Companion AI and Pathfinding - B&W End Game

+
Companion AI and Pathfinding - B&W End Game

Pretty simple suggestion: add a few different routines to the AI for Yennefer, Triss, or whoever else can appear at Corvo Bianco at the end of Blood and Wine. While I appreciate what CDPR was trying to do - and I do think it's pretty cute - the AI for Triss and Yennefer is extremely limited ... their schedules are even less complex than that of a random npc that you might happen across in Beauclair. Essentially they alternate between sitting on the divan sunbathing, and then returning to the main Corvo Bianco estate to go to sleep. This is compounded by the fact that, at least in my case, when Triss or Yennefer return to the "master bedroom," the sleep animation fails about 9 times out of 10. Instead, they either stand there staring at the wall, or stand on the bed with their eyes fixed on an indeterminate place on the wall

:huh:

I don't think it would be that hard to mix up their routines a bit. Maybe have them visit Roach in his stall, or go to town and wander about the market a little. Anything to make them seem less like the Stepford Wives and more like real people.

Yes, it looks like those Corvo Bianco epilogues, while nice, were probably not a very high priority when making the expansion. There were more complex daily routines for Triss and Shani in Vizima in The Witcher 1. Although I doubt anything would be changed now, especially not if it would require more dialogue.

Yes, it looks like those Corvo Bianco epilogues, while nice, were probably not a very high priority when making the expansion. There were more complex daily routines for Triss and Shani in Vizima in The Witcher 1. Although I doubt anything would be changed now, especially not if it would require more dialogue.

I wasn't really suggesting new dialogue, but rather adding some complexity and variation to their daily routines. Scripting changes, in other words. See some of my suggestions above.

I appreciate what they did with the "Be It Ever So Humble" quest, but it could use a little extra TLC. CD Projekt Red always says that they "never do things in half measures," so why not make good on that boast and add a little extra spit and polish to raise the epilogue up the the standards of the rest of Blood and Wine?

Make them abit more human as well as please make ciri in part of the ending. So itll be Triss or Yen AND Ciri, that would make a happy ending. unless Ciri died in the base game, if not itll make a happy ending.

I completely agree. It made me really sad to see how limited Triss's presence was. I really wanted to be able to discuss more, see her doing more and enjoying her time there, or be able to sleep with her again even just once. And yeah, would have been nice to see Ciri again too. She was always my favourite character.

Top Bottom