[COMMUNITY SUPPORT]-Djinni error! - Please report problems / crashes / bugs here

+
paschben1 said:
I am getting the Windows warning on start up of the D Jinni Editor: D Jinni has encountered a problem and must close. I remember reading something posting my errlog.txt.
read: Getting tech help on the forum and attach that PCWizard report as instructed ( use the older version of PCWizard if you have problems with the newer one )

Whenever I try to load the Djinni editor it crashes before even the load screen appears saying somethig along the lines of:API error: load point not found in mss32.dllI have installed ver 1.5.0.1304 of the client, ver 1.3.0.1198 of the Djinni clientThe mss32.dll file is showing in the witcher system directory and I installed it in my Windows/System32 directory as well.I'm running Vista 32 bit with SP2. I tried the recommended windows patch kb940105 but it says it does not apply to my system.Any thoughts?

froodwitch said:
Whenever I try to load the Djinni editor it crashes before even the load screen appears saying somethig along the lines of:API error: load point not found in mss32.dllI have installed ver 1.5.0.1304 of the client, ver 1.3.0.1198 of the Djinni clientThe mss32.dll file is showing in the witcher system directory and I installed it in my Windows/System32 directory as well.I'm running Vista 32 bit with SP2. I tried the recommended windows patch kb940105 but it says it does not apply to my system.Any thoughts?
do attach the file ERRLOG.TXT from The Witcher/System folder ( if the game crashed )list the files from the Witcher/system/miles folderanbd from the Witcher/system folder(sizes and dates)

For those having the same problem as OP- djinni crashes while loading, here is a simple fix that appears to have worked for me.I was crashing while loading Djinni and noted the screen resolution was all funky during the error message.Right click Djinni.exe -> Properties -> CompatabilityAll the boxes were checked by default:Win XP640x480256 colorsetc etcUncheck all the boxes.Djinni appears to load fine now.

Ok having problems getting D'jinni to start up! I start it up, it loads, it finishes loading, it crashes. I had a look at the properties and all the boxes are unticked so i dont think its that thats causing the problem. I currently run XP and the witcher enhanced edition plays just fine with all the graphics and sound turned up to max - I'm going to have a trawl through the forum and see if I can find any pointers there but thought I might as well put a post here as well to ask if anyone has any suggestions!thanks in advance! :)Ali

Lyonesse said:
Ok having problems getting D'jinni to start up! I start it up, it loads, it finishes loading, it crashes. I had a look at the properties and all the boxes are unticked so i dont think its that thats causing the problem. I currently run XP and the witcher enhanced edition plays just fine with all the graphics and sound turned up to max - I'm going to have a trawl through the forum and see if I can find any pointers there but thought I might as well put a post here as well to ask if anyone has any suggestions!thanks in advance! :)Ali
do attach the file ERRLOG.TXT from The Witcher/System folder after a djinni crash

Lyonesse said:
Ok having problems getting D'jinni to start up! I start it up, it loads, it finishes loading, it crashes. I had a look at the properties and all the boxes are unticked so i dont think its that thats causing the problem. I currently run XP and the witcher enhanced edition plays just fine with all the graphics and sound turned up to max - I'm going to have a trawl through the forum and see if I can find any pointers there but thought I might as well put a post here as well to ask if anyone has any suggestions!
My experience with Djinni is that it crashes a LOT. I mean, the damned thing crashes all the time.It's a HUGE memory hog, much more so than the main game, and in my experience, the crashes are often memory-related.Don't open too many Djinni windows at once. Don't put too many extra or unbiffed things in your Data directory (Djinni reads the entire Data directory every time it loads). Save often, often, often.And if your machine isn't maxed out on memory, get more.None of this may have anything to do with why Djinni is crashing as soon as you load it up -- Licaon_Kter will probably know what's wrong -- but once you get it running, frequent crashing will still happen -- be prepared!

Hi, i have a problem with djinni...when is start it, i get "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect"what means, a runtime library missing again...I use windows 7 home premium x64What is this library? As i read in dependency walker, the missing libraries are mfc80, msvcr80, msvcp80 dll-s. But if install ms visual c x64 libraries (2005, 2008, 2008 sp1), i still get this error. So i've installed the x86 ones... same error. If i put those files into witcher system directory, i still cannot run the editor, but the dependency walker writes everything is ok.I've attached the Sxstrace file(made when none of those dlls were in witcher system). BTW the game is running without problems.

Hi, i have a problem with djinni...when is start it, i get "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect"what means, a runtime library missing again...I use windows 7 home premium x64What is this library? As i read in dependency walker, the missing libraries are mfc80, msvcr80, msvcp80 dll-s. But if install ms visual c x64 libraries (2005, 2008, 2008 sp1), i still get this error. So i've installed the x86 ones... same error. If i put those files into witcher system directory, i still cannot run the editor, but the dependency walker writes everything is ok.I've attached the Sxstrace file(made when none of those dlls were in witcher system). BTW the game is running without problems.
I run into this problem today. For me the problem was solved with reinstalling "Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable". I installed both x64 and x86 versions. While looking for a solution came up this post. I thought this information might be helpful to some fanatics, still "making love" with d'jinni :)

Top Bottom