Collector's Edition Statue problems

+
Thing is, I don't even get replies from CDPR any more, which is worrying me. At first they were quick to respond and told me to get this forwarded to the corresponding distributor, but now they don't answer a single one of my emails (I'm not spamming them but 3 mails in 2 and a half months and no reply?).

I've get one or two reply from CDprojekt, they said they will take care of it.
Nothing from them anymore, I'm kinda sick of waiting, it's been 2 month !

Anyone else having problems with marcin's email? I've tried repeatedly over the last few days to send him email and I keep getting a message that the cdprojektred server cannot accept traffic at this time. This is the address I have marcin.momot@cdprojektred.com . I'd just message him on here but I need to forward all of my emails with WB so I can't get that on here. Any ideas?

I emailed Marcin on Friday (same address - I replied to a previous email from him regarding the statue issues) and didn't have any problems, although he hasn't replied yet. I also emailed Bandai Namco on Friday & I'm still awaiting a reply from them too.

Attachments

• old1.jpg
    old1.jpg
    371.1 KB · Views: 92
  • old2.jpg
    old2.jpg
    373.9 KB · Views: 89
  • new1.jpg
    new1.jpg
    381.7 KB · Views: 82
  • new2.jpg
    new2.jpg
    388.9 KB · Views: 111
  • new3.jpg
    new3.jpg
    385.2 KB · Views: 75
I just received a reply from Bandai Namco and it looks like they intend to ignore the issue now:

Thank you for getting in contact and we are sorry to hear you are not satisfied with the replacement supplied.

Each statue is individually painted across 10s of thousands built globally, and in some ways the quality of that work is in the eye of the beholder.#

We personally checked these statues against others before sending to you as very aware you were unhappy with the paintwork previously, and can only say it was inline with the others we had at the time here. Which raises the problem that sending you another will result in the same outcome.

If you are still unhappy with the quality we can only suggest one returns the complete collector edition package to the retailer you purchased it from for a refund and purchase the standard edition of the game separately as we do appreciate it is a large investment to be unhappy with the quality.

We apologise for the inconvenience and if required will try to assist in whatever way possible, and maybe, if you decide to return, let me know the retailer details so we can advise them directly as you may now be over the allocated return time.

We look forward to your reply and many thanks,

Seriously, what the fuck?! "...in some ways the quality of that work is in the eye of the beholder." How can anyone look at these statues, see the careless sub-amateur paintwork, shoddy assembly, broken parts of the statue just painted over and think "yep, those look ok"? This is insulting. How can anyone say this with a straight face?

I've been a big supporter of CDPR, I pre-ordered The Witcher 3 at GOG as well as my Collector's Edition and bought several gift keys as Christmas presents for friends. I trusted that CDPR would make things right if there were any problems; they have their good reputation because they've previously been very customer-friendly. Back when The Witcher 2 launched I had pre-ordered it at GOG as well as the CE, and my TW2 CE came with a broken Geralt bust, but CDPR made things right back then. This time however... given the silence from CDPR since my initial emails back in May and Bandai Namco's response here it's not looking good; this is an immense disappointment :(

Guess I'll be contacting Marcin again :/

---------- Updated at 11:05 AM ----------

Honestly if it was just a case of poor paintwork I'd probably just repaint it... I have a little basic experience with model painting & the painting by uDock is so atrocious I think I'd have to deliberately do a bad job to do worse. However that isn't really an option due to the physical damage/defects with the statue :/

Last edited:
Thank you for getting in contact and we are sorry to hear you are not satisfied with the replacement supplied.

Each statue is individually painted across 10s of thousands built globally, and in some ways the quality of that work is in the eye of the beholder.#

We personally checked these statues against others before sending to you as very aware you were unhappy with the paintwork previously, and can only say it was inline with the others we had at the time here. Which raises the problem that sending you another will result in the same outcome.

If you are still unhappy with the quality we can only suggest one returns the complete collector edition package to the retailer you purchased it from for a refund and purchase the standard edition of the game separately as we do appreciate it is a large investment to be unhappy with the quality.

We apologise for the inconvenience and if required will try to assist in whatever way possible, and maybe, if you decide to return, let me know the retailer details so we can advise them directly as you may now be over the allocated return time.

We look forward to your reply and many thanks,

Is this an answer of a professional trademark? Three days ago, I sent a package with my statue for replacement. Having regard to the outcome of quality of the others replacements, I not wait any solution... :(

Glad I didn't order the Collector's Edition. I'm happy with my standard edition :)

The collector edition of the witcher 3 is beautiful.
The only flaw is that the statue, which was to be the best thing, is painted in a bad way.

The replacement is unnecessary.They have to make new statues, and they never will.Too expensive.

I hope to repay, with the expansion pass. It seems to me the least we can do.

Last edited:
In my case Milano -> Roma, a couple of days.
Namco Bandai Ita has pledged to solve the problem, but I'm told that there are delays due to staff on vacation.

Let's see if they can make me happy. Rather than from them, requests that I made depend mainly on CD PROJECT.

I have had my CE for months and pondered whether or not to post to this thread in fear of backlash from the community as it contradicts the OP, but my statue came out rather nice. Its beautiful and I love the bottom of it too having felt pads. My statue from Elder Scrolls online looks hideous next to my Witcher statue lol No paint, cheap plastic and no felt pads on the bottom. Granted I spent 50 less for the ESO CE but still, the Medallion alone is worth 50 if you ask me! Decent ones on Amazon cost that or more and dont look nearly as good nor have a nice chain. Anyways, just wanted to throw it out there that not all the statues were awful. Ive seen the pictures and videos on youtube, its a shame really. My heart goes out to those who got bad paint jobs. I would be pretty sad if that was the case for me but like I said, the real diamond in the CE for me was the necklace. Love it so much! Wear it daily lol

Thanks for reading and I apologize if I offended anyone with my statement. Have a good day fellow Witchers. Farewell!

-Z

Don't apologize for having a nice statue. Be grateful. That's cool your's turned out so nice. Unfortunately, that didn't happen for a lot of us.

Top Bottom