Community Event - Summary

+
Community Event - Summary

Community Event - SummaryAs a Community Manager, I interact with the fans on everyday basis. Whether its happening through our official message boards or facebook/twitter pages, I stay up to date with your thoughts and opinions on our products 24/7. Only once in a while do I get the chance to meet you guys face to face, and talk to many of you personally (although, if it was up to me, I would love to do it every day!). Fortunately, the occasion to put faces behind the avatars arose last weekend, when we celebrated eight years of The Witcher forums by inviting 15 members from the Polish forums who had shown great commitment to building this community to hang out with us for a while.
The lucky 15 accompanied by five of our forum moderators showed up at CD Projekt REDs HQ on Saturday (noon, to be exact) to participate in the little get-together, organized by yours truly. Your love for our games, your passion and energy when talking about your favorite features and elements were really amazing! We were all just as flattered by having a chance to shake hands with each one of you personally and get acquainted with some of the people that represent the best of our community. You could sense the positive energy filling the room during every stage of the meetup. Now, I could probably write a few pages describing in detail how much fun we had getting to know each other personally, playing pool, discussing favorite movies and games but instead, Ill let the pictures do the talking.

MM360 welcoming the fans

About to play some pool

How about some foosball?

Discussing The Lord of The Rings Trilogy...

Tomek Zawada as a mysterious knight

Things about to get serious in the Arena Tournament

Arena Tournament in full swing

Tomek Zawada explaining the mo-cap equipment

Inside the Mo-cap Studio

The whole gang is here

QA with the Devs (starting from the right; Tomek Zawada, Paweł Mielniczuk, Mateusz Tomaszkiewicz, Krzysiek Justyński, Mateusz Kanik, Andrzej Kwiatkowski)

This event took place in Warsaw, but if I were to organize something similar internationally, where should it be held?

MM360 said:
This event took place in Warsaw, but if I were to organize something similar internationally, where should it be held?

Somewhere where male - female ratio is not 987,6 zillion: 2 :p

Otherwise, great pics and a cool initiative!

Uhm, view the entry here until Marcin fixes the post formatting: http://en.thewitcher.com/community/entry/316

Props to the stylish redheaded lady! Seems like you guys had fun. :D

I gathered more interesting info that users got from CDPred devs during the event:

- Both Cyberpunk and "The Dark Fantasy Project" will be open world games, but devs ensure that the story and its pace are still their main focus.
- There will be some kind of melee/close combat in Cyberpunk.
- Combat/shooting in Cyberpunk will be skill based, but there will be some stats assigned to weapons (accuracy, recoil, etc.).
- The decision between FPP or TPP view in Cyberpunk has not been made yet.

I NEED THAT CYBERPUNK 2077 T-SHIRT

other than that the community event looked fun, i liked that they demonstrated the motion capture equipment.

Hoho, awesome! Happy for the people who got to visit Red :)
Demut said:
Maybe hold the international one somewhere in England?
Or Germany. Or France. Or the land of the Dutchs!

No but seriously, is there really such a big demand for a convention/community event? I mean, how many people would realistically attend the event? I guess it wouldn't be practical for Red to host a major event if there not sure that people would actually go to it.

Who says they’re talking about a major event? I presume that this would be another one like this where they handpick the participants.

Demut said:
Maybe hold the international one somewhere in England?
Uhh.. No. HQ is in Warsaw. Most of the Witcher fans live in Slavic countries like Poland, Russia and Czech Republic. Making event elsewhere would have no sense.

Good pics and congratulations to the lucky recipients of the "Community Event" !
Honestly i have no clue where an international event should be held . Maybe let the fans decide by vote .

Vojtas said:
Uhh.. No. HQ is in Warsaw. Most of the Witcher fans live in Slavic countries like Poland, Russia and Czech Republic. Making event elsewhere would have no sense.

We all know that first part, but it was precisely MM360 who asked IF they were to host an international event, where should it be held?

I would vouch for something "this" side of the world, somewhere in the US. But then again most Witcher fans are in Europe (at least in this forum) so I'm guessing Germany or England would be good options. Which ever is more accessible. Berlin would be cool.

MM360 said:

A place that doesn't have strict visa requirements

Ok... I'll give an option: Besalú, Girona, Spain. It's a pretty midage village in the Pyrenees... I'm sure that the Mayor would agree to cooperate for make a 'Witcher environment....(3 hours from Bracelona) Just a little idea

guipit said:
A place that doesn't have strict visa requirements
Thiiiis ;_;

Well, Warsaw is the most perfect place imo. I think arranging stuff like accomodation would be easier in a place a lot of people are familiar with. Although if you want my entirely biased opinion, then Prague, because everyone needs to go to Prague at least once. :D

I think they should hold it in an english speaking country because considering the many countries witcher fans come from english is probably going to be the most common language that they all know to a degree or another.

CostinMoroianu said:
I think they should hold it in an english speaking country because considering the many countries witcher fans come from english is probably going to be the most common language that they all know to a degree or another.

You shouldn't have problems with getting around using English in Warsaw.

I would support the idea of bringing this still exotic place like Warsaw(or Poland in general) closer to the general public. Yes, there is Prague or London or Berlin which are all lovely places, but Warsaw is nice too and still not discovered by so many people. It's not that far from Europe and those coming from US - if there will be any - are going to have jet lag anyway, be it London or Warsaw.

What Warsaw has in return is a non limited, constant, never-ending stream of best vodkas in the world :)

Dona said:
Thiiiis ;_;

Well, Warsaw is the most perfect place imo. I think arranging stuff like accomodation would be easier in a place a lot of people are familiar with. Although if you want my entirely biased opinion, then Prague, because everyone needs to go to Prague at least once. :D/>

True to that. Come to my city, and you won't regret it, I promise, :)
It's not so far from Warsaw and a change of place could be nice if you ask me.

Top Bottom