Combat Thread - General

+
The Division is an example of a disease that ravages gaming industry, not a "Wonderful concept that didn't have the best execution". Even compared to other ubi titles.
But that's just my humble opinion :)

it is also a tool with which you can lose a good part of your fan community,... it is a multipurpose tool! ;)

With the ammount of bullshit companies and their policies that we have as of now, we have an incredible company like Projekt Red, who treats us as fans and humans, not just wallets, they give us what we ask and what we want...

Treasure what we have, because Cyberpunk 2077 is in the best hands it could ever be.

pitching design idea's for a game that has probably largely done all of this work.
How do you figure? Unless you're assuming the game is under a year away from release (even so, there's still plenty of room to design new elements), this doesn't make sense to me.

We've been debating the pros and cons of various feature ideas we've come up with for years, that's not going to change now. Especially not at this stage, when CDPR is finally talking and listening to us.

MQ didn't see sneaking because she actively shouted "COMBAT!" during the presentation.

:oops: I got carried away. That's why I can't have nice things :p

What's the problem with making video properly in hotel when you are fresh from presentation? I watched shorter videos literally from crowded E3 and they were much more in depth and detailed than yours.

True, but I'm afraid that you have no idea about my personal and technical circumstances during E3 (otherwise, you would read minds which I don't expect from people), I'm not a professional journalist, and I don't expect to technically compete with them, I'm just a glorified fangirl who CDPR gave the chance to see the demo, I guess, as a reward for my work and passion for the game.

:oops: I got carried away. That's why I can't have nice things :p
It's all good. I was just explaining why the stealth wasn't shown off.

Although, I'm not sure it would have mattered. From what I understand, the stealth is in a very early state right now and probably not super ready for prime time. I'm sure we'll see it eventually.

'm just a glorified fangirl who CDPR gave the chance to see the demo

Mechanics wise - RPG mechanics wise that is, skill effects on combat shootingm etc - did you see something that might've felt out of the ordinary. Yes or no will suffice if you have nothing to say.

True, but I'm afraid that you have no idea about my personal and technical circumstances during E3 (otherwise, you would read minds which I don't expect from people), I'm not a professional journalist, and I don't expect to technically compete with them, I'm just a glorified fangirl who CDPR gave the chance to see the demo, I guess, as a reward for my work and passion for the game.
Fangurl or not you got to see the game in action.
I'm sooooooooooo jealous. :mad::mad::mad:
And I to am VERY curious if there was even a hint that combat would be anything but standard "First Person Shooter".

How do you figure? Unless you're assuming the game is under a year away from release (even so, there's still plenty of room to design new elements), this doesn't make sense to me.

We've been debating the pros and cons of various feature ideas we've come up with for years, that's not going to change now. Especially not at this stage, when CDPR is finally talking and listening to us.

well given what we have been told is locked in more or less, pitching 3rd person MMO combat systems to them seem a but late in the day.

well given what we have been told is locked in more or less, pitching 3rd person MMO combat systems to them seem a but late in the day.

I would agree only...
I'm not sure what is and isn't locked in. Mostly because they are SUPER careful about who sees what.

So maybe there is more choice than we think? Maybe there is still much revising and they don't want to commit to gameplay that can change radically?

Or, maybe it's because there is much less to change and they don't want to have to explain why and how for the next 12 to 36 months when they can just show us a much more complete demo in a year or something?

Argh. So much of the questionses!

I would agree only...
I'm not sure what is and isn't locked in. Mostly because they are SUPER careful about who sees what.

So maybe there is more choice than we think?

Or, maybe it's because there is much less and they don't want to have to explain why and how for the next 12 to 36 months when they can just show us a much more complete demo?

Argh. So much of the questionses!

I only doubt it's that early since they have stated a preferance for not doing 18+ months of PR campains, so if they are telling us it's first person it's probably a largely built system that they are happy with bar the tweaks and polishing. Still all if, buts, and maybe's to be sure.

I don't recall doing that, but I haven't been following this entire thread so I may have missed that discussion.

I certainly wouldn't want MMO style combat systems, I think the most anybody is asking for is RPG combat systems.

I only doubt it's that early since they have stated a preferance for not doing 18+ months of PR campains, so if they are telling us it's first person it's probably a largely built system that they are happy with bar the tweaks and polishing. Still all if, buts, and maybe's to be sure.

Yeah I keep hoping this is the case buuuuuuut...

So far it's just like Witcher 3 and that was 2 years from press-only E3 demo to release.

I thought 2 years of hype was pretty tiring, but hey, W3 did sell like hotcakes. Maybe they don't wanna mess with a winning formula.

In any case, combat isn't my huge worry for Cpunk. I've always enjoyed CDPR combat systems, I'm sure I will this one as well.

Sure would LIKE a super cool Martial Arts system though...

Top Bottom