Combat system

+
Vampire Bloodlines? Anyone other than Mick and I play this? I liked how they did combat for ranged - melee was clumsy, though. Go with Witcher melee for that.. They did a crossover of stat and human based skills for the value sets, too.

I also like how they did Disciplines ( powers) and skills in conversations.

Check this game out if you get a chance.

I, too, will -require- a grapplefist option and animation. And for my other three arms. And, possibly my cyberlegs. And...cyber other things. GRAPPLES AWAY!

Character skill in guns should control CEP. More skill = tighter shot groups, until hard limit of gun inherent accuracy reached.

There. Character skill and player skill in same game. You're welcome.

What is the point of deep customization if you cant see your character new clothing or gear.

Watch dogs or mass effect combat, character animation look very good. CP2077 should have similar camera view.

Attachments

• watch-dogs-2.jpg
    watch-dogs-2.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 52
What is the point of deep customization if you cant see your character new clothing or gear.

Watch dogs or mass effect combat, character animation look very good. CP2077 should have similar camera view.

Pretty much that. Also, it should look like a shooter and depend on your reactions to some extend, but the damage and overall accuracy must depend on the statistics. Something like Alpha Protocol maybe, just made a little bit better. A lot better actually. As for the melee combat, I wouldn't mind them copying it from The Witcher 2.

Pretty much that. Also, it should look like a shooter and depend on your reactions to some extend, but the damage and overall accuracy must depend on the statistics. Something like Alpha Protocol maybe, just made a little bit better. A lot better actually. As for the melee combat, I wouldn't mind them copying it from The Witcher 2.

Yes you might be right, augmentations or exoskeleton armors or sets could give you some additional small stat boost in aiming or running.

Sken

Forum veteran
Not sure if this has been mentioned in any thread yet, but I would like to see implants/augs enhance abilities such as takedowns similar to Deus EX HR. Really enjoyed some of the benefits to combat this provided.

Maybe an upgrade like increased perception, where time slows against multiple opponents for a short period, allowing you to move quickly and cause damage.

And how can you not want a speed burst of some sort, similar to 'Blink' or short teleport from Dishonored.

Probably a system like Neocron (with actual technologies) could be great : choice of 1st or 3rd view, and of course the fact you aim yourself like a fps, in melee as in range shooting. Of course to not only be based on the player's ability with a mouse and keyboard, the different stats and weapons will make an important difference (aiming and moving speed, accuracy, reloading speed, or even the possibility to reach a lot much stronger enemy than you, etc...)

I can't imagine play a cyberpunk game with a tab-to-lock and click 1-2-1-1 to fight.... Need some adrenaline! Actually it's why the Neocron system was pretty good in the idea (even if it was full of bugs)

You know some of us are absolute shit when it comes to shooting in videogames, and having that 6 in smg and still not hitting the broad side of a barn is sad panda.

I would LOVE it if the developers played an older game called Severance (aka Blade of darkness) for the melee combat. Hands down to this day still the best melee combat system in a game.

Sadly with games like Batman AA/AC (don't get me wrong, fun and good games) but the melee combat is just so mind numbingly boring, it boils down to counter counter counter over and over and over, there's no real depth or strategy to it. The animations look nice yes but it doesn't really have a lot of player skill involved.

Dark Souls is nice and a step up, but still not as good as Severance imo.

I hope the game itself at least leans toward a more player skill/action combat system. From reading about Cyberpunk (the tabletop game) the combat is meant to be realistic and everything within that setting.

Gun wise I really hope the gunplay has a good feeling to it. The enemy AI, reactions to being shot, power of the guns, etc. This can drastically affect how a game feels. I mean look at a game like Max PAyne 3, all the little details and animations they did, then compare it to a game like say call of duty.

Even older games did "gunplay" better, such as Soldier of Fortune and Goldeneye, where enemies react to being hit and the damage model reflected it better, etc.

Maybe it could be interesting for people bad at shooting to think other way of fighting : melee is pretty efficient and need to run well after your target, ranged combat is also snipers, drone remote control, some people can have more heal or craft abilities... If you dislike to shoot because "you're not good", try something else, or train shooting a bit more! Depending on the shooting system some implants/items it could couterbalnce that ( for example an assisting cpu implant in brain helping you to shoot, but you loose a bit of damages, etc...)

The implant system seems indispensable for combat abilities , craft, enhance vehicles driving, etc...

Indeed something like that or better than that i am hoping for as well and for the combat, if is really be like i am a cyber dude, i want to make use of my mechanic arms or what ever hidden weapon i have in my body. And it will be on third person so I have no worries there.

What I would like to see from the combat, in general and mechanics aside, is a modest pace. Where situations require tactics and consideration, are lethal and intensive, but also calm in pace, and let's me observe, evaluate and plan, and doesn't require me to focus on a single spot on the screen while frantically clicking my mouse and beating my keyboard to get all the required acrobatics and finesse right.

Top Bottom