Combat in The Witcher 3

+
Uhm...the title menas "Game of the Year?"

---------- Updated at 11:25 AM ----------

I hope there will increase the "combat area", because now it is too short, and the enemy encounter is easily exploitable.

this seriously worries me. if enemies are so confined to areas than does this mean they dont roam around? wont they be seen traveling from one place to another?
so far these drowners are the only enemies i've seen doing this (being tethered so harshly) and i THINK that wolves and humanoids WILL follow you if you run away, but seeing this makes me worried that animals will stick to a certain location too much like seen here.
with creatures that are not comfortable outside their home (like creatures who love being around water) it might make sense, or creatues that are teritorial and are just watching over their home, but not humanoids and creatures that can travel or hunt.

damn i have no idea what they are talking....
Nothing special. He just mentions he is very sleepy.

The title does mean "game of the year", with an interrogation.

He actually showed something quite new and important... we seem to not be so helpless under water. And the tethered drowners. It reminded me of a tiger in Tomb Raider 3, for PS1.

I'm sure CDPR will squash the more obvious ones but the truth is that the game will have bugs. With a game of this scale and size bugs are inevitable.

I really hope this is bug. Because from technical side it is not always depend on animation what character doing. So when i first saw this sword problem i thought that may be Hitting action of character is actually box around of mesh and animation is just visual side of this action. So even Geralt aim wrong side the trigger box is still doing his work in another side.

So if i kill a deer. Monsters might come to it. So what then. Can i stuff the carcas full of C4.. I mean sanum bombs! and have a maybe proximity trigger.. u see where im goin with this. I dont think this is the case. I just hope this baiting thing actually serves meaning in this game. i love mechanics like that.
Maybe drawing enemy to narrow corridor with lots of traps and stuff.

sword kill animations

So I've poured countless hours watch videos and reading articles in anticipation of this game. I can't wait to dive into this massive world and enjoy every aspect the creators of thIs game have put before us. I have noticed however a lot of times when a monster is killed with a sword where the player jumps and spins as he slices the monster in two that when the monster actually splits apart that the slice thru the monster doesn't not match the path of the sword. Any word on if this is a bug or if this will be addressed?

So I've poured countless hours watch videos and reading articles in anticipation of this game. I can't wait to dive into this massive world and enjoy every aspect the creators of thIs game have put before us. I have noticed however a lot of times when a monster is killed with a sword where the player jumps and spins as he slices the monster in two that when the monster actually splits apart that the slice thru the monster doesn't not match the path of the sword. Any word on if this is a bug or if this will be addressed?

I doubt its bug. It is likely one of those concessions for having some of the finishers done seamlessly instead of in canned animations.

I miss the amount of blood that comes out from bodies split in half in the e3 gameplay build and 35 minute. Now there isn't as much :(. And it looks less liquidy

Meep. Do you think that this blood issue is a bug?

Ah, thank you very much Mr. Dragon..bird. :)

Sorry for discussing it in the wrong thread! Will divert my pathetic complaints to the proper thread.

Top Bottom