Collection of TW2 articles

+
algemajne said:
algemajne said:
algemajne said:
New interview:http://www.rpgfan.com/features/Witcher_II_Interview/index.html
I'm tired of them saying the game has been developped only with pc in mind. Just look at the interface ( inventory made of lists, shortcuts making a lozenge, etc ) and tell me they never thought about consoles. And then everybody is happy, saying they are the last ones caring about us. It's all marketing..
I would've agreed with you if not the fact that the interface is one of the least important things in a game, and that the interface in the first part was far from being good - now at least you can play with both KB/M and a controller (I remember people ranting about the first game that it had no controller support)... having a "consolised" interface is in my opinion too little to call the whole game a pseudopc/console game - that's just funny and idiotic, to be honest... and apart from the interface, everything else looks alright (maybe except those monitor aspect ratio things, but that's a technical discussion not a design one) so far. For the final verdict we should wait till the release, to see this "consolisation" for our own eyes.
What's the difference between a console game and a PC game besides their controls and their interfaces ? Did I mention the wheel or the fact that combat doesn't require to click on targets anymore ?Actually I really don't care if some aspects of the game are more console-ish, I just don't like developpers to hide it.

New swedish preview from skillpoint.se"Every time I got to see or play more of The Witcher 2, my expectations for the game have only increased. If the curve continues in the same direction neither Mass Effect 3 or Skyrim will best the The Witcher 2. For now, it not only feels like this year's best role-playing, but this year's best game all categories."In swedish:http://www.skillpoint.se/text/the-witcher-2-assassins-of-kings-0Translated into english with Google:http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=sv&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=sv&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.skillpoint.se%2Ftext%2Fthe-witcher-2-assassins-of-kings-0

Moutch2 said:
What's the difference between a console game and a PC game besides their controls and their interfaces ? Did I mention the wheel or the fact that combat doesn't require to click on targets anymore ?Actually I really don't care if some aspects of the game are more console-ish, I just don't like developpers to hide it.
There's no "wheel" in the Witcher 2... Did Gothic games or the older TES required clicking on targets? It's an ACTION RPG not a Dungeons and Dragons one or a Diablo/Hack'n'Slash clone, I personally hated the Diablo-esque combat of the first part.

algemajne said:
algemajne said:
There's no "wheel" in the Witcher 2... Did Gothic games or the older TES required clicking on targets? It's an ACTION RPG not a Dungeons and Dragons one or a Diablo/Hack'n'Slash clone, I personally hated the Diablo-esque combat of the first part.
No wheel huh ?0:11

How strange... I thought this thread was titled "Collection of TW2 articles". Oh, wait - it is. Back on topic please? There are about 20 other threads where people are discussing why they think TW2 is a console game and not true PC game. Please don't discuss that here. Thank you.

freakie1one said:
How strange... I thought this thread was titled "Collection of TW2 articles". Oh, wait - it is. Back on topic please? There are about 20 other threads where people are discussing why they think TW2 is a console game and not true PC game. Please don't discuss that here. Thank you.
This thread is about discussing these articles because we're in "General Discussion".There's a thread named "Recent Witcher 2 Media Coverage" in the News section for you.

Moutch2 said:
No wheel huh ?0:13
That's a pie/radial menu not a "wheel" and it has nothing to do with consoles.Planescape: Torment (PC-Exclusive RPG) had it,Neverwinter Nights Series (also PC-Exclusive RPGs) had it,Temple of elemental Evil (PC-Exclusive RPG) had it,and also a lot of other games not only RPGs and not only PC ones, but it had never anything in common with being only for consoles just like grid interface has nothing in common with being only for pcs.

algemajne said:
algemajne said:
No wheel huh ?0:13
That's a pie/radial menu not a "wheel" and it has nothing to do with consoles.Planescape: Torment (PC-Exclusive RPG) had it,Neverwinter Nights Series (also PC-Exclusive RPGs) had it,Temple of elemental Evil (PC-Exclusive RPG) had it,and also a lot of other games not only RPGs and not only PC ones, but it had never anything in common with being only for consoles just like grid interface has nothing in common with being only for pcs.
:DThen there's nothing I can do for you.

Moutch2 said:
Moutch2 said:
This thread is about discussing these articles because we're in "General Discussion".There's a thread named "Recent Witcher 2 Media Coverage" in the News section for you.
Thank you for being so courteous. Oh, wait, you weren't courteous at all. Please, carry on. Tell me more about consolish features and dumbed-down gameplay and everything else that has been said only about 1000 times already. I'm listening.

freakie1one said:
Thank you for being so courteous. Oh, wait, you weren't courteous at all. Please, carry on. Tell me more about consolish features and dumbed-down gameplay and everything else that has been said only about 1000 times already. I'm listening.
Like I said, everything has been told before in other threads and everybody knows what I'm talking about.The point is I don't like the developpers to pretend it's a "only PC in mind" game.

algemajne said:
algemajne said:
:DThen there's nothing I can do for you.
If you wish I can list you console games with grid menu for a change :)
That would be absolutely fabulous. I was hoping we'd get some more discussion about consoles going on in this-here thread.

Rock Paper Shotgun preview:http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/04/29/witcher-2-preview/

Tohveli said:
Rock Paper Shotgun preview:http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/04/29/witcher-2-preview/
I loved (and agreed with) the ending line:"The Witcher 2 is released on May 17, and if we don’t get review code soon we’ll explode."

There's a big fat topic on the top of the list for TW2 articles, why not post there?Anyway, just read that article, liked it a lot and my favorite line was "The Witcher 2 is released on May 17, and if we don’t get review code soon we’ll explode."

DelightfulMcCoy said:
There's a big fat topic on the top of the list for TW2 articles, why not post there?Anyway, just read that article, liked it a lot and my favorite line was "The Witcher 2 is released on May 17, and if we don’t get review code soon we’ll explode."
It's a good read.. I'm not sure what it means that they don't get review code then they'll explode..

Top Bottom