Combat Thread - General

+
I'm sure it will be.
But playable or not it's still an FPS/twitch based system rather then a character stat/skill based RPG system.

The point IS NOT that one system or the other is easier/harder, it's that CP2077 is supposedly an RPG, thus should have character driven combat mechanics available.

Mmmh if the game is good (story, universe, quest, maybe combat too we honestly dont know for the moment...) we gonna forget Everything and like we had with TW3 just enjoying the game.
Because yeah, Like CP2077, TW3 was supposeldy an RPG, an they gonna sell us their RPG vision and im personaly ok with that, if they can bring the genre to a new era it will be great. I have faith!

Ps: i’m still not agree with you about the « its easy to make an another combat system option, 6 guys and one month ».
From my side, i deal with these things everyday at work, there is always more related and that take always more time than planned, deadlines exploses, overtimes and sometime it just do not work... its just my personnal experience in this industry and my opinion. It can be different and you maybe right we will see.
I m always for more if they can bring this option into the game i’m in for sure! I will enjoy the game twice ;)

Last edited:
I'm really liking what I've seen of the firearms in CP 2077 so far.

What I'd like to see are cool "features" for some of the weapons.

For example, maybe certain weapons are modified to turn into proximity mines upon the user's death ala Perfect Dark.

Or self-destruction when a little red button is pushed, ala The Fifth Element.

weapons show in the blade runner in the avatar and star wars laser, fire, pulse and gravitational

You know another weapon I miss was this alien technology glove you could put on in Half Life and when you "Shot it" ...out popped tiny alien bugs that would go swarm the target..I used to really enjoy using that weapon to just harass the enemy. Shooting was too good for 'em!

I'm sure it will be.
But playable or not it's still an FPS/twitch based system rather then a character stat/skill based RPG system.

The point IS NOT that one system or the other is easier/harder, it's that CP2077 is supposedly an RPG, thus should have character driven combat mechanics available.
I'm sorry but FPS doesn't mean twitch gameplay. Deus Ex Human Revolution is not a twitch shooter. Borderlands is not a twitch shooter.
Unreal Tournament, Quake Arena, Counter Strike. Yeah those are. Go on youtube and search for "instagib". There you have twitch gameplay.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I'm under the impression some of you expected/hoped CP2077 to be like Pillars of Eternity or Divinity: Original Sin and I have no idea why someone would expect something like this after The Witcher 1-3.

Guest 4310777

I would like to see some old school weapons with high tech mods hacked into them, like even world war 2 or wild west era weapons. I love the idea of some really beat up old revolver with two centuries of history, with mods strapped and welded all over it, glowing and buzzing with stats, firing off high calibre projectiles.

Cant wait to see the high level Netrunner spam attack that overloads their brain chip. You send them 1 billion penis enlargement & Nigerian prince emails and flames shoot out their eyeballs & mouth. (i think it was shown in the trailer)

Guest 4310777

Cant wait to see the high level Netrunner spam attack that overloads their brain chip. You send them 1 billion penis enlargement & Nigerian prince emails and flames shoot out their eyeballs & mouth. (i think it was shown in the trailer)
Lol

I'm sorry but FPS doesn't mean twitch gameplay. Deus Ex Human Revolution is not a twitch shooter. Borderlands is not a twitch shooter.
While you're correct, in 90%+ of cases FPS gameplay is player reaction based.
While it can be, and is, done it's what's generally referred to a "bullet time" (i.e. slow motion) that's the exception not the rule.

But even in "bullet time" it relies on player skill, your character may as well not exist. This is why I refer to what you play in FPS games (and please don't confuse First Person Shooter with First Person Perspective, totally separate things) as "avatars", a stand-in/substitute for the player, not "characters".

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I'm under the impression some of you expected/hoped CP2077 to be like Pillars of Eternity or Divinity: Original Sin <clip>
Not even close.
Both examples you give are isometric games, and I've never expected, or expressed the slightest desire to see CP2077 be an isometric game.

Last edited:
Id also like experimental weapons that can backfire or become more powerful in a multitude of ways. Example:

Arc-Cannon: Fires a powerful lightning ray in a straight line, that arcs up to 1-3 times (at random) to nearby enemies.

1: 65% chance to not have a secondary effect
2: 15% chance per shot to also damage yourself for half the damage
3: 10% chance to deal double damage
4: 5% chance for you to be paralyzed for 2 seconds
5: 5% chance to deal triple damage

Not even close.
Both examples you give are isometric games, and I've never expected, or expressed the slightest desire to see CP2077 be an isometric game.
Despite the perspective I named this to games because of the stat based combat argument. It was an assumption on my part, so apologies.

Why not some antiques, perhaps make a sidequest out of gathering them for a collector? No way a Thompson or AK-47 would be effective in a futuristic world with armour implants, but they do look cool.

Top Bottom