Collector's Edition Statue problems

+
Kinda make me feel ok that my CE was cancelled by EB (which is a terrible thing considering how much I wanted the CE), in the end I bought the medallion and 3 shirts from Jinx...

I wonder if CDPR wouldn't have been better to just release a cheaper figure that would actually look as intended, rather than a hand painted one. We'll see with the CE for Cyperpunk.

Marcin finally replied last week to my multiple emails, yet no response since then. :(

Where do I find the mail address where to contact Marcin?

---------- Updated at 04:33 PM ----------

I wrote everywhere.
After two months, the answer he gave me was Namco Bandai:

"All the statues are colored the same way, I'm sorry."

But I asked for a change with something different, not to be told what I knew already.

Now I'm trying again to contact CD PR to see if they can do something for them myself agreeing with Namco Bandai.

But I remain pessimistic.

Last edited:
I received the second replacement statue yesterday... it was an improvement over the first, but still worse than the original as the hole in Geralt's head that his ponytail fits in was misshapen & it didn't fit properly... it actually fell out while I was fitting the sword :/

View attachment 23639
View attachment 23638
View attachment 23637
View attachment 23636

Bandai Namco are apparently going to pick up the replacements today. I hope this can be resolved soon, it's been over 3 months already :/

Attachments

• rep2-4.jpg
    rep2-4.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 278
  • rep2-3.jpg
    rep2-3.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 271
  • rep2-2.jpg
    rep2-2.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 273
  • rep2-1.jpg
    rep2-1.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 209
It's been almost a month since Marcin said he would get back to me and yet I have no response. I sent another email today. Unfortunately, I think I see legal action in the future. I really wanted to avoid this, but this whole situation is utterly unacceptable and I want the statue I paid for. It's that simple.

I was lucky enough to get an answer from Marcin, with Namco Bandai.

Should I get a pack directly from CDs to PROJECT days, containing not know what.

I hope I can eliminate at least part of the "trauma" of the double statue poor.

I asked Marcin not make the mistake again with the future with the collector's edition.

Last edited:
This is the latest email I've had from Bandai Namco:

Hi,

We have consulted with our colleagues about this matter and all we are able to do is continue to offer a replacement.

As we've mentioned the statues have been checked internally and all seem in line with one another in terms of quality.

Please let us know how you would like to proceed.

Regards,

Bandai Namco UK Customer Service

So apparently all of the statues they have are like this and all they're prepared to do is keep replacing them rather than take the issue up with the manufacturer. I'm currently considering my options; I've forwarded the email to Marcin to see what he has to say.

Yeah, I tried that tactic by contacting Marcin and he's having the American distributor, Warner Brothers, send me another statue. I have to wait for it to arrive, but I expect it to be the exact same and if that turns out to be true (maybe it'll be a miracle and it's actually done right) then legal options are all I have left and I'm ready to take that step. This entire process is more than ridiculous. :(

Well, I'm very happy (and, honestly, surprised after all this) to report that the statue Marcin had sent to me arrived today and that it's quite a bit better than the other statues. It's still not as nice and detailed as what was advertised but it finally has more detail, more vibrant paint, no massive painting mistakes, no thick slabs of paint just thrown on and is just painted better overall. Did you know Geralt's sword isn't all black? Yeah, I didn't either. :) The color from the griffin to the base is still only one color so you can't tell where the griffin ends and the stone begins, but compared to what I had before, I'll take it. (Edit: Now that I've seen it in full daylight this statue does have a different color for the bottom of the griffin and the stone. It's slight, but it's there unlike the previous statues that had the bottom half of the griffin and the stone he's standing on all just painted the same exact color.) Had this been the first statue I received I would have been a little bit upset it wasn't as vibrant or detailed as what was advertised but I would have been fine with how presentable it was and considered it acceptable for the amount of money I paid.

It's just so sad that I/we had to go through all this painful process over however many months since the game's release (I've honestly lost track) to get what should have been delivered to us on release. I am happy that CDPR did finally come through in the end but not happy it took me almost having to take legal action to get it. They have gained some of my trust back but I will definitely think very. VERY hard about ever purchasing a Collector's Edition from them again. They'll definitely get my money for their games because they've all been outstanding! but the purchase of any physical items will be thought over very carefully.

So, for me, finally this process is all over. :D

Last edited:
Well, I'm very happy (and, honestly, surprised after all this) to report that the statue Marcin had sent to me arrived today and that it's quite a bit better than the other statues. It's still not as nice and detailed as what was advertised but it finally has more detail, more vibrant paint, no massive painting mistakes, no thick slabs of paint just thrown on and is just painted better overall. Did you know Geralt's sword isn't all black? Yeah, I didn't either. :) The color from the griffin to the base is still only one color so you can't tell where the griffin ends and the stone begins, but compared to what I had before, I'll take it. (Edit: Now that I've seen it in full daylight this statue does have a different color for the bottom of the griffin and the stone. It's slight, but it's there unlike the previous statues that had the bottom half of the griffin and the stone he's standing on all just painted the same exact color.) Had this been the first statue I received I would have been a little bit upset it wasn't as vibrant or detailed as what was advertised but I would have been fine with how presentable it was and considered it acceptable for the amount of money I paid.

It's just so sad that I/we had to go through all this painful process over however many months since the game's release (I've honestly lost track) to get what should have been delivered to us on release. I am happy that CDPR did finally come through in the end but not happy it took me almost having to take legal action to get it. They have gained some of my trust back but I will definitely think very. VERY hard about ever purchasing a Collector's Edition from them again. They'll definitely get my money for their games because they've all been outstanding! but the purchase of any physical items will be thought over very carefully.

So, for me, finally this process is all over. :D

Image ?

???

I'll try to get an image, but unfortunately the only digital camera I have is incredibly old and has pretty bad pictures. But I will try.

Also, when I started putting the packaging away today it turns out there was also a letter with the statue apologizing for all the problems that I had gone through and that CDPR truly does appreciate the customer feedback even when it isn't positive. It was a really nice gesture. Originally, I just thought it was a packing slip so I never even looked at it.

So here are some pics of the two statues to compare.
My digital camera is almost a decade old so the pics aren't great, but it's all I have.

Good Griffin: Nice vibrant paint, better painted mouth and eye. Sorry pic is a little blurry.

vs. Original with thinner paint and sloppier mouth and eye.

Good Wing: Nice white feather accents.

vs. Original Wing with very few accents.

Good Chainmail: Better paint job, almost evenly covered. Also better texture on back of Geralt's head.

vs. Original Chainmail: Honestly this is the best of all the chainmail on the original and it's awful. All the chainmail on the original is much worse than even this. No texture on Geralt's head.

Good Boot and Details: The details all over this new one are much better done than the original. Just the griffin cuts in this picture are painted much more carefully. You can't tell very well from this picture, but in person it really is a huge difference.

vs. Original Boot and Details: So many of the details on the original are just so darn sloppy, just like this boot shows. Shoot, part of the original Witcher medal is painted brown.
:(

I won't post pics of the face because you just can't tell the difference with my camera, but the paint on the new one is painted with more detail and thinner layers of paint. Some of the face paint is so thick on the original I don't think I could paint the eyes in properly if I wanted to because the paint's that thick. Neither face looks good up close but you don't really see it when it's displayed so it's fine for that.

While paying closer attention to the statues to take these pictures I did notice two things I do like better on the original as far as colors. Though the bottom of the griffin and the rock are the same color green on the original (which I hate) there are some nice stone white highlights on the original rock that makes it look more realistic and there are no highlights on the new one but on the new one the rock is a different color than the griffin so that's good. Also, the coloring of the gloves, leather gauntlet and sleeve have better shading on original than the new one. That little hand and arm section is the nicest painted part of the original. It's like it's not part of the rest of the statue. Like a true artist just worked on that one little part and then it was thrown to the wolves for the rest of the painting.

So again, still not as good as what was advertised and shown for purchase, but an acceptable statue.

Last edited:
I'm still waiting for my package.

Probably there will be another statue replaced colored a little better, and some gadgets.

Mah. We hope to be satisfied.

I finally received a double pack containing:

- Statue of Geralt with griffin, finally colored in an acceptable manner.
- Compendium The Witcher 3
- Soundtrack
- Posters
- Badges
- T-Shirt
- Comics

I would have liked an expansion Pass and a Heart of Stone in more instead of another statue with Griffin (I own two now), but you can not have everything.

Marcin thank you for following the whole issue :)

Very nice :)

Marcin also arranged for a replacement statue to be sent to me from CDPR, which I received on Tuesday (although I didn't get any other stuff... lucky you :p). The paintwork could do with a little tidying up IMO but it's acceptable (it's *much* better than the others I had anyway), and there's at least no significant physical flaws with this one.

Anyway, thanks again to Marcin for his help, and the rest of CDPR :)

I have a big problem with the collector edition statue.
I opened the box today and I had a nasty surprise. The tail of the griffin is broken, the hilt of the silver sword is broken, the griffin is broken in more point.
I'm really disappointed. :(
Where do I find the mail address where to contact CD Projeckt?

No response from CD Projeckt.
Now I've contacted the italian Namco Bandai customer service. I'll keep finger crossed. :(

No Title

SWORD REPLACEMENT:
If anyone has a sword that broke or needs replacement, Moment3D in Henderson, NV, has made me a copy and has the file on hand if you need one printed out. I have no idea how much they will charge since I had to pay for the rendering as well. But if you need one, at least there's an option now.

Below is a picture of the sword (sorry the pic is not great), but the they did a fantastic job printing it, including the little indents in the blade. Also, it is broken off in the picture (because I'm a klutz) but it does print out the little tiny post at the end of the handle that slides right into Geralt's hands in the statue. It fits perfectly just like the original with no need to glue it in.

Just an option out there for anyone that may need it.

Moment 3D Website:
http://moment3d.space/

Attachments

• photo184451.jpg
    photo184451.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
Top Bottom