Combat system

+
Your last line really agitates me. It really sounds like you're spitting on what I am saying so let me counter argue;
What's so adult wtih having a health bar over your enemies?
What's so adult with having a skill system that forces you to temporary pause a moment to decide what skill to use and where to use it?
What's so adult with having an auto-attack?
Is this another MMORPG thread?
Mass Effect and Gears had solid combat with easy execution. You didn't have to use any powers and go for happy trigger jar head class that had ability to use all the weapons from the start (ME2 I believe)
If game give you choices and dont force you to choose any particular play style then it's OK. Go running in the open shooting trigger happy on easy mode if you please.. Only Dark Souls have that pleasure of defeating group of diffucult enemies or boss.. thanks to complex and difficult combat.

Btw HL2 is a 10 year old game with majority of monsters rushing you with simple task of dealing any damage. I see you like that kind of games and you would like this to have it as well. But there are people who dont and I am one of them...

Abilities like Cover system and playable native 3rd person combat.. that's what i am asking. nothing else.

CDPR has made it clear CP2077 is mature and not for everyone, but I believe they were speaking of story subject matter, not game mechanics.
I understand, as longest there is a good adult style story you dont care much.

Is this another MMORPG thread?

No, this is a thread discussing what kind of combat system we would like to see.

Mass Effect and Gears had solid combat with easy execution. You didn't have to use any powers and go for happy trigger jar head class that had ability to use all the weapons from the start (ME2 I believe)
If game give you choices and dont force you to choose any particular play style then it's OK. Go running in the open shooting trigger happy on easy mode if you please.. Only Dark Souls have that pleasure of defeating group of diffucult enemies or boss.. thanks to complex and difficult combat.

I'm at a loss for words.

Btw HL2 is a 10 year old game with majority of monsters rushing you with simple task of dealing any damage. I see you like that kind of games and you would like this to have it as well. But there are people who dont and I am one of them...

Apperently you have no idea at all what kind of games I like.

Abilities like Cover system and playable native 3rd person combat.. that's what i am asking. nothing else.

And I don't want to play another third-person cover 'n shot game where every encounter is just you, a massive amount of hiding enemies who do the exact same as you do and takes at least five to ten minutes to resolve. What says that your opinion of how the game should be is more important than mine? It's up to the developers in the end so I won't even bother with you anymore.

Tempers. Civility. Courtesy. It's going to be a long walk until the game actually gets here - let's at least pretend to be polite and civilized to each other in the mean time. Like adults.

humm, nice, I didn't know about this Perfect Dark, and also SWAT 4 that guy mentioned, guess I knows less about combat system in games that I wanted hehe, so, I really would like to see some thing like that, and about difficulty issue, I am thinking about it now and a quickly solution for that would be bionic implants, for exemple, in the beginning of the game you would be a regular guy without much of cool devises in your body, so you would be killed by 2-3 shots as well, and later on you could choise to buy bionic parts that would increase you resistence to injuries, or drastically increase your regenerate ability, or other upgrades and skills, stealth stuffs and so you would be able to handle some amount of enemies and stuff...

I really want some new and deeper combat mechanics, somehow I think this is very important for this game, besides those games mantioned I think Metal Gear Rising and WarFrame (checkout the combat of this game, it's crazy hehe) would be some great references for inovative and smooth combat system, I don't know though if a freaking fast and dinamic combat system could spoil the game, and take away the "RPG" focus, it's a pretty complex subject in my opinion, for a game like this...

I wouldn't want a combat-based game though. I'd like a game where running may sometimes be the better option, where sometimes the most profitable course of action is to be unseen, unheard, whether through stealth or creating distractions to otherwise occupy the target. Or even to just count your cards and know when to fold.

I wouldn't want it to become a shoot'em-up slugfest. If that condition is met then I can work with any which combat style.

I'd like it to be merciless, gritty, depressing. Very 1984, where you're not the chosen one, or the God in your own ego-bloated story.

I wouldn't want a combat-based game though. I'd like a game where running may sometimes be the better option, where sometimes the most profitable course of action is to be unseen, unheard, whether through stealth or creating distractions to otherwise occupy the target. Or even to just count your cards and know when to fold.

I wouldn't want it to become a shoot'em-up slugfest. If that condition is met then I can work with any which combat style.

I'd like it to be merciless, gritty, depressing. Very 1984, where you're not the chosen one, or the God in your own ego-bloated story.

I very very much like this post... don't get me wrong, I love me a shoot em up slugfest, and I want that option to always be present in the game... but the game itself shouldn't revolve around it.

What about something like MGS4 combat system and ability to customize your own weapon and choice of being stealthy or just being a mindless killer.

[video=youtube;pVQbN_5-gLg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVQbN_5-gLg[/video]

I have to say..one of the defining characteristics of our Cpunk games is that you only fight if you can't run away. Because you can never tell who is going to get that lucky headshot, ( roll 10!) and put your precious character away forever.

Exactly, one of the things I love about Cyberpunk is that combat isn't the go to solution. I really hope CDPR can capture that atmosphere and that feeling that if you find yourself in a gunfight your immediate reaction is less, "Yeah! Come get some!" and more "Shit! Shit! Shit!" and a couple ways to do that through combat would be crippling limbs with injury and maintaining the damage system such that 2 shots to the chest or one to the head have a fair chance of killing you. It's not that I don't want to be able to fight, I don't want the game to force me to find ways around combat, but if I'm in combat it should be tense, it should be dangerous.

And you should be able to SHOOT THROUGH COVER. Bullets aren't wonder-penetrators, but neither is cover invulnerable. I've seen .303 go through a quarter-inch of steel at 100 yards....guess what that car door is doing for you?

And please don't use the stupid auto-cover mechanic and then sprinkle waist high walls everywhere. Ugh. Ugh. Is a crouch button REALLY too demanding?

And you should be able to SHOOT THROUGH COVER. Bullets aren't wonder-penetrators, but neither is cover invulnerable. I've seen .303 go through a quarter-inch of steel at 100 yards....guess what that car door is doing for you?
...I would be WELL pleased if they introduced a realistic bullet penetration mechanic.

Taking cover behind the engine block, or in a pinch, behind one of the brake assemblies, probably have a pretty good chance of surviving.

Standing behind thin sheet metal when a swarm of 7.62 NATO is coming your way? Not so much.

If I'm in a slum in the Zone, and I'm about to breech an apartment, and I can see the Boosterganger standing to the side of the door on my thermo, I should be able to shoot him through the cheap drywall.

A hard combat system of course. you will control all of your melee movements, like dodge, counter attack, combat roll and so on. It's very cool if we can choose our fighting style, is it street fighting or martial arts. You can choose your own gameplay like anything you want, you want a brutal combat or acrobatic or stealth killing, all by your choices. I also like killing people with knife in Farcry 3, you might wanna add those stealth knife killing capabilities.

For a ranged combat system i kinda like the system like in Farcry 3, it's flexible, you can run and slide through cover, using a zipline and else. but i would like to add combat roll.

For camera view, i want a first person and third person shooting, like Skyrim

I for one really, REALLY, hope it's not a First-Person-Shooter game.

I want my characters skills to matter not my (lack of) reaction time.

I for one really, REALLY, hope it's not a First-Person-Shooter game.

I want my characters skills to matter not my (lack of) reaction time.

I am in same boat. I do not know about you but I personally hope that for first time in long time we would get good, turn based combat system in vain of Jagged Alliance 2 and Temple of Elemental Evil. I cannot see how you could accurately portray skills and how they matter in action enviroment because you have to make too many compromises. For example, with guns you cannot have firearms skill mean that you are less accurate because then in the beginning of the game you wouldnt hit a shit, which wouldnt be that much fun. On case of melee weapons, simulating real combat is quite impossible because you cannot realistically portray every kinds of kicks, punches, swings, slashes etc with controller and have to compromise there. Turn based system is of course a compromise of sorts but at least it lets you imagine the reasons why you miss and what happens, not make combat feel like youre jus trading punches or few pot shots from behind cover, which frankly bores me to fucking death.

If it has to be action though, then I rather see it done in way of Dark Souls than Skyrim or somesuch.

A hard combat system of course. you will control all of your melee movements, like dodge, counter attack, combat roll and so on. It's very cool if we can choose our fighting style, is it street fighting or martial arts.

I'd love to specialize in one of four combat arts: Sambo, Karate, Boxing, Muy Thai. Each could have their own talent tree. As we level up we expand our move set and take down abilities, etc,

Ooh! Oooh! Yes, this. Only, all four of your arts are Hard, Slim. I'd swap Karate with Aikido or Jujitsu and Boxing wiiith....hmm. Tai Chi, just to be different? Or maybe Wrestling, so you can get soe ground and pound in there.

Could go with Krav Maga...but it's so fashionable right now, thanks to Batman. And Sambo has shovels! And is a hybrid art, too.

Maybe swap wrestling with Krav Maga?

And please don't use the stupid auto-cover mechanic and then sprinkle waist high walls everywhere. Ugh. Ugh. Is a crouch button REALLY too demanding?

Ditto.

I tried to pick the more applicable arts based on what is actually used in MMA. I'm all for a stand up clinching/grappling game, which would include throws, but I can't imagine the type of control scheme necessary to depict true ground-based grappling.

Top Bottom