Collector's Editions Through GoG Galaxy

+
Hey all.

So I was thinking recently, and I realized that most of my posts thus far on CDPR's forums have been when I've seen things that I have questions or concerns or am otherwise not particularly thrilled about.

This isn't necessarily wrong per se, but I'm also thinking it may not be 100% the most constructive approach in my feedback to a developer that really is my current favorite in the entire industry.

One recent example was during the PC CE Boxed Edition kerfuffle when it was originally announced there would be no physical boxed CE for PC in North America. As somebody who wanted that and nothing less I (and quite a few others) were less than pleased and expressed our displeasure here. To their credit, CDPR moved quickly to address the issue.

But one of the things that I read a lot of at that time was a lot of people expressing a desire to support CDPR and their, typically to date, very customer friendly approach to game design and marketing. This is something I agree with.

This makes me wonder: why can't we get physical boxed editions with GoG Galaxy keys instead of Steam? Had the option existed, I would have preferred to get my collector's edition with a GoG Galaxy key rather than Steam, but that wasn't possible.

I imagine it is not possible at this time to comment on future CDPR games and their distribution, but for the next major game post-CP2077 it would be nice if we didn't have to choose between getting the Collector's Edition and supporting via buying the game through GoG.

Stupidity and/or not enough research apparently. Thanks for correcting me!
No worries, I didn't mean anything by it. I was genuinely curious if there was some news source/post that said that, because I'd want to let them know it's not correct.

The tricky part with wanting to support them directly via CEs is that obviously a retailer takes its own cut. I really wish CDPR just sold their own CEs via perhaps their Merch Store, but oh well. I assume they wouldn't bother if it wouldn't turn a profit, so I guess it works out.

No worries, I didn't mean anything by it. I was genuinely curious if there was some news source/post that said that, because I'd want to let them know it's not correct.

The tricky part with wanting to support them directly via CEs is that obviously a retailer takes its own cut. I really wish CDPR just sold their own CEs via perhaps their Merch Store, but oh well. I assume they wouldn't bother if it wouldn't turn a profit, so I guess it works out.
Speaking of retailers... GameStop apparently cancelled a whole bunch of Cyberpunk 2077 collectors editions. If you went through GameStop, check to see if you still have it. They cancelled mine.

Speaking of retailers... GameStop apparently cancelled a whole bunch of Cyberpunk 2077 collectors editions. If you went through GameStop, check to see if you still have it. They cancelled mine.
Good call. I pre-ordered on both Amazon and GameStop.

I was wondering why GameStop said it still had stock for something like 2 months when every retailer was sold out.

Mine too. :mad:

Well, nothing is cancelled as of yet, but the GameStop store I've preordered from will cease to be before Cyberpunk 2077 release date. All Gamestop Nordic stores will cease throughout next year.
It's so damn typical!
I just wonder what will happen to all those preordered collector's editions. I can't really believe the devs will stop producing the games will they? Not because of this.

Top Bottom