Combat Crashes with AMD R9 285

+
If that really is their official line then I am incredibly disappointed. When there are no other drivers available (running 15,.4 beta) how can they be outdated? A really poor response and not one I expected from a company like Project Red to be brutally honest.

Gotta agree with you on that point...although it is a Nvidia GameWorks release and they more than likely have to keep their mouth shut on updates about a competitor. However, browse the forums....quite a few issues going on with team green too. I'm pretty disappointed that I had to underclock my AMD GPU to make the game run crash free because of a later driver release. But the problem lies in both fields. Poor PC optimization by CDPR and driver problems with both AMD and Nvidia. Just gonna have to wait for all the bugs to be worked out as far as the PC platform is concerned.

Guys you didn't try 15.5 drivers okay. Even if it's really the leaked driver, I remind you that it's 13 days old. And The Witcher 3 didn't come out yet when this driver is "leaked". 15.5 driver is supposed to be a driver for Witcher 3 and Project Cars. How do you believe that this leaked driver which was released before The Witcher 3 is going to fix our issues? That's the case normally for drivers and games I know, but you know the situation with Witcher 3. And something more, even that driver is completely legit, it's almost 2 weeks old. So when AMD releases it officially, there will be 2 weeks of improvement difference. So stop saying that 15.5 driver doesn't work. It didn't even come out yet. just wait for the real one.

Got a R9 285, same problem

Been playing for hours today using only signs, bombs and crossbow because it seems it only crashes with sword animations. One swing with a silver sword fighting a werewolf, and boom! it crashes to desktop with display driver resetting. Sword animations causing it, or maybe i just got lucky today :D

There is an 485 MB driverpackage on guru3d.com called 15.5 early beta. It probably wont work for everyone, but in my case i didnt crashed in 4-5 hours at all, checked it before installed via virustotal and its clean, it may not be the final driverpackage but for me it works already.

R9 295x2 Freshly reinstalled with the latest drivers from AMD 15.4.1 and it took like 5 minutes before the game crashed I mean crashed so I had to hard reset my computer, completely locked up, so no point in reinstalling either.

Eagle

8 crashes in the last hour. Eight. Aw well, at least Yennifer has a nice new dress..........

I love this game, but my patience is being well and truly tested here Devs.

Guys you didn't try 15.5 drivers okay. Even if it's really the leaked driver, I remind you that it's 13 days old. And The Witcher 3 didn't come out yet when this driver is "leaked". 15.5 driver is supposed to be a driver for Witcher 3 and Project Cars. How do you believe that this leaked driver which was released before The Witcher 3 is going to fix our issues? That's the case normally for drivers and games I know, but you know the situation with Witcher 3. And something more, even that driver is completely legit, it's almost 2 weeks old. So when AMD releases it officially, there will be 2 weeks of improvement difference. So stop saying that 15.5 driver doesn't work. It didn't even come out yet. just wait for the real one.
bro this is fake 15.5 driver, amd is not yet finish 15.5 beta driver
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=399245 dont instal not work
last driver for AMD is 15.4 http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/latest-catalyst-windows-beta.aspx
Here you can report a problem http://www.amdsurveys.com/se.ashx?s=5A1E27D23A3DE979
I hope that AMD will react

Last edited:
I would not recommend anyone to download those unofficial drivers.
I wanted to know if those using Windows 10 with the newest drivers through Windows Update are still experiencing this issue.

What is really disappointing is the fact this thread has now hit 20 pages and still no response. We know things go wrong, and we know sometimes things can be out their hands (if they are waiting on AMD releasing the latest driver) but when we (as customers) hear nothing apart from that single solitary tweet, well, it gets a bit annoying.

My game has crashed over 100 times yet I am keeping playing, but to be honest I don't know how long I can keep it up for because sometimes enough is just enough. A simple Dev post saying they are working on a fix will be enough to tide me over, it will be enough to curb the rage I feel when taking on a much higher level creature, getting it down to 2% health then crashing and having to start again, and again.

I completely agree with you DocStone, they are replying to several threads about insignificant bugs, yet we who can barely play the game get nothing. Extremely dissapointed in both AMD and CDPR.

I'm using the latest drivers from Windows Update, and I'm not experiencing combat crashes anymore. I'm on Windows 10 build 10122.

Well guys im in the first fight with ciri its imposible to finish that part. Lots of mobs everywhere. Gamebreaker for me. Really now i want my money back from both cdpr and amd. This shit is goin to make me a fan of dragón age inquisition and i really dont want to.

---------- Updated at 12:17 AM ----------

That Windows update driver is available for Windows 8.1? I need to reinstall Windows... Really...

Pls guys can you try without blur and motion blur, i have almost no crash without them. R9 285 btw

turn on motion blur XD

---------- Updated at 12:52 AM ----------

luigiruben better weit 15.5

on the bus I met today Wolverine

Attachments

• 11011637_577528759016241_3798748557654539929_n.jpg
    11011637_577528759016241_3798748557654539929_n.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Downclocking has fixed the problem for me, for some reason when Geralt does a quick attack or three attacks in a row it spikes the temps on the card. I ran a benchmark on my second monitor and noticed a serious spike in heat for some reason, turned my GPU Fans to 80% to keep it from overheating. The game will crash to desktop because the thermal rating on the card was exceeded, which is why in my event log I get ERROR: AMD Display driver has stopped working and has successfully recovered...Very very weird. But this fix worked. Let me know if this works for you guys.

Top Bottom