Companions

+
Something has been bothering me about 'companions'. What incentive will these people have to be loyal to our characters? This is Cyberpunk. "It' not about saving the world, it's about saving yourself." Are these companions going to be on our payroll? We aren't serving a great purpose, no higher goal. We're in it for ourselves, so won't our 'companions' be in exactly the same position?

Money, friendship, protection, favors, "the enemy of my enemy is my friend",

And maybe some of them aren't all that loyal.... maybe if you treat them poorly, they turn on you.... Maybe if you treat them well, you earn their trust and respect....

Money, friendship, protection, favors, "the enemy of my enemy is my friend",

And maybe some of them aren't all that loyal.... maybe if you treat them poorly, they turn on you.... Maybe if you treat them well, you earn their trust and respect....

I want this so much. I want NPC relationships to be dynamic and be affected by your choices or gameplay. That would be awesome!

Just as long as I don't have to liten to them constantly whining.... I wanted to kill my "friends" in GTA moire than I wanted to kill any of the enemies...

Although I have never gone full on rage against anyone in a video game the way I did my own gang members in SR2.... I would leave my cribs littered with bodies, just ruthlessly slaughtering anyone who yelled out something stupid... which was always....

Hm, I don't mind when NPCs speak or display reactions to actions. I wouldn't mind if the NPCs in CP 2077 have a mind of their own, and are able to express themselves about stuff that's happening, not unlike the Witcher games. But yeah, it would be annoying if they repeat the same tired phrases in an effort to seem alive like it happened in Skyrim.

I think in Mass Effect it is done rather well how companions take part in conversations and comment things during missions. It might all be illusion but I feel like each has their own perspective on current situation.

I think in Mass Effect it is done rather well how companions take part in conversations and comment things during missions. It might all be illusion but I feel like each has their own perspective on current situation.
I thoguht they did it quite well too. Dragon Age wasn't bad. But if our NPC buddies keep saying stupid stuff, I'm throwing them off a tower block.

I thoguht they did it quite well too. Dragon Age wasn't bad. But if our NPC buddies keep saying stupid stuff, I'm throwing them off a tower block.

In Mass Effect 1 and 2 companions and companion interactions were great. But ME3 sucked major balls.. (Hey, it's been 2 years, did you guys miss me? Fuck you Shepard, i have not-really-important shit to do!) Lazy writing ruined everything, including companions..

But i don't mind if we are going to have companions like ME1 or ME2 did, or Dragon Age for that matter.

In Mass Effect 1 and 2 companions and companion interactions were great. But ME3 sucked major balls.. (Hey, it's been 2 years, did you guys miss me? Fuck you Shepard, i have not-really-important shit to do!) Lazy writing ruined everything, including companions..

But i don't mind if we are going to have companions like ME1 or ME2 did, or Dragon Age for that matter.

I haven't played 3 yet, but I'm starting to be put off...

Eh...I wouldn't want Reds to makes DA or ME series their measuring stick for how companions interact with you. I'd like to something more organic, dynamic, and better written/acted ^^

Eh...I wouldn't want Reds to makes DA or ME series their measuring stick for how companions interact with you. I'd like to something more organic, dynamic, and better written/acted ^^

I absolutely agree with you. And i do believe CDPR could do it even better. For instance Fallout New Vegas companions somehow felt a lot more organic than ME companions. Its a shame they trow all that out of the window when making Skyrim...

Just as long as I don't have to listen to them constantly whining.... I wanted to kill my "friends" in GTA moire than I wanted to kill any of the enemies...

Although I have never gone full on rage against anyone in a video game the way I did my own gang members in SR2.... I would leave my cribs littered with bodies, just ruthlessly slaughtering anyone who yelled out something stupid... which was always....

I have the same problem when i'm playing Skyrim... Dialogue is so retardedly repetitive, it makes me want to kill every guard and every companion in that game..

"Oh, i've never seen anything like that." - Seriously Lydia? Do you have to say that every 10 minutes? I mean, really?

In Fallout New Vegas, they had a great, not at all annoying, dialogue and companion system. Companions would trust you based on your actions and in the end you would be able to effect (not control) their decisions. They forgot all about that in Skyrim. You think they would have learned a bit from the past games.

I used to be an adventurer like you, but then I took an arrow in the knee

or who can forget, this little ditty

can girls become witchers tooooOO

Haha, good times.

or who can forget, this little ditty.

Haha, good times.

I didn't even want to mention that... I hate that... I hate that......

When i think about it, "Can girls be Witchers tOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?" bit didn't annoyed me at all.

Haha, good times.

When i think about it, "Can girls be Witchers tOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?" bit didn't annoyed me at all.

I suspect you didn't play the game enough times. I would willingly have throttled her.

I think they need to work on the "background noise" conversations. Vergen got really, really repetitive.

I suspect you didn't play the game enough times. I would willingly have throttled her.

I think they need to work on the "background noise" conversations. Vergen got really, really repetitive.

Hm. I don't know, I thought Vergen was one of the best locales in the game in terms of game design and NPC implementation. I didn't find anything to complain about there, and can girls become witchers tooo?

hehe ^^

Oh, i played it enough times alright. It didn't bother me because i was able ignore it. (I mean, lots of games have repetitive dialogue, i learned how to block it from my mind) But in Skyrim, that was impossible. They just didn't shut up.... You couldn't run away... They were everywhere..... Whenever i tried to block it, whenever i tried to ignore it, i was tortured even worse. I'm still having nightmares...

How many time can you get surprised by seeing the same ruin? Apparently indefinitely.

“I have never seen anything quite like that.”

can girls become witchers tooo?

hehe ^^

And she is right to keep asking... I've never heard Gerald answering to her. She deserves and answer!

Forum veteran
In Fallout New Vegas, they had a great, not at all annoying, dialogue and companion system. Companions would trust you based on your actions and in the end you would be able to effect (not control) their decisions. They forgot all about that in Skyrim. You think they would have learned a bit from the past games.
Skyrim was developed by Bethesda. New Vegas was developed by Obsidian and published by Bethesda. One of many reasons why Obsidian > Bethesda.

I didn't find anything to complain about there
"GIVE US A KISS!"

So. Annoying. It's just cruel to include repeated lines like that and the other one in a game where you can't mercilessly slaughter NPCs.

Top Bottom