Collective_1 claiming my video of Priscilla's Song.

+
Collective_1 claiming my video of Priscilla's Song.

So I've recorded that part as I'm sure thousands of others people did, I wanted it on my channel, the video is private so far, I am not monetizing any of my videos. Few moments after I've uploaded the video from my PS4, I noticed that it was claimed by someone called Collective_1.

I've read that there was a lot of claims like this for videos that didn't even have any music and from a wide variety of games. I'm pretty sure that Collective_1 has no rights to The Witcher 3 content but if I'm wrong please correct me, I want to dispute the claim but there is no fitting option there.
There is no commentary during this video as it is the song only no other gameplay so I'm not sure that I can use the "My use of the content meets the legal requirements for fair use or fair dealing under applicable copyright laws". Or can I put the credit in video description and then use the "I gave credit in the video." option? Any advice? I want to make the video public but I don't want to let some random "company" make money on it.

No need to claim Fair Use since it is within CD Projekt Red's video policy: http://thewitcher.com/videopolicy

Sometimes it might get a bit grey area with licensed songs in a game, but Priscilla's song is an original composition.

You definately can dispute it linking to the video policy above.

Top Bottom