Combat Crashes with AMD R9 285

+
Oh yeah, dude I find is stupid that a 780 is worse then a 960. Nvidia is just a company that is out of control, they are almost a monopoly and don't give a crap about their older users. They have nearly 70% of the market now, and if AMD does fall, its going to be a lot worse. Also look at what they did with the 970, with the whole 3.5 GB of VRAM.

Last edited:
it's silly

SO, after 20 tries on Wandering in the dark quest I can't take it anymore! I dont know what im more sorry for: buying AMD 285 card(wich at the time seamed as a reasonable option) or preordering the game. Wanna play but cant beacause somebodies didnt do their job right >>> AMD / CDRP. Tried fighting wildhunt dogs without sword is a challenge unworthy of time since im not playing DarkSouls, so what are we sopposed to do? i've waited for a fix for a week now, and no news! If not for this forum i've never guessed that my v-card was to blame. i advised all my friend to think twice before buying/playing as it is a really annoying problem, but the all passed this quest without problems.Can fight the mobs, cant fight my own pc. This is a really big let down. So the question is when is it going to be fixed???? No news is good news doesnt apply in this case!! :scold:I think we all deserve at least an appologie for our time, and our money. :fury:

So far so good with these driver, no crashes but minor but noticable performance loss and stuttering here and there. Going to update the OP soonish.

Can also confirm, crashes didnt happen, although noticable perfomance drop. Game is still very playable.

Thankfully i finnaly got past the dogs with the help of this post. Hope this works forothers as well. no Crash an fighting with sword and all. Thanks dude! ps : in the boss fight i killed the dogs with igni, otherwise crash again.

spiralinfusion

R9 285 + constant crashing while killing Hounds of the Wild Hunt during Wandering in the Dark boss fight brought me to this thread. I tried various combos of settings. Nothing worked until I turned off Action Messages in the HUD settings. After I turned those off I could complete the fight and haven't had the lockup/crash yet. Not saying it will work for you, but this is what worked for me. AMD Phenom II X6 1055T, 8GB RAM, r9 285, Win 7 SP1.

Last edited:
Seven hours of crash-less Witcher 3, feels like a dream.

---------- Updated at 10:44 PM ----------

I'm currently unable to test it myself so I need you guys to test the 15.5 drivers. If they resolve the combat crashing issue I will remove the temporary fix from the OP and mark the thread as solved.

Honestly, we shouldn't have to go messing around with our computers settings and scouring the web for second-hand drivers to get things to work as intended. I mean I love to tinker, but this is absolutely a hassle and uncalled for. And for the owners of the 7XX series Nvidia cards having their troubles. Seems things are bad all around. Do we have an ETA on the 15.5 drivers? Will it be yet another week?!

So.... We need to keep playing with the modded Windows 10 driver. No need for ddu and try those 15.5 betabulshit.
The 15.5 has that new option to limit fps from catalyst like the Windows 10 driver?. Someone can post the info from software tab in the 15.5 to compare with the Win10 fantasy driver?

Top Bottom