Combat Thread - General

+
Vomit inducing gun. Nothing funnier than having your victim spraying their own clothes. Only funnier if it's a diarrhea inducing gun.

I can confirm that TT are indeed pros. There was nothing worse than finally taking down a target only to have the ref have TT show up and lift out our prize while wounding or nearly killing our entire party in CP2020.

Vomit inducing gun. Nothing funnier than having your victim spraying their own clothes. Only funnier if it's a diarrhea inducing gun.
Gives the claim of offering immersing gameplay a whole new dimension...

Last edited:
Can a chemical gun be some kind magnetically assisted? Let's ask an expert: SUHIIRA!!!
I'm not a gunsmith or engineer, but I suppose you could combine propulsion methods. No clue why anyone would want to tho.

One of the problems railguns have is you generally need to have the projectile moving before you apply energy to the rails or else it just welds itself to the rails. So using gunpowder to provide this initial acceleration would be perfectly viable, BUT, it's just an initial acceleration insufficient to do much more then get the projectile much further then the end of the barrel.

Did any of you ever have those disc throwing guns as a kid? I had two, one Star Trek gun and one Space: 1999 pistol.

Anyway, how about a gun that uses discs as the bullet.

Did any of you ever have those disc throwing guns as a kid? I had two, one Star Trek gun and one Space: 1999 pistol.

Anyway, how about a gun that uses discs as the bullet.
As a kid? I've got one now:
nerf_vortex_praxis_blaster-4e6e82a-intro.jpg

Ricocheting discs around corners is a lot of fun.

I feel AI has been one of the most stagnant elements of games over the past decade or so. And especially in FPS/action games. You see the typical AI behaviour of them running for cover, popping out, firing, maybe throw a nade. But you barely ever see stuff like NPCs aggressively flanking you (as in putting down cover fire and sptrinting for cover near your flanks), it's always this slow-ass predictable flank maneuver at most.
i see it in games from time to time but even now i've mostly only seen it in Far Cry 1 and Crysis 1.

I went through the trailer frame by frame and found quite a few neat looking lead pushers:

First we have what I'm predicting to be the most OP gun in the game, the Toy VR Gun!

A simple looking pistol which belongs to who I assume is Jackie:

The Holstered Revolver owned by the Cowboy in the bar:

Some of the pistols from the trailer:

Double Barrel Shotgun held by the Hillbilly:

The Militech Rifle:

I don't know what kind of gun this is, but it seems to be a shotgun based on the punch it packed:

The Stash in the Cab:

A Trauma team gun which I assume is some kind of SMG:

An AK-47/MP5 looking rifle held by Lizzy Wizzy's body guards:

No idea what kind of gun this is, but held by the guy watching those people play basketball:

Finally the massive Militech machine gun:

The same Machine gun seems to used as a mounted turret as well:

What I'm hoping for though is that the weapons actually feel like they pack a punch, too many guns in FPS games nowadays feel so weak.
Looking closely, the guns held by the hick/redneck and the person in the news stand, or where ever it is are the same gun.
The SMG held by the TT operative is also held by one of the guys in the taxi.

I’m quite good at visual recognition. :)

Its not outlandish or anything, but it seems pretty fitting for the setting: suicide drones.

Small simple drones packed to the gills with high density explosives. A techie could have these in a few different styles, one ground based one that you could be more stealthy with until you get to the target, a flying one which is essentially a DIY guided rocket, etc

They give a lot of opportunities for modding/customization between explosives types & delivery modes, and provides more offensive capability to techies.

Yes. Colour is different on the fore grip is different in the TT image but the layout is the same. I expect the colour is part of ‘uniform’ or branding.

Yes. Colour is different on the fore grip is different in the TT image but the layout is the same. I expect the colour is part of ‘uniform’ or branding.
CPP2077_SMG.jpg [click for high-res]
Minor differences in decals and colours, also the one from cab seems to have bolt of sorts.
To sum up:
  1. clearly chemical burner.
  2. no way to feed from magazine to chamber (not enough space for cartridge to pass under, unless it is some kind of blow-forward thing)
  3. What's with all those switches
  4. Kriss Vector like swinging link bolt housing in front of actual breech area. Physics says no?
Most of the guns look believeable, if more on memey side (but that actually fits the settting). Militech MG is overbuild for what appears to be standard .308 - but make it in 20mm and it could work. This one on the other hand is one big "this is not how anything of this works"

Top Bottom