Combat system

+
I don't like first person as it spoils the game for me. I only play third person games.

I tried Skyrim and third person view was rubbish in the game so only played for a few hours same as the fallout games. That is not what i call third person view.

If this is a first person view game then i will probably buy the game and play it for a few hours before i give up and go find another game.

Same here. I played a lot of fps games, especially arenas or cyberpunk shooters in general and the only visual feedback of the body movements is the gun i' m holding while playing. Third person perspective is on a whole new level of physical presence into the game as i can see my character and allows for a much higher mobility compared to first person perspective.

Would a cover systek be ok or with the augmentations u guys think its not nessecary

I think it's a necessity. FNF was brutal as Sard and Wisdom have said before. A case of BANG, BANG!, you're dead, reroll a new character. I hope they can bring that sense of paranoia to the combat where every decision you make from gear carried to where you actually throw down influences whether you walk away with a bag full of parts to sell to the local body bank or whether your opponent walks away with a bag full of organs to sell to the local body bank.

A good cover system: your character takes cover behind a nearby wall/pillar/barrel automatically, without having to glue them to it. Examples of this would be Tomb Raider 2013, Far Cry 3 or CryEngine 3 based games.
A bad cover system: you press a button and thus glue your character to a chest high wall. Examples of this would be the Gears of War franchise and the Mass Effect series (before I get flamed: they aren't bad games, I just hate that they do that).

FNF, you were treading difficulty there. As other people have said before, that should be changeable. Lower difficulty modes keep frustration away and give players who are bad at the game the ability to enjoy it regardless.

Another 2 things that people think always comes together with the cover system: regenerating health and chest high walls. Chest high walls shouldn't even be there in the first place, since such things are a rare occurence in the real world (the enemies should also be able to nearly effortlessly tear through thin cover like cheap non-brick construction materials or tables tipped on the side - an AK can do that in the real world, so why can I only do it with a RPG in games?). Regenerating health is a bad thing as implemented in most of today's shooters: low player health, high regeneration. It makes you look at the back of a wall far too often. Instead, having slowly regenerating health, a health bar (seriously, are those so hard to do of late?) and a lot of initial health fixes this problem. In addition to that, doing something along the lines of the crippling system from Fallout 3 would add the much-needed part of realism to this idea. There should also be a way to fix your limbs on the fly, bandaging them and the likes (not under enemy fire of course, but you get the point).

Oh, I dunno. Cover should and will be present, but as for difficulty, well. Even Easy should be fatal in a gunfight and fast. It's still Cyberpunk.

Dark Souls has made it pretty clear tough games, tough but fair, sell well. So although I'm not advocating only one diff. systems, (because I did before and you guys yelled at me and it hurt my heart), I am still advocating only 2 or so. Weak and Cyberpunk. And on Weak, you can get shot two or three times without armour. On Cyberpunk, yeah no.

Also an Ironman mode, because in the PnP it was only Ironman. Ironman mode should see the number of enemies halved, though. Video games love to give you STUPID odds and then let you respawn/save-scum/regenerate your way through them. Bleah.

Sioclya that last bit you mentioned, being able to switch badly damaged limbs on the fly, made me think of Far Cry 3. Now I think in terms of switching your body parts instead why not keep the health idea with slow regeneration, but say near death your character can start doing those small self heals by well digging out a bullet in a critical hit area (base of spine, in a joint) or instead of health you could have an energy meter come into play. Even having a sort of wall jack to juice your character if he/she is near a plug in or has battery packs. (Deus Ex thought) I personally didn't mind Rainbow Six Vegas cover system, you were glued in a way though but the the left trigger was what you held to stay in cover. Again like you all I'm Just spit balling.

Sioclya that last bit you mentioned, being able to switch badly damaged limbs on the fly, made me think of Far Cry 3. Now I think in terms of switching your body parts instead why not keep the health idea with slow regeneration, but say near death your character can start doing those small self heals by well digging out a bullet in a critical hit area (base of spine, in a joint) or instead of health you could have an energy meter come into play. Even having a sort of wall jack to juice your character if he/she is near a plug in or has battery packs. (Deus Ex thought) I personally didn't mind Rainbow Six Vegas cover system, you were glued in a way though but the the left trigger was what you held to stay in cover. Again like you all I'm Just spit balling.
That's an interesting idea, but it's not what I meant. I meant that you could bandage wounded limbs and also stabilize them if they aren't completely crippled (or just broken bones).

Well, Sardukhar. Difficulty should actually be executed different to most games. Instead of more enemies against the player, they're tougher and more intelligent, while better equipped. At the highest difficulty, CP2077 should be pretty hard though. With enemies that have better equipment, such that it is crucial to gather intelligence and position yourself before the engaging.
Here's what I propose:
Very easy - run & gun, player rarely dies, many enemies that are badly equipped and utterly retarded (kind of like Bioshock Infinite). This wouldn't really capture the spirit of cyberpunk, but why would anybody who isn't terrible at games play on this difficulty anyway?
Easy - no big need to think about tactics, not as many enemies as in very easy mode, but better equipped and more intelligent.
Normal - Challenging, but fair and with the need to learn something about your enemies and your environment before engaging them. Same amount of enemies as in easy, but a lot more intelligent.
Challenging - Normal mode, but with very very intelligent AI. Ideally, self-learning.
Hard - normal, same AI, same enemies, they've got better equipment than you.
CP2020 - brutal. very intelligent AI, very well equipped, every single mistake can cost you your life.
So everyone would be catered to. Those who just want to play the game through for the story but are generally terrible at playing the game, but also the people who want a really hard mode. Me, I would be playing on "Challenging" because I like to achieve superiority through intelligence gathering, but am generally not good enough for playing on a real "hard" mode (like DmC4 on the hardest difficulty), but I can cope with intelligent AI.

You see, the less difficulty levels you have, the more frustration is allowed to build up. There will be a lot of different people playing the game and having them turned off because the game seems plain unfair to them doesn't seem like the way to go. Just having the choice between the equivalents of RAGE on easy and DmC on "Dante must die" isn't really going to cut it, I think.

Oh, again I think Dark Souls proved there is a real market for difficult games. Witcher 2 did get some flack for the first bit being quite tough, enough that they later issued a patch, but it still wasn't a walkthrough on normal

Part of our issue is as ever our fantasy about CDPR resources. The multiple choices you suggest do consume time and efforts perhaps better spent in making the game better for the majority of people that play on Normal and above. Perhaps not.

I have an issue with making the bad guys better equipped. That's reasonable only if they really -are- better equipped. CP2020 has solid background on gear options for factions. Blood Razors and Maelostrom have good - and very illegal- cyber. Trekkies do not. Arasaka loads troops with a standardized loadout, as does Militech and EBM. Zetatech barely has troops. Etc.

Smarter AI should always be present, because that impresses people and is more fun. Even if you weaken bullet damage or allow regen on NOrmal or Easy, smart AI will still make people smile and laugh and feel like they earned their win.

Oh, again I think Dark Souls proved there is a real market for difficult games. Witcher 2 did get some flack for the first bit being quite tough, enough that they later issued a patch, but it still wasn't a walkthrough on normal

Part of our issue is as ever our fantasy about CDPR resources. The multiple choices you suggest do consume time and efforts perhaps better spent in making the game better for the majority of people that play on Normal and above. Perhaps not.

I have an issue with making the bad guys better equipped. That's reasonable only if they really -are- better equipped. CP2020 has solid background on gear options for factions. Blood Razors and Maelostrom have good - and very illegal- cyber. Trekkies do not. Arasaka loads troops with a standardized loadout, as does Militech and EBM. Zetatech barely has troops. Etc.

Smarter AI should always be present, because that impresses people and is more fun. Even if you weaken bullet damage or allow regen on NOrmal or Easy, smart AI will still make people smile and laugh and feel like they earned their win.

I agree with all this...

Drives me nuts, because you are so bloody incostant... some posts you are right and awesome in that you feel just like I do... other posts you are wrong and stupid, because you disagree with me... Bastard... Even though you are my friend, you will also be first up against the wall when the revolution comes...

I know, right! Imagine how my wife feels! Prettty sure she will be loading for you. "No, really, hollow point would end it too fast. Trust me. We'll use rubber bullets. Lots and lots of rubber bullets.."

After reading this topic I came up with an idea.

I would like to see a combat where we could turn slow motion mode on (but its not 100x slower, just 2-3x - maybe this multiplier would depend on our augmentations).
I believe aiming still would be difficult, maybe we could aim in specific part of body/augmentation and for specific body part we have xx %, almost like in PnP.

If we click mouse to shoot too fast, there would be a queue for next actions, shooting during movement would affect on our accuraccy etc.

After reading this topic I came up with an idea.

I would like to see a combat where we could turn slow motion mode on (but its not 100x slower, just 2-3x - maybe this multiplier would depend on our augmentations).
I believe aiming still would be difficult, maybe we could aim in specific part of body/augmentation and for specific body part we have xx %, almost like in PnP.

If we click mouse to shoot too fast, there would be a queue for next actions, shooting during movement would affect on our accuraccy etc.

I think slowing time or bullet time is too overused, don't you think? I mean, who needs another F.e.a.r. game.

I think slowing time or bullet time is too overused, don't you think? I mean, who needs another F.e.a.r. game.

I second that. All the stuff like cover system, slow motion, ironsights, overshoulder view and health regen is meant to make shooters more playable with pads/controllers. Don't know if someone remembers the old GITS third person shooter...

Slowmo is cool nevertheless.

I'm more impressed how he read the topic but missed the references to augmentation-controlled game speed on the first page. Among other places.

Bullet-time is probably the best way to represent jacked-up reflexes, yes. F.E.A.R. is on way of doing it, but I prefer the more full-fledged, lengthier approach of Bloodlines.

I have question that is somewhat related to combat, would it be ok to pick up enemy weapons not just ammo? or would be too much to pick up enemy weapons ?

I have question that is somewhat related to combat, would it be ok to pick up enemy weapons not just ammo? or would be too much to pick up enemy weapons ?
It's intended as an RPG. You should be able to take your enemies' underpants.

sweet as long as we can keep them awesome!!!! Im all about finders keepers specially if the enemy can use it anymore>

Top Bottom