Collector's Edition Statue problems

+
Mine was the same broken off from the griffin so I contacted support about it. But it looks like they don't want to deal with it the same as they did with the bust from the CE of the Witcher 2. I was hoping I'd get a replacement but now they want me to contact EB and all they will offer at best is a refund.

I opened up a support ticket online with the store I purchased mine from (EB games) and they are looking into the situation and im hoping for a possible compensation. As as I see it, there is no replacement cause 1, there isn't enough left. And 2, they would all be a similar crappy quality. Perhaps try opening a complaint/ticket with the place your purchased yours from?

I absolutely loved the idea of the statue. Hence why I got it. But it makes me want to hide it at the back of all my others.

I'm thinking of going and buying the right paints and re painting it myself.

But man. this loading issue. STILL can't get into the game. I've tried almost everything. Bloody xbox!

Last edited:
I'm extremely impressed with CDPR attitude... in a very negative way... What happened to all of that speech about "gamers deserves to be respected"? I suppose this must be the new CDPR, becoming a big fish and caring less about their loyal consumer base who brought them to the next level in the first place. Hopefully I'm wrong... Good luck for all of you that got defective or broken statues, I'm still waiting for mine. We don't deserve this for trusting and supporting CDPR! What worries more is that they apparently shipped perfectly sculpted and painted statues for reviewing prior to the official release, in order to avoid pre-orders cancellations... at least looks like it was the case...

Merged a few threads covering the same topic and changed the title. From now on, all the cases of damaged CE statues go here.

CDPR don't make or paint the statue!
it is(probably) painted in a workshop by a group of probably low paid painters along a bench of low paid painters like a bloody conveyer belt!
Hand Painted doesn't mean "care taken".
CDPR will no doubt react to the situation and supply new figures IF THEY CAN! it might simply not be possible to do so!
the promo figure was created by a company called uDock and it painted pretty superbly. but the manufactured version were probably out sourced to some Asian sweatshop!
it might simply be impossible to guarantee a good painted version; you might get slightly better, as we have seen with a few, but you might simply not get anything.
as with the TW2 busts; im sure CDPR (and in fact a CDPR member has already given his email address out in this very thread!!) will react to the best of their ablility

It would have been impossible for CDRP to verify the quality of each statue before packaging. I guess they need some time to figure out the magnitude of the issue and how to handle this officially.
Meanwhile you can "spam" Marcin.

P.S: hope mine will look good. fingers crossed

Hi guys. My Geralt is also poorly/sloppy painted. I was expecting more from a collector's edition which was supposed to be extremely limited and high quality. The artbook and the medallion are awesome, but the statue is subpar at best. I'm from Romania but I bought my CE from Hungary. I guess this issue has achieved global proportions as it seems that people all around the world are complaining about it. Very sad indeed. Wonder if CD Projekt will do anything about it...probably not :(

It would have been impossible for CDRP to verify the quality of each statue before packaging. I guess they need some time to figure out the magnitude of the issue and how to handle this officially.
Meanwhile you can "spam" Marcin.

P.S: hope mine will look good. fingers crossed

I just mailed Marcin concerning the figure, as it is not clear how this will be handled, I first off just wanted to know, if this is beeing looked into. If I get a response I'll let you know of course. Right now there are probably a lot of topics with the release of the witcher 3 that need attention so let's wait and hope for the best!

My guess is that we won't get a further response till they have done an internal investigation of the problems. They are probably in contact with the company that made the statues and thus can't really give us any answers till they have discussed it.

At the same time they are also dealing with loads of technical issues so they are sure to be quite busy.

We will probably hear more about this in the next workweek.

CDPR don't make or paint the statue!
it is(probably) painted in a workshop by a group of probably low paid painters along a bench of low paid painters like a bloody conveyer belt!
Hand Painted doesn't mean "care taken".
CDPR will no doubt react to the situation and supply new figures IF THEY CAN! it might simply not be possible to do so!
the promo figure was created by a company called uDock and it painted pretty superbly. but the manufactured version were probably out sourced to some Asian sweatshop!
it might simply be impossible to guarantee a good painted version; you might get slightly better, as we have seen with a few, but you might simply not get anything.
as with the TW2 busts; im sure CDPR (and in fact a CDPR member has already given his email address out in this very thread!!) will react to the best of their ablility

I'm aware of all of your points as I collect action figures, but even being painted in a very low quality chinese production line, the sculpt of some statues are full of deformities and badly made! This problem can't be solved by simply repainting it. The quality of the statues isn't CDPR's fault as they're made by another company, but CDPR should be responsible for QA of each one of them! In fact, I've paid half price of a Sideshow statue for something 10 times inferior! To be honest I won't even want to display a statue like those defective ones, it would ruin my collection...

Last edited:
I'm still waiting for mine, but did anyone get a statue that actually does look like the one in the previews and that unboxing video? Or is everyone's just either broken or painted like ass?

I'm aware of all of your points as I collect action figures, but even being painted in a very low quality chinese production line, the sculpt of some statues are full of deformities and badly made! This problem can't be solved by simply repainting it. The quality of the statues isn't CDPR's fault as they're made by another company, but CDPR should be responsible for QA of each one of them. In fact, I've paid half price of a Sideshow statue for something 10 times inferior! To be honest I won't even want to display a statue like those defective ones, it would ruin my collection...

THIS! I only purchased the collectors edition for the statue as I am an avid collector. However I am so disgusted at the out come. I was so excited for this and wanted to display it proudly. I am a little frustrated in paying so much for minimal effort/quality. After further looking I have come to notice other effects like visible glue. Its such a shame. I want to put it in a cuboard and never see it again.

mine is also painted badly, few colours and quite a few places on the statue haven't been painted at all!

there are a few small bubbles, but they are barely noticable compared to the missing paint.

My Geralt is also looking derpy, the griffon looks amazing but Geralt is pretty underwhelming in quite a few places . Will post pics tomorrow morning, lighting's a bit dim atm.

Received mine yesterday and have to say disappointed with the paint work in terms of quality i'd say that the base coat was done then just a few details painted and there is no vibrants of colour like the hi-res pics posted of the statue. Part of the Griffin's underbelly is grey and there are specks of grey on his side. just a big disappointment. a real shame.

Fortunately, mine not so bad. Details not like press copies, but in general i'm satisfied. And a collector's edition i bought for art book in first place. (Some photos).

Last edited:
Fortunately, mine not so bad. Details not like press copies, but in general i'm satisfied. And a collector's edition i bought for art book in first place. (Some photos).

Not bad. This is the example that if was well painted that would be enough (except for the broken ones, obviously..).

I almost cried when I saw the sword... mine is ALL black without any splatter of course. Although I see you also have the defect in the wound

Top Bottom