. To make them appear you either have to be in the area for a good amount of time or meditate an hour and they'll then show up.
- Some "People in distress" turn out to be merchants that sell gwent cards later to you. You have to save them first, obviously.

Ive played High Stakes and won only 2 out of 4 battles. thats means ive lost 2 cards from my deck that i wont be able to get now? :( Tried to save before. but it didint work. Right after you win over Sasha cinematic will start and i didint get any chance to save before playing against elf. This makes me little big angry because i trying to get every single card for the Achievement. Im playing on PS4 so bevile that my case is gone now...

Stebenev;n7506840 said:
Ive played High Stakes and won only 2 out of 4 battles. thats means ive lost 2 cards from my deck that i wont be able to get now? :( Tried to save before. but it didint work. Right after you win over Sasha cinematic will start and i didint get any chance to save before playing against elf. This makes me little big angry because i trying to get every single card for the Achievement. Im playing on PS4 so bevile that my case is gone now...

You can save after both first two matches. If you then loose to Sasha, you can reload from your earlier save and try again. If you win Sasha, I'm remembering that you can save again before the last match starts. (But I might also be wrong, it has been a while since I played this last time)

I also had to reload few times when doing that quest. If you still have save before that whole quest starts, just play again and save every time when you win a match and get a chance.

Did not get any opportunities to save after i won over Sasha. The cinematic with Elf started and after you were already at the table with him. and unfortunately i moved on with my game now. maybe can try and win i the future playthru. but it is little bit sad that you dont get any more opportunities to wint those cards.

Top Bottom