Comment on crafting Legendary items

+
Does anyone else think this has been done backwards and ends up warping the gameplay? To get the Edgerunner Artisan perk you need Technical at level 18 which greatly limits how you can spend the rest of your attribute points meaning you cant even get the best performance out of the weapons you've crafted, you wont be able to have high scores in and perks for rifle/pistol/sword/shotgun. And simultaneous to this the perks to improve the quality of crafted weapons and armor is accessible at a much lower level - that really seems backwards, you can improve them before you can craft them! it would make much more sense I think if you could craft them at a lower attribute level and then if you want to make improved versions then you could focus on improving technical and getting additional perks to make better versions.

Don't know. I started my third playthrough and pumped all my points to tech. Got my tech L18 before reaching L20.
Now I am just chilling collecting blueprints and trying out all kinds of Legendaries.

necroing threads cause i can't post before 10.

I fully agree, and think it would be nice to be able to craft at least iconic weapons without edgerunner artisan (but without the bonus other crafting perks give).
As it is, I feel obliged to put 18 in tech systematically. I'm on my third build, I'd like to try something else, but even on the first one I felt like it was something imposed, contrary to the idea of creating your own build freely.

yeah sucks big times... i also stopped investing in tech after my 3rd char but its kinda stupid that just techis can upgrade their iconics to legendary... i dont care armor or normal weapons but iconics... shouldnt be locked behind an attribute... just make crafter npc for them - a tech nerd like judy who can upgrade them without wasted 18 points in tech... there is also a stashwall legendary crafting spec... while every other are rare/epic - 4/7 chars i have couldnt complete their wall just because of that iconic crafting spec <.<

Nope, it's a choice to do ;)
Either you invest in crafting (to craft legendary items) and lose the ability to improve other skills. Either no and you can upgrade elsewhere (knowing that a lot of weapons can be found in legendary and are just as powerful).
The only thing that is "badly done" to me is that some iconic weapons are only available in epic/legendary. It should be possible to start in rare for each of them :)

yeah sucks big times... i also stopped investing in tech after my 3rd char but its kinda stupid that just techis can upgrade their iconics to legendary... i dont care armor or normal weapons but iconics... shouldnt be locked behind an attribute... just make crafter npc for them - a tech nerd like judy who can upgrade them without wasted 18 points in tech... there is also a stashwall legendary crafting spec... while every other are rare/epic - 4/7 chars i have couldnt complete their wall just because of that iconic crafting spec <.<
I was thinking this might be a good feature to implement. Have tech shops around Night City that will assemble your crafting recipies without you needing to have the required tech skill. Make it so that not only do you need the cash but you also need the materials as well. This would allow people who don't spec into the skill to be able to assemble the legendary weapons you get from some of the NCPD scanner missions. To balance it out you could make the items that you get crafted for you to be slightly weaker maybe? Could do the same for upgrading weapons as well.
There are alot of cool guns that require you to craft first, it seems a waste not allow people who didn't happen to invest in the crafting skill to not enjoy them.

I was thinking this might be a good feature to implement. Have tech shops around Night City that will assemble your crafting recipies without you needing to have the required tech skill. Make it so that not only do you need the cash but you also need the materials as well. This would allow people who don't spec into the skill to be able to assemble the legendary weapons you get from some of the NCPD scanner missions. To balance it out you could make the items that you get crafted for you to be slightly weaker maybe? Could do the same for upgrading weapons as well.
There are alot of cool guns that require you to craft first, it seems a waste not allow people who didn't happen to invest in the crafting skill to not enjoy them.
I do not agree :)
Why would you want to invest in Tech (crafting) if someone else can do it for you ?
(It destroy all the crafting hability)
All iconics should be able to be crafted at least at rare level, that's all :)

That's fair for iconics but what about the Legendary Craftable weapons that you get from the NCPD scanner missions? Seems a waste in my opinion to lock them off to a attribute requirement. To balance it out they should make the weapons/armour you can get crafted for you be inferior to the ones you can craft yourself. That way you will have an incentive you invest in crafting as you will be crafting a superior version.
Maybe the ones you craft yourself can be given exclusive abilites maybe? For example the Sovereign shotgun you can craft will only have the ability to cause extra bleed damage if you craft it yourself.

When i said : "All iconics weapons" that included the iconics weapons crafting specs in Reported Crime ;)
But others like Ashura/tchao, you can buy them now for fair price (at level 50 it's not so cheap, but you can).
An example for a weapon who can find, it's DR12-Quasar. You can find, with a little bit of patience (and lvl 34+), one legendary with 2 bullet per shot (over 1.2K dps). It's not possible to craft one like that. Without crafting skill, you also can upgrade it until lvl 50.

I do not agree :)
Why would you want to invest in Tech (crafting) if someone else can do it for you ?
(It destroy all the crafting hability)
All iconics should be able to be crafted at least at rare level, that's all :)
tech is not just about the crafting system tho its also about earrning money way faster and handle tech and smart guns. lconics at all shouldnt be related to an attribute - no matter what rarity. Iconics should be an own-standing feature in the game. everybody should be able to get his iconics on max quality and skill boni no matter which build he or she is playing - thats my opinion about iconics. you also can just remove rare-legendary from the iconics and give them their own status like in division f.e. but tying it to an attribute is just stupid. i dont care normal legendary armor (for glam) , weapons (specialized for high techis) or upgading bonus perks at all - you dont need them anyways you still one shot everything with epic or vendor weapons tho. if u still want them than sure invest in tech but - locking iconics and their max status behind tech is just bad game design because picking rares or epics in your progress will make them totally useless for endgame - and most of them are really hard to avoid before you hit lvl 50 to make them relevant for later content at all.

Last edited:
The crafting system in general deserves an overhaul. I agree that the attribute req. is likely too high. In my opinion, high levels of Crafting should unlock more schematics, not qualities. So that someone with the attribute maxxed can basically make any item in game and perhaps a few special items. So gate certain schematics behind a very high attribute, but notthe ability to create legendaries, especially as legendaries can be purchased from vendors. (Jut not iconics)

I don't think so, Lvl 18 is not Lvl 20, so you can have it and keep points for other.
I was Lvl 18 crafting letting me enough for Blade and Cool.
And it seems normal to have to invest to be able to have this advantage, seen how much damages a legendary weapon can make.

Guest 4564903

I like the way it is, feels like a nice reward when you finally are able to craft them so I hope its not changed.

Top Bottom