Companion mod

+
Companion mod

I updated my Triss companion mod. But I included Ciri as well. Basically it allows you to talk to Triss\Ciri and ask them to follow you around.

I also made it activate the spawnsets for Ciri, Triss and Dandelion at the Toussaint home. Afaik the main story does need to be finished before you can see them though. It also shows the vineyard introduction for all 3, I could have disabled it, but I figured people would want to see it anyway.

In case you can't find them you can also type trissFollower() and\or ciriFollower() in the console.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3axqSlhNHOOY3hmRnhPZjVtc3M/view?usp=sharing

As far as installing it goes just extract it to the Witcher 3 folder, both the DLC and Mods folder are required. The bundles the folders contain are exactly the same but the mods folders unfortunately ignores custom .dlc files, and the DLC folder can't properly overwrite other dlc files...

@0nakita You were wondering if I could update it? well here it is.

Scryar

Forum veteran
You are awesome!

---------- Updated at 12:27 PM ----------

So just for clarification.
I'm still far away from finishing the addon and I don't want to get too excited and disappointed afterwards if I misunderstood what the mod does.

Triss and Ciri will stay at the vineyard after finishing the addon? And we can talk to them and take one of them with us to explore Toussaint?

You are awesome!

---------- Updated at 12:27 PM ----------

So just for clarification.
I'm still far away from finishing the addon and I don't want to get too excited and disappointed afterwards if I misunderstood what the mod does.

Triss and Ciri will stay at the vineyard after finishing the addon? And we can talk to them and take one of them with us to explore Toussaint?

Triss OR ciri OR yen. depending on the choices you made. I'm fairly sure dandelion comes only if you totally fucked the base game's choices.

I don't know what went "wrong" (or very well IMO!) or something glitched, but after I installed the mod Ciri and Dandelion appeared on my vineyard besides Triss. Only Triss was there originaly. So it looks like I acquired 2 more ending with all the dialogs with them. Ciri under the tree, Triss resting under the sun and Dandelion playing on his lant and it's so much better than the original. I hope this bug will happen again on my next playthrough!
Btw I didn't ask them to follow me, because after that they doesn't go back to their original status, like Triss doesn't laying back in the garden. She just standing there where I left, meanwhile the other invisible Triss is laying on the bad and going in and out of the house. I can see her green titled name doing this XD So I just have a previous save where everyone is resting in the vineyard and it feels goddamn-good :) This is the rest what Geralt deserved :)

I don't know what went "wrong" (or very well IMO!) or something glitched, but after I installed the mod Ciri and Dandelion appeared on my vineyard besides Triss. Only Triss was there originaly. So it looks like I acquired 2 more ending with all the dialogs with them. Ciri under the tree, Triss resting under the sun and Dandelion playing on his lant and it's so much better than the original. I hope this bug will happen again on my next playthrough!
Btw I didn't ask them to follow me, because after that they doesn't go back to their original status, like Triss doesn't laying back in the garden. She just standing there where I left, meanwhile the other invisible Triss is laying on the bad and going in and out of the house. I can see her green titled name doing this XD So I just have a previous save where everyone is resting in the vineyard and it feels goddamn-good :) This is the rest what Geralt deserved :)

It's not a bug, I activated them all on purpose. But the vineyard introduction when you talk to the others for the first time looks a bit out of place, but I figured it would just let it stay in.

Oh btw, if you tell them to stop following they will sort of return. But I did it pretty lazily, since the Blood and Wine entities are completely different entities from the base game I just hid them and spawned a default one. When you tell them to stop following it doesn't unhide, but the "hidden" part is not saved, so if you save and reload (moving from zone to zone should work too) if they arent following they will be back to where they were in the vineyard. (I suppose this feature for them to return is something I could still change, it wouldn't be too hard, guess all I'd need to do is unhide and teleport the B&W npc to the current npc location and delete the one I spawned.. :))

Last edited:
thanks Saecen for this mod :)

i have some question. how i can remove Yen/Triss ? because on my playthrough i choose romance Yen and when use mod Triss spawn on same place as Yen and its make weird for me. thanks again :)

Can someone explain what this mod does?, when can i start using it?

From the OP

"Basically it allows you to talk to Triss\Ciri and ask them to follow you around"

That, is what it does (and will aid you in fights). And you can use it as soon as you meet these characters in the game pretty much, unless you spawn them using the debug console.

From the OP

"Basically it allows you to talk to Triss\Ciri and ask them to follow you around"

That, is what it does (and will aid you in fights). And you can use it as soon as you meet these characters in the game pretty much, unless you spawn them using the debug console.

Ah, ok , the confusion arised when i read the part about finishing the story or something about that.

Ah, ok , the confusion arised when i read the part about finishing the story or something about that.
Blood&Wine post ending spoilers
After finishing Blood&Wine either Ciri, Yen, Triss or Dandelion will appear at your vineyard and stay there. It depends on your choices during the main game, which character appears. But it's always just one of them.
Additionaly to being able to use Triss and/or Ciri as a follower it also adds Dandelion, Triss and Ciri to your vineyard. You get their cutscene and can talk to them. If you romanced Yennefer (she isn't part of the mod but she will appear anyway if you romanced her) you will have all of them at your vineyard.

@Sarcen

I know the mod is installed because I have triss at my house, and can make her follow me, but ciri and dandelion aren't there. Any suggestions?

@Sarcen Thanks alot for this awesome mod! If it isnt´t too much of a hassle for you, could you make a version with only Ciri and Dandelion, for all the ones who romanced Yennefer instead of Triss?

@CarolKarine I found Ciri sleeping in the guest bedroom and after the intro scene i found her near a big tree on a cliff west of the estate, if that´s any help for you.

Last edited:

Guest 3847602

@Sarcen Thanks alot for this awesome mod! If it isnt´t too much of a hassle for you, could you make a version with only Ciri and Dandelion, for all the ones who romanced Yennefer instead of Triss?

This mod already works for Yen romance.The only difference is that if you romanced Triss, you can apparently tell her to follow you around. Ciri and Dandelion are present either way. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
This mod already works for Yen romance.The only difference is that if you romanced Triss, you can apparently tell her to follow you around. Ciri and Dandelion are present either way. :)

I know, I tried the mod out, but having Triss there too is kinda weird and also lore breaking, so I would really prefer a version without her. Besides, since she uses the same place as yen, the clipping between the two of em lying on the same bed is even more awkward xD

Guest 3847602

I know, I tried the mod out, but having Triss there too is kinda weird and also lore breaking, so I would really prefer a version without her. Besides, since she uses the same place as yen, the clipping between the two of em lying on the same bed is even more awkward xD

That's weird, I don't have Triss in my game, on this screenshot you can see just Yennefer and Dandelion in the background:

No Triss, no clipping...
:hmm:

What might causing you problem is the content from Mods folder, I deleted it, so I'm just using the content from DLC folder.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 381
No Triss, no clipping...

It activates Triss, Ciri and Dandelion. She should be there, it could be that she is just standing around somewhere else though. I believe that both Dandelion and Ciri use the same spot to sleep as well. Which I think is why I saw only one of them using the bed in my game and the other one just standing around.

Also deleting the mod will probably not affect them being activated. I think, I'm still not 100% certain how these phase files work. But I believe my just activating them is not something that happens every time it runs. Meaning that once activated that state is saved. I could be wrong though *shrug*

It activates Triss, Ciri and Dandelion. She should be there, it could be that she is just standing around somewhere else though. I believe that both Dandelion and Ciri use the same spot to sleep as well. Which I think is why I saw only one of them using the bed in my game and the other one just standing around.

Also deleting the mod will probably not affect them being activated. I think, I'm still not 100% certain how these phase files work. But I believe my just activating them is not something that happens every time it runs. Meaning that once activated that state is saved. I could be wrong though *shrug*

Ok, to make things even more easy, is there any way I can only get Ciri? Cause tbh, Dandelion is in Novigrad anyway and I can visit him there anytime. So I romanced Yen and I want Ciri to be there too, after all, they don´t share the same spot or bed, so there should be no conflicts/clipping whatsoever. Can this be achievd via deleting some files or would you need to change the mod itself?

Top Bottom