Combat Crashes with AMD R9 285

+
Oh yea this fills me with so much hope at the moment, right guys!

Seriously i feel bad that you went through all that for that statement. It sounds more like a pre set pr response than anything.

Im betting its an auto-response. Oh yeah...btw we're working on it...lol

Can anyone verify this?! I can't try it myself at the moment

Yes this totally works. I've been stuck on that shreicker contract for days but it crashed every time, tried this and beet him no problem without crash. Probably want another confirmation but this looks like a promising answer!!!

Options>Video>Hud Configuration>Action Log OFF this fixed all my problems with crashing can someone test this?

I dont have any hud and the crash is there. A lot less but is there. Maybe one crash in 3 or 4 hours gameplay, until i reach ciri bullshit gamebraker for me only win10 driver solve my crashes with ciri

---------- Updated at 04:50 AM ----------

Just a PSA for those of us that have been so preoccupied with our 285 issues. If you can play, keep an eye on your quest XP, CDPR have verified that it can bug out and you stop getting quest reward XP. https://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/37khps/careful_bug_breaks_xp_rewards_for_quests_in_patch/

Im with the bloody baron and recently pass that 3 witchs thingis im level 5 i think im underlevel. This is real?

Last edited:
CDPR Tech support told me that problem is caused by AMD, wait for the new driver. New driver released and problem is still there. At this point I still don't know who is responsible for this crash. AMD or CDPR. (I didn't test the driver myself yet)

CDPR Tech support told me that problem is caused by AMD, wait for the new driver. New driver released and problem is still there. At this point I still don't know who is responsible for this crash. AMD or CDPR. (I didn't test the driver myself yet)

Its most likely amd to be honest. The thing is if it is them then....we might as well just buy new cards.

New driver. 1 hour in
Fighting the big arrdvark
crashed to desktop. No resolve in new driver. Gonna rollback.

---------- Updated at 01:05 AM ----------

Its most likely amd to be honest. The thing is if it is them then....we might as well just buy new cards.

NEW CARDS YOU SAY!? Thinking the same...

---------- Updated at 01:12 AM ----------

Im done with AMD. Fell short and kept me waiting for a failing driver. Im done....convert to team green.

Monday I'm going to buy gforce ... I've had enough ... never more amd , wish you good luck with this red shit ... cya ppl

Pathetic. Wish I could afford to buy a Nvidia card now. Wonder what the chances are of this issue being fixed in the next W3 patch?

is it possible to get a refund for the game? preordered with steam, and i am not going to dump my GPU/buy a new one just because of a buggy game.

I no have money for buying new videocard for any new game. My r285 nice work all games ,example - Gta5,Mortal Combat X - All High Video Options = 60 FPS STABLE.No one game crash! Only w3. Its magic or nice work to invite people to buy nvidia and give Amd some crap.I never buy more one project CDRP. Why? No test game ,nice trailer ,nice sold in steam... if developers test game with all cards ,problem detect and fix ,but no need. Need add super Nvidia Hair FpsFail Option ,Many bugs with horse,Fast patch but no fix! Im pay for game ,good game. Thanks very good crash-game. Delete w3 and never run more. Good game ,but no respect gamers. Please no make more game ,go work nvidia. Nice for yours team.

Nvidia cool...broken Project Cars for amd...now make crap with witcher... why nvidia? go use brain!
I think if amd & cdrp fix problem soon ,but no need help gamers ,need make patch 1.99 for Update Hair,Texture,New dress,New dlc,New bugs.

Goodbye people.

I will definitely buy an Nvidia next time. I don't have money to do it right now but the next time, no red shit for me.

Top Bottom