Combat: FPS vs non-FPS (attn: Devs and Marketing please)

+
With the same level of animosity as before.

I honestly hope that they build the game as a TPP game with loving attention to the character animations but, have a FPP option with a well designed HUD system based around the installed cyber options. I want to be able to gaze upon Night City through my character's cyber-optics. Not over his head from behind.

This... the default mode has to be in 3rd person perspective, other wise the character movements just look stupid... as in fallout, skyrim, every fps I have ever played....

But it is interesting, that people mention optic optons and how they would work...

Perhaps activating an optic option other than the standard HUD should automatically zoom you in to FPS, so you Low Lite, Thermograph, IR, fileters only worrk in FPP, It's already how telescopic zooms work in every game ever, and everyone also uses uses it in this manner for image enhancement. ....

Hmm... Cyberoptic implementation needs its own thread...

Why can we all get along, and be happy playing CYBERPUNK TPP all together. :)

Because for some of us it's a matter of immersion. In Mass Effect due to TPP I feel like I'm with Sheppard where in Fallout 3/NV/Skyrim I feel I am the Lone Wander/Courier/Dragonborn all because of the option of FPP.

In the end I'll be happy to play a great Cyberpunk game regardless of perspective. I'm just hoping that we have a choice how we all look upon Night City. That way everyone is happy.

Aver

Forum veteran
Because for some of us it's a matter of immersion. In Mass Effect due to TPP I feel like I'm with Sheppard where in Fallout 3/NV/Skyrim I feel I am the Lone Wander/Courier/Dragonborn all because of the option of FPP.

I never feel like I am protagonist. No matter what perspective. FPP + silent protagonist make me feel like main protagonist is a mannequin.

I'm just hoping that we have a choice how we all look upon Night City. That way everyone is happy.

I hope there will be one perspective, but polished. Even if it would have to be FPP.

Top Bottom