Combat not working correctly.

+
So I have started a new NG+ yesterday, but something is different. The controls during fighting are delayed not by a small margin neither, it has caused my death more than a handful of times. I have tried uninstallng and reinstalling the game, I have tried it with three different normal xbox one controllers. Please has anybody got any idea what is happening. I have 700 hours played in this game, trust me there is someting wrong about how the game is working, but I am out of ideas. Please help me?

Okay so some times i will press attack and it will not, other times I will parry Geralt goes through the shoulder animation but I still take damage. And yes the game sometimes takes nearly a second to react. Fyi I am on the xbox one s, I have the game on disc installed on an external ssd, do you know if this makes a difference? The last time I played this game it was installed internally. Thanks for replying.

And with other games there‘s no lag?

I doubt it‘s the SSD (although stranger things have happened on console).

Maybe there‘s an firmware update pending? Or it might have something to do with your TV. Did you change anything else regarding your TV since the last playthrough? Some TVs have a game mode setting, which should reduce the lag if turned on.

No not with other games, puzzling right I am going to go through the motions today. I am planing to uninstall delete the save files on the console not the cloud, power cycle the xbox and reinstall the game back on the ssd. If the problem persist, I'll repeat the process and install it internally. If the problem persist further I will uninstall again as well as deleting all my saves from the console and the cloud. I doubt that it is firmware there has been no update to the game, no changes whatsoever. The same xbox one s, the same ssd. The same tv. Wait would it matter what numbers are on the save file? You know the ones that give the version that the save is on in the yellow box in the right hand part of the picture?

Last edited:
I don‘t think it has anything to do with the save game.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the game internally is probably the best thing you can do at this point. If nothing else has changed it probably must be the ssd for whatever strange reason...

I am just going to plan for the worst case scenario in the hopes it is just the ssd. Hmm good bye lovely load times I will miss you. Ill let you know how it goes.

Okay so I reinstalled it and checked it out everything seems fine so I thought it was the ssd. No. I forgot to change the default install location. I dont understand what is going on. It can't be the xbox one s over heating because it has been happening from the start of this playthrough, yet now after 8 fights nothing? Admittedly it does not happen all the time yet it is the majority of the time and only against humans never monsters. Ill continue the play through for now and I will update this post if it starts happening again. Thanks again.

I would begin a new game (Geralt Level 1 -- not NG+) to specifically test if that creates the same issue. If so, you can be certain it's either the installation itself, or some form of hardware issue. If the issue does not affect a new game, then I'd imagine the source is some sort of corruption within the actual save-state of the game.

It hasnt gone away it started doing it again, and I have tried all five of my saves it has appeared in all of them, even the oldest one from 2017.

Okay after a long time playing the game on the Xbox One S and X I have come to the conclusion that is it performance based. Which is frustrating tbh the game wasnt this bad a year ago but hey what can you do.

Top Bottom