Combat Tweaks

+
It is without question that in our current state AI in this case Hostiles are going to be fixed, However I am curious if status effects inflicted upon the player may be re worked. ( stuns, poisons, bleed, slows, concussion, daemons) at the current moment in almost no circumstances at the highest difficulty have i been phased by them or felt threatened by them. Perhaps they can be increasingly more of a hazard the higher the game difficulty is set to. It adds great potential to refreshing the combat encounters and strategy needed to get passed the fight. The level design is phenomenal as is, by doing this it will make the players who want to be challenged have a greater appreciation for combat. P.S. Love this game keep it up CDPR

It is without question that in our current state AI in this case Hostiles are going to be fixed, However I am curious if status effects inflicted upon the player may be re worked. ( stuns, poisons, bleed, slows, concussion, daemons) at the current moment in almost no circumstances at the highest difficulty have i been phased by them or felt threatened by them. Perhaps they can be increasingly more of a hazard the higher the game difficulty is set to. It adds great potential to refreshing the combat encounters and strategy needed to get passed the fight. The level design is phenomenal as is, by doing this it will make the players who want to be challenged have a greater appreciation for combat. P.S. Love this game keep it up CDPR

What strategy? My cyberware makes me immune to bleeds/poison/shock, and body 20 makes you immune to stuns and knockdowns.

If you don't have those, what you introduce is basically gear swapping, except it's not great design because most encounters in the game are not single/particular mob encounters. They are swarms of mobs, some of them applying different effects all concurrently.

At best what you accomplish is forcing players to grind eddies for Panacea in their armor mod slots and make them lose armor from armadillo in the process.

The only thing keeping the difficulty of the game on check is lack of proper crit damage caps so that crit damage doesn't completely break the game (I am looking at you, Satori; 500% crit damage vs. the other weapons is ridiculous). Handguns, shotguns, and snipers are even more broken than melee and so is Contagion.

Other than that, only proper AI and damage/health scaling of mobs will make the game bearable.

But the moment they boost enemy damage and health, melee builds will need to be looked at because they really suffer when they can't take down enemies quickly.

Zhuo, smart shotgun if you don't mind not doing stealth. Run and gun jumping like a made man, not miss and have high hit power. It's the only smart weapon worth using due to how quick is dispatches with how little ammo is used.

Overture silenced from stealth, headshot = boom dead. Unlike the sniper options that are without the ability to silence ( not counting the unique version )

Quasar, same headshot dmg as Overture but through walls and full auto without the recoil trouble of ARs and SMGs.

Burya, higher headshot than Quasar but smaller clip and no FA.

----

With how many headshot dmg multipliers there are, any hit other than headshot = wasting ammo into bullet sponges. Revolvers are just crazy with headshot dmg, same base multiplier as snipers, but bigger clips and faster reloads = more kills in less time.

I totally agree with OP. Would love to see all effects we can do to enemies (weapon malfunction, reboot optics) being a threat to us. We are op but enemies are cannon folder. Even bosses don't have anything really scary in their sleeves.

Zhuo, smart shotgun if you don't mind not doing stealth. Run and gun jumping like a made man, not miss and have high hit power. It's the only smart weapon worth using due to how quick is dispatches with how little ammo is used.

Overture silenced from stealth, headshot = boom dead. Unlike the sniper options that are without the ability to silence ( not counting the unique version )

Quasar, same headshot dmg as Overture but through walls and full auto without the recoil trouble of ARs and SMGs.

Burya, higher headshot than Quasar but smaller clip and no FA.

----

With how many headshot dmg multipliers there are, any hit other than headshot = wasting ammo into bullet sponges. Revolvers are just crazy with headshot dmg, same base multiplier as snipers, but bigger clips and faster reloads = more kills in less time.

Skippy in Stone Cold Killer mode always go for the head so I would call him the best smart weapon there is. Works with all headshot dmg multiplies. I adore Skippy although he often calls me bad user <3

And why is the dismemberment so inconsistent? There are times when you for instance shoot a cop in the face and the head is still undamaged. I want the head to blow up when I shoot a cop in a game, any game, but specially this game because they are so stupid and waste my time every single time... This applies also to the other NPCs, no consistent dismemberment, no fun. Does CDPR think that they are writing Shakespeare? It's a generic looter-shooter [...]. Give me bloodbath.

Skippy in Stone Cold Killer mode always go for the head so I would call him the best smart weapon there is. Works with all headshot dmg multiplies. I adore Skippy although he often calls me bad user <3

Lie to him, tell him you are going to take him back to his owner. But then just never do it. That is what I did and he is happily aerating people's heads when ever I want him to. ;)

Top Bottom