Colorblind player having trouble w/ Card Rarity

+
Colorblind player having trouble w/ Card Rarity

Greetings. Blue-Green colorblind Gwent player here. I'm currently having difficult differentiating between the differences between rarity of many of the cards. Particularly between common, rare, and epic cards. The little square in the lower right hand corner of the card is a bit too small and the colors are a bit too similar for me to tell the difference between them without filtering out the different rarity types in my card collection.

Do you think it would be possible to either change the colors to allow for a bit more variation between them to denote rarity? (e.g. common = silver, rare = red, epic = blue, legendary = orange). Also, I think denoting the card's rarity in the card's text under its description (when you zoom in or right click on it) would be really helpful as well.

Any other suggestions? I know this isn't a gamebreaking issue since the card's rarity doesn't affect gameplay much (its group does, not its rarity). But this is really annoying to me being colorblind. Thanks!

This is a good idea.
I think the color changes will be welcome in general. Would also be nice if the square was a bit larger as well.

Great idea!
More distinguishable colors are essential. As a mild colorblind myself, sometimes I really struggle with a few colors.
And maybe associating colors with shapes would solve it more easily.

Last edited:
Ag0n1st;n6886500 said:
Do you think it would be possible to either change the colors to allow for a bit more variation between them to denote rarity? (e.g. common = silver, rare = red, epic = blue, legendary = orange). Also, I think denoting the card's rarity in the card's text under its description (when you zoom in or right click on it) would be really helpful as well.

Any other suggestions? I know this isn't a gamebreaking issue since the card's rarity doesn't affect gameplay much (its group does, not its rarity). But this is really annoying to me being colorblind. Thanks!

I agree. I wonder if they could change the shape as well. So, even if the color were not changed, the shape (maybe Square, Circle, Triangle, Star) would be an indicator.

Would also like the Rarity added to card description text. Maybe the type line. Example: Cow would say something like "Epic / Melee / Loyal"

Even i have issue with some cards to recognize what color that tiny square is made of, especially for elves where u have a blue square and a green border around it.

A very fast fix might be a colorblind option where colors are swapped to numbers 1-4. Won't look really beautilful but would be nice until a more refined option is implemented later. It would not require different options for different kinds of color-blindness.

Very good point this one :) Because this game is in beta stage at the moment, right now is the perfect moment to bring up issues like this. Even though the REDs read these forums, they don't necessarily notice every post. And because support ticket also includes an option to give feedback, I' suggest that you use that. Just to make sure that this issue is noticed. You can also include your own suggestions into that report.

https://www.playgwent.com/en/contact-support

I'm not colourblind, and I can't tell these colours sometimes. There's a deck-flavoured border around the square, isn't it?

... yeah. Looking at them on gwentdb.com, it's really not intuitive or readable at all.

I made the suggestion a while ago to have raritys equivalent to ranks. Common could have no insignia, rare will have one stripe (private), epic will have 2 stripes (corporal) and legendary will have three stripes (sergeant). USA army for reference but it can be any military inginia. These shapes are easily recognizable and since this is technically a game of two armys going to war, I think this would be appropriate.

Fantastic idea! Posted a similar suggestion myself. Not colorblind, but certainly having trouble distinguishing the differences.

Top Bottom