Combat system

+
Combat system

I've looked around and I don't think information on the combat system has been released yet, so what sort of system is everyone hoping for? Personally, I'd love a shooter/action in either first or third person. Maybe something like Mass Effect or Human Revolutions but with better melee combat.

Third person view.

Melee combat with complexity of Dark Souls/Witcher 2 and fluidity and overall slickness of Batman games

Range combat - the last decent third person shooter I played was unfortunately Gears of War, so I can't say what's cool recently

Anything but action/shooter for me, thank you. The whole gaming market is bloated with those already.

If it aims to be an RPG, it should have combat system suitable for one - where results come more form the characters aptitude than the player dexterity with mouse&keyboard/controller.

I am slightly worried about combat that will actually include guns as this will be their first game that will include that kind of weaponry,but I really hope that CD Project Red will master and finely tune this game mechanic.

Melee and firearms could be darn near identical to Sleeping Dogs and I wouldn't complain a bit.

As long as it isn't turn based...

Something like the VATS system for Fallout New Vegas, to make better use of Cybernetic augmentation also wouldn't be out of line...

I, on the other hand, would laud them quite highly if the had the balls to, against all the odds, make it turnbased.

And I wouldn't buy the game. Anyway, we can be 99% sure it won't be turn based.

I agree with others who cite Arkham City, TW2 and Sleeping Dogs. I'm just wondering how they'll implement melee and guns in the game. In SD you fought melee when people conveniently didn't have guns. In AC you did, but the system breaks reality as Batman can leap 50 feet in the blink of an eye to take the gun wielder out. So to retain the realism and lethality of CP 2077, I'm not sure how they 'll do both melee and gun combat at the same time.

And I wouldn't buy the game. Anyway, we can be 99% sure it won't be turn based.

I agree with others who cite Arkham City, TW2 and Sleeping Dogs. I'm just wondering how they'll implement melee and guns in the game. In SD you fought melee when people conveniently didn't have guns. In AC you did, but the system breaks reality as Batman can leap 50 feet in the blink of an eye to take the gun wielder out. So to retain the realism and lethality of CP 2077, I'm not sure how they 'll do both at the same time.

After some heavy augmentations I bet we will be able to do some nice leaping and grabbing too ;)

I just want a good character-heavy combat system rather than overwhelming controller acrobacy.
It probably doesn't have to be. Most action-oriented characters will use Kerenzikov or Sandevistan which effectively means slow motion. By dropping the speed of the action by 50% or so you could potentially give player enough time to take action based on the stats (displaying on the screen all the available data about the potential ways of solving the showdown). Not sure this would work that well and whether it would be accepted by the community but that's probably something worth prototyping.

I really want a grapplefist option for my cyberarm...

I'm down with that. :cool: Gadgets and upgrades might make the transition from melee to guns a seamless one. But I wonder how they'll use the camera during the switch. Most melee is high overhead camera, and gun combat is first or third person.

I'm down with that. :cool: Gadgets and upgrades might make the transition from melee to guns a seamless one. But I wonder how they'll use the camera during the switch. Most melee is high overhead camera, and gun combat is first or third person.

Well, melee in Dark Souls or Witcher is not that high overhead, so I guess that should be a good foundation.

Gun combat might need a more over-the-shoulder view, with the camera going further in when you aim the gun through a scope or iron sights (otherwise you just shoot from the hip).

So if they use a view similar to Witcher's for melee and something like Max Payne 3 for range combat I think the switch should be smooth enough.

I literally cannot hype the hand to hand fighting in sleeping dogs enough... it is the best implementation of hand to hand fighting I have ever seen in a game like that...

At this point i would like to have combat that don't distract me from story. Im ok with everything not fundamentally broken, i guess turn based tactical game would be nice as shooter would be nice. One thing that i would rather NOT see is combat from kotor(don't get me wrong i liked the game but that combat... and yes i know that it's d&d) i dunno why but i hated it even more than witcher 1 combat (that i actually finished 2 times, once with fcr and once with full igni spam). Im guessing that they are going more action way, please don't make dice-roll check in game with manual aiming. Anyway i would like to see as much noncombat options as possible (without single shoot being fired would be dream rpg).

It will be (so 2 speak) nice to use something more interesting than it was in The Witcher 2 about STELS system... Something like a Deus Ex HR... realy...

Just one thing to the fine ladies and gentlemen at CDPR. If you're going to have a cover system in the game, please, for the love of any applicable deity, make it like Far Cry 3 - contextual. Do not try to hold people by the hand by giving them a "press C to enter/exit cover" and under any circumstances do not introduce sticky cover, the bane of any third person game that has it.

Remember ME3 co-op. Remember that atrocity against all living things well.

Just one thing to the fine ladies and gentlemen at CDPR. If you're going to have a cover system in the game, please, for the love of any applicable deity, make it like Far Cry 3 - contextual. Do not try to hold people by the hand by giving them a "press C to enter/exit cover" and under any circumstances do not introduce sticky cover, the bane of any third person game that has it.

Remember ME3 co-op. Remember that atrocity against all living things well.

Yes! ME3 sticky cover is complete shit. I HATE sticky cover, such a lazy solution.

i think deus ex: hr did it really good so cdpr can just take some inspirations from that game
i actually like cover, be it contextual or sticky
the guns should sound right, that's important

also, for the love of god, no dice based shooting

Top Bottom