Combat Crashes with AMD R9 285

+
I think the biggest problem *Ambient Occulusion* turn off HBAO+ and SSAO -little to reduce the problem until it reaches a new patch 1.05 and new amd driver 14.5

Having the same problem here with r9 285. Tried a multitude of things, no luck. Been updating regularly and still crashes in combat. At this point I can't continue with the game, because I can't get past a key-battle without the game crashing. Really disappointing. What now?

Having the same problem here with r9 285. Tried a multitude of things, no luck. Been updating regularly and still crashes in combat. At this point I can't continue with the game, because I can't get past a key-battle without the game crashing. Really disappointing. What now?
Now we don't buy Cyberpunk 2077

Believe me, I'm not happy about the crashes, but look at some of the other posts on the forum and you have pages of people with 980s and 970s and other cards crashing during random gameplay for no apparent reason, some I've seen say they need a hard reboot each time because they can't alt-tab or close the program.

Hopefully AMD and CDPR can narrow down our problem as it might be something specific in the combat. I'm getting impatient, too. But I'm not ready to throw my card out the window that works fine for everything else and is perfectly stable in this game except for this stupid combat bug.

Yah other users have problems too but the frustrating part here is ours is repeatable and its something specific that does it...every one of has same exact problem to the letter. Thats why we are probably more annoyed because it seems like 5 mins of testing this on a 285 would have shown CDPR the issue exists. Alas it will get fixed just Im impatient :p

Seems that underclocking 200MHz and locking frames to 30fps has given me a somewhat stable game. Will report back if crash.

Edit: Crashed in combat again. bummer.

Last edited:
Hi,

Well I have a R9 295x2 and my computer completely locks up so I gotta reset the computer to get back in again, so I have given up on playing the game since it crashes after 10 to 20 min.

R9 295x2
Intel i7-5930
32GB Ram
Asus Rampage V Extreme mainboard

/Eagle

Have you tried disabling one of your cards? I have 2 290x's and the game doesn't support crossfire so I just use one and get about 40-50 Fps on Ultra.

Its my last time to buy AMD card

Dear god, people like you are the worst you get one thing wrong then its OMG this brand is garbage, shit happens dude. 285 is about the only card I have heard problems from AMD, while any Nvidia card is pretty much unplayable....Guess your going intel

Installed it a few hours ago, and whilst my frames have increased (GTX 970) the game crashes every minute or two. Any help/advice would be appreciated.

After install this patch my pc crash and freezes continously in random non playable scenes.
For example when
Keira change this clothes with magic.
Set all in Ultra at 1080p
GeForce Gtx 980
Intel i7-5820k 3.30GHz oc to 4.0GHz
32GB DDR4
Drivers 352.86
Windows 8.1
GoG Galaxy

Hi all.

My Specs are these:
i7 4770
Zotac GTX 770 AMP 2GB
16GB RAM

When i play the game it always freeze around 3-6 min. I can still hear the sounds but nothing happens. The i got a message ( drivers stopped responding and has recovered)

I try to fix these past days but coudn't do.

I tried with 3 differents drivers : 347.88/350.12/352.86 nothing changed
I tried the points in this Thread to : 2-3-5-6
I tested in Low high settings and i get 75 FPS and 50FPS but it still keeps freezing.
I don't know what to do next.

I hope that someone knows something that can help me play this game.

I'm also crashing to desktop after updating to 1.04. I never crashed once with 1.03, now I CTD every 15-30 minutes... it's unplayable like this and it's very frustrating/disappointing. I want to play the game so badly... I'm playing on a GTX 760 2GB, i7-2600k with 8GB RAM.

The game like.. alt-tabs, I can still hear audio for a few seconds and then the game closes... this happens every time it CTD in 1.04.

This is so frustrating now, the game is completely unplayable in its current state on a R9 285 card. I know they have acknowledged it on twitter, but perhaps a forum post recognising the issues we are having and giving a little bit of info on how the fix is progressing wouldn't go amiss. Even if they just say they and AMD are aware of the issue and are working on a fix that would be enough; the silence really worries me, it screams "WE DON'T HAVE A CLUE WHAT IS HAPPENING!" and fills me with dread.

well hopefully we will get a driver/patch soon sense the problem was found and reported during the weekend so AMD for one could do anything (they are stationed in the USA and on the weekend they don't work) so this will most likely get fixed this week but the most important thing is to spam them so they no this is a big issue

Honestly, I think im going to bite the bullet and buy a 290 or better yet a 970. Ive been relatively happy with AMD cards but honestly I think it would be faster for me just to bite the bullet and upgrade instead of waiting for a fix.

Hopefully CDPR does something about this because even though I feel as though this is more on AMD, I think it hurts them the most.

Honestly, I think im going to bite the bullet and buy a 290 or better yet a 970. Ive been relatively happy with AMD cards but honestly I think it would be faster for me just to bite the bullet and upgrade instead of waiting for a fix.

Hopefully CDPR does something about this because even though I feel as though this is more on AMD, I think it hurts them the most.

Seems risky to drop that much money on a new card for a week-old game that is crashing across all platforms. Obviously our 285 issue is not to be taken lightly, but at least it's reproducible and hopefully caused by something specific. Look around the forums and you'll see threads like:
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...5-Minutes-of-Playing-nVidia-GTX-970?p=1673553 and http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/36678-Crash-To-Desktop-No-error-messages-(FX-8350-GTX-970) and others where it's people randomly crashing with no specific action and no particular piece of hardware they can tie it to.

R9 285 is a good card. Are you going to buy a new card just because you can't wait a week or two for the game to be fixed?

Just to post it here aswell. Have that kinda freeze/crash bug since the release. Almost excusively happens midway thru animation in combat, where music keeps playing but game freezes for a few seconds and then goes to desktop, where i need to shut down non responding process thru task manager. Also tried varius graphic options, frame locks, fullscreen/windowed etc. etc. etc. Same error.

Too bad since I am soo eager to play this. What i seen of the game is awesome

i7 4790
8GB ram
R9 200 series GPU with 2gb ram
I tried both 14,4 and 15.4 drivers same error with freeze and crash
Windows 7

Top Bottom