Comparable Rpg with Immersion - like Cyberpunk but with heart and substance. Suggestions? (Also comparison and talk a little about Cyberpunk etc.

+
Hi Guys,

Just curious if there is a Rpg Game for PC with incredible Immersion and for 18 plus Players, likely looking like Cyberpunk?

Do you have some suggestions or a hint? I would appreciate it.
(don't need to be this high standard of graphics but Immersion and rpg is a must)

Sincerely

Hi,
the closest RPG's that try to simulate a living world that come to my mind would probably those of Bethesda.
Skyrim or Fallout 4 did a pretty good job to simulate a real world with better RPG elements then Cyberpunk 2077 but not at such a large scale. The more realistic would be Red Dead Redemption 2 from Rockstar Games but that's not really an RPG but the world in it is really believable for the time period it is set in with good immerionn elements and realistic npc AI behaviour not like 2077 crouch for your life AI :D. Actually RDR2 is the most immersive game that I can think of to date.

I exclusively game on consoles because I feel like I would end up spending way too much on PC gaming but I've been rethinking that logic. That being said, I played a game on PS4 called "The Observer" and the company who made it recently released a new version of it called "The Observer System Redux" which apparently is the same game but turned up to 11. It's a much more dark and gritty version of Cyberpunk though and it's not the same style of looter shooter, open world ubisoft type of game that CP2077 is but it is a good cyberpunk game which is immersive at least on console and they seem to be very hard to find. Expect a mix of cyberpunk and horror, psychological thriller etc.

Haha skyrim.. What a long time I played that. Think I got all dlcs but am thinking I would need so much mods to like it nowadays.

Uh Observer.. I will look at the videos.

Thank you guys.

Haha skyrim.. What a long time I played that. Think I got all dlcs but am thinking I would need so much mods to like it nowadays.

Uh Observer.. I will look at the videos.

Thank you guys.
Skyrim will stand strong pretty much as long as it's mod community and the game with all the graphic mods is really something to behold even today. Oblivion is also a good one with strong RPG elements but with more date graphics or just wait for the Skyblivion mod which redoes Oblivion in the Skyrim engine. The closest new TES we gonna get is from the mod community xD since I doubt Bethesda will release something in the next 2 years or so but lets hope Microsoft will pressure em since they gotta get those $7.5 billion back somehow.
Post automatically merged:

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines is also a RPG worth always recomending in my mind. It's not so much an open world but a really good RPG based on the pnp World of Darkness game. Good writing, dark atmosphere and gets you pretty good immersed in playing vampire in that world.

Skyrim will stand strong pretty much as long as it's mod community and the game with all the graphic mods is really something to behold even today. Oblivion is also a good one with strong RPG elements but with more date graphics or just wait for the Skyblivion mod which redoes Oblivion in the Skyrim engine. The closest new TES we gonna get is from the mod community xD since I doubt Bethesda will release something in the next 2 years or so but lets hope Microsoft will pressure em since they gotta get those $7.5 billion back somehow.
Post automatically merged:

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines is also a RPG worth always recomending in my mind. It's not so much an open world but a really good RPG based on the pnp World of Darkness game. Good writing, dark atmosphere and gets you pretty good immersed in playing vampire.

Is it hard to mod skyrim up to date nowadays?

The two newer Deus Ex games did many things better then CP2077 and had a hand full of semi-open worlds... albeit very small ones.
The two newer Deus Ex games were great but no where near in comparison to CP2077, whatsoever. They also did NOT do many things better. Now, if you want to play the original Deus Ex, that game is phenomenal. It has a large world but nowhere near in comparison to CP but it did come out almost 20 years ago. It also did a lot of things right in a Cyberpunk world and the upgrades were phenomenal. The last 2 Deus Ex games were ridiculously easy even on the hardest settings and your implants were meh at best. The last 2 were more or less made to make you feel like a fighting machine and the non-violent approach was paltry at best and had none of the layers that CP has. Still, playing as Jensen and hearing that lion growl when you take out a foe was pretty bada$$, I won't lie.

If you want a great free game to play, consider Snatcher which you can play on an emulator. It's old game though which is probably free ware by now, in anime style but it was made by Hideo Kojima of Metal Gear game. I think it's safe to say Kojima saw Blade Runner and Terminator and it blew his mind and created Snatcher lol. Great game and I still have my Sega CD copy of it to this day. It's a treasure.

Highly recommend.

The two newer Deus Ex games were great but no where near in comparison to CP2077, whatsoever. They also did NOT do many things better. Now, if you want to play the original Deus Ex, that game is phenomenal. It has a large world but nowhere near in comparison to CP but it did come out almost 20 years ago. It also did a lot of things right in a Cyberpunk world and the upgrades were phenomenal. The last 2 Deus Ex games were ridiculously easy even on the hardest settings and your implants were meh at best. The last 2 were more or less made to make you feel like a fighting machine and the non-violent approach was paltry at best and had none of the layers that CP has. Still, playing as Jensen and hearing that lion growl when you take out a foe was pretty bada$$, I won't lie.
Huh? What exactly does CP do better? Deus Ex had a more impactful cybernetics system, a better itemization/gear system, "better", more involved hacking (not talking about quickhacks), faaa-aaa-aaar superior enemy AI,... yea, I guess that's enough, isn't it?

Ah yes Deus Ex and Vampires the Masquerade
Waiting for the second title but it seems next year second half sadly. But better a good launch than Censorpunk 2077 wit those bugs and glitches.

Will check out Skyrim maybe I can get some good mods out of it.

RDR2
GTA
is quotable but there's alot of comedy in thoses.
I'd say modern Deus Ex aswell.
Of course, The Witcher 3.
The Stalker series is also something you may want to look at. The tone of the first was great.

Yakuza 0 is ok too, but the acting is weird and the game relies a lot on japaneese humor (which is "over the top" sometimes). Second problem here, the game never makes you forget you're playing a game.
Skyrim / Fall Out if you mod them a lot. They are pretty much "politically correct" though. OK-ish.
Assassin's Creed (or any Ubisoft game) are not serious enough (acting is only based on action movies). Good games though.

Out of those games, I'd recommend RDR2 and The Witcher 3, others depending on your mood (esp. GTA 4/5).

If you'd look for the coolest cyberpunk games ever, that would be a very different list... I could name 10 of those with the #10 being still a great game ;)

VTMB was 10/10 storytelling but that game was so buggy haha holy shit. If you didn't go for a speech/seduction build and wanted to play it like a FPS/slasher game it got ridiculous, fightsing was like agonizingly bad.
Hey, don't knock it, this games future could be the future of CP, should CDPR not survive this debacle... or should they end up dropping the game to cut their losses. Not likely, but it could happen. Then it would be on the community and modders to save it, just as Bloodline's did. ;)

Guest 3847602

Kingdom Come Deliverance - you do have set protagonist but it's an RPG through and through. It's also one of the most immersive games I've ever played: you need to eat, sleep, clean your clothes and armour, learn to read and take time to master the combat system.

Top Bottom