Comparable Rpg with Immersion - like Cyberpunk but with heart and substance. Suggestions? (Also comparison and talk a little about Cyberpunk etc.

+
Straw paddler and sneaky editor-after-the-fact... you are doing sooo well in your argumentation. ;)

As for the clips: Most of those enemies are crazed, zombie like cyber psychos, they had to bum rush Adam for story reasons... and the corp troopers at the start of the clip were armored and gave each other covering fire, they tried to smoke Adam out of his cover after he fooled them with his thermo optical camo... something that's not even possible in CP.

The CP clip, in comparison: Just an example of flashy, carnival shooting parlor gameplay, AI doesn't even matter in such scenario.
Are they look like human beings? Is it that good AI of yours?

Do not look at those crazied people in the middle of the video. But at the police from the start and those geniuses at the end that all went to the door for their death. They cant hide, they can just run, shoot, stand, die that is all their AI...
Still, more of a challenge then deleting a whole camp of scavs from 500 m away with quick hacks... for minutes, since even my legendary 11 (19 with mods and perks) RAM deck takes forever to recharge... while the enmies mill around from left to right, shouting the same 3 lines over and over. They don't run, they don't hide, they don't go looking for me (not even if their netrunner should have found me), they just wander around slowly and then, well, die...

If you don't mind the game being a classic CRPG with an isometric view, I recommend the Shadowrun games (75% off during the sale, get it now!). It's in a similar, but better, setting in my opinion. Plus the stories are absolutely phenomenal. Dragonfall is my favorite of the bunch, but Hong Kong gives you a better runner vibe.

Just one Moment.. They believe the Game is great except the bugs? Wtf? :oops:
I said it's very likely they believe that is case. I don't know that as a fact though because I don't know when they're telling the truth and when they're not. The last time they delayed it they said something very close to the effect of "We believe we have a great game on our hands and we just need a few more weeks to polish it." I don't know what they believe. I don't know what they're thinking. They might be from another planet for all I know at this point.

Are they look like human beings? Is it that good AI of yours?
I never said good, I said superior to CP2077... just drop it man, you are really bad at this. You enjoy jumping around picking of targets like it's DOOM 2077, fine, you do you, I expected more from the next, "genre defining" cyberpunk RPG... much more.

I never said good, I said superior to CP2077... just drop it man, you are really bad at this. You enjoy jumping around picking of targets like it's DOOM clone, fine, you do you, I expected more from the the next, "genre defining" cyberpunk RPG... much more.
They are nowhere near superrior to CP.

If you don't mind the game being a classic CRPG with an isometric view, I recommend the Shadowrun games (75% off during the sale, get it now!). It's in a similar, but better, setting in my opinion. Plus the stories are absolutely phenomenal. Dragonfall is my favorite of the bunch, but Hong Kong gives you a better runner vibe.

Ist it with good choices and different way of approach? Thank you very much for your suggestion.

Ist it with good choices and different way of approach? Thank you very much for your suggestion.
Yes and no. There are choices in missions and ways to approach them. But some of the games follow the canon of the shadowrun universe, so there is a certain fixed outcome, specially in Dragonfall.

But overall, they're great games to play, will give you several hours of roleplaying goodness and turn based combat fun.

If you have a computer and haven't played a modded out Skyrim then you are missing out. Probably one of the easiest games to mod with the tools already worked out and available. I've easily put well over 1000 hours into that game just making and playing every different kind of character and path I wanted. With Good ENB and texture pack mods. the game looks amazing even by a lot of todays standards. And the fact that modders can script entire questlines makes it feel like the game is still releasing DLC's even now. Live another life mods allows you to choose a bunch of good/evil/neutral starts. You don't have to do the main quest line at all if you don't want to. Clothing, armor, weapon, magic, all mod-able. Survival mode with necessities like food, warm clothing, shelter, water etc? mods. Want to be an overpowered demigod? mods. Want to sprout wings and fly? Mods. Want to play an evil overlord necromancer Revenant? mods. Want to run a whore house? mods. Want to run a fruit stand? mods. Want to join a faction and join in Massive battles that happen randomly? mods. Hell you can even add Idle mods so your character interacts with things when you step away to go make a snack or take a leak. Skyrim base has a decent AI with a multitude of interactions and you can always mod in more. Honestly, as long as the modding community still works on skyrim, the game will continue to remain relevant and new every time you go back as you can make it be whatever you want it to be. It's insane with mods. Without mods its still a decent game with quite a bit of content and freedom including house building, marriage and adopted children even...but it's not the best of the elder scrolls games story or rpg wise and it definitely shows it's age. I have to warn you though, once you start modding Skyrim, you see everything that a good rpg sandbox can be and the freedom and ability to do or be almost anything in that world makes you completely lose yourself in it. The freedom makes It hard to find any other RPG's satisfying. Fallout 4 is also up there with RPG freedom and modding almost on the level of Skyrim but with guns and a post apocalyptic world if that's more your style. If I've learned one thing from Skyrim and Fallout 4 it's that a good active modding community can practically make a game immortal. It's the main reason i'm so hoping the devs work with modders for CP2077 once they work out the kinks.

Guest 4375874

Huh? What exactly does CP do better? Deus Ex had a more impactful cybernetics system, a better itemization/gear system, "better", more involved hacking (not talking about quickhacks), faaa-aaa-aaar superior enemy AI,... yea, I guess that's enough, isn't it?
1. Deus Ex is not a "cyberpunk" game. That's the most important element.
2. Deus Ex is not open world.
3. Because it is linear the devs can narrow down the list of options for players and therefore make things like hacking exactly as the creators intended because you have only the path put before you as does the AI. Criticism is fine however If you do not know how game development works try to expand your knowledge.

This game is intended to be accessible, while that may make it feel easy to some (certainly not me on hard), you can't watch streamers or google where to find the best sniper rifle in the game and then find it with the express intention of making your game easier and then complain about it afterwards. I'd have preferred if the devs had not made it so accessible but I wager they overestimated the maturity level of some of their new gamers. That's like getting the grandmaster armors in witcher 3 or the most powerful spell in Skyrim (which you can get in under level 5) and then complain about the game being too easy.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Deus Ex is not a "cyberpunk" game. That's the most important element.
2. Deus Ex is not open world.
3. Because it is linear the devs can narrow down the list of options for players and therefore make things like hacking exactly as the creators intended because you have only the path put before you as does the AI. Criticism is fine however If you do not know how game development works try to expand your knowledge.

This game is intended to be accessible, while that may make it feel easy to some (certainly not me on hard), you can't watch streamers or google where to find the best sniper rifle in the game and then find it with the express intention of making your game easier and then complain about it afterwards. I'd have preferred if the devs had not made it so accessible but I wager they overestimated the maturity level of some of their new gamers. That's like getting the grandmaster armors in witcher 3 or the most powerful spell in Skyrim (which you can get in under level 5) and then complain about the game being too easy.

Deus ex is more cyberpunk than Cyberpunk 2077 will ever be.
Back to the OP:
- R2D2 ( fixed character though )
- Fallout 1, 2, New Vegas ( 1 and 2 are very old game, if you can stand the UI they are very good games and very good rpg with lot of freedom. 1 has not aged very well though )
- The Outer Worlds
- Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer ( it's a DLC )
- Disco Elysium ( currently considered one of the best if not the best RPG of the last years )
- Kenshi
- GTA 5

Skyrim will stand strong pretty much as long as it's mod community and the game with all the graphic mods is really something to behold even today. Oblivion is also a good one with strong RPG elements but with more date graphics or just wait for the Skyblivion mod which redoes Oblivion in the Skyrim engine. The closest new TES we gonna get is from the mod community xD since I doubt Bethesda will release something in the next 2 years or so but lets hope Microsoft will pressure em since they gotta get those $7.5 billion back somehow.
Post automatically merged:

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines is also a RPG worth always recomending in my mind. It's not so much an open world but a really good RPG based on the pnp World of Darkness game. Good writing, dark atmosphere and gets you pretty good immersed in playing vampire in that world.
completely in accordance with the TES remastered, remastered my eggs!, that copy of the modder's work sold well for that very reason, skyrim is what it is thanks to the mod community and not because of betsheda,

More specifically because of the PC mod community!!! Let it be clear!!!!!!

unfortunately with cyberpunk the same thing will happen, if the game becomes something it will be for that same community, I have understood it as a large amusement park something expensive and without the ability to modify it yet, that is cyberpunk, the reason for delivering it like this? No idea apart from caring little about the end customer, but it's okay for companies to pull the cable up to this point, none of them wants to be the one to break it of course, but they force it all they can, well, with this game you have broken until latest nonsense that unfolds in early stages of development, sony has thrown it out of their store, toaster users aren't even praying they're going to start it up, so ... give us mod tools, I'm not playing story mode until That I do not have all the nonsense that I want to do in between, it is no use patching, if you have DLC, yes in the bedroom thinking about adding some stupid minigame it is too late, give us the modeling tools and we will take care of doing what You should have done it from the beginning ... have a coffee leaning on the car watching an ass go by ... just make sure the car flies off and we prepare the rest, that's the movie you have

Kingdom Come Deliverance - you do have set protagonist but it's an RPG through and through. It's also one of the most immersive games I've ever played: you need to eat, sleep, clean your clothes and armour, learn to read and take time to master the combat system.
Great answer, especially if you play HC; try to find direction on the map based on the placement of the sun in the sky or actually be challenged while trying to stay in stealth etc.

Deus ex is more cyberpunk than Cyberpunk 2077 will ever be.
Back to the OP:
- R2D2 ( fixed character though )
- Fallout 1, 2, New Vegas ( 1 and 2 are very old game, if you can stand the UI they are very good games and very good rpg with lot of freedom. 1 has not aged very well though )
- The Outer Worlds
- Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer ( it's a DLC )
- Disco Elysium ( currently considered one of the best if not the best RPG of the last years )
- Kenshi
- GTA 5
Why the "Deus Ex" is more cyberpunk than "Cyberpunk 2077"? What is "cyberpunk"? Please, define the genre for me.

Vampire the Masquarade: Bloodlines - always the first place in my list.
The graphics, the combat, and the engine itself is a complete sh..t.
But the story, the characters, the quests, and the MUSIC is amazing.
Fck it have one the most athmospheric sountracks in game history.
And it IS AN RPG. You building you character through the game. Lots of options and choices.
I would sell my soul to the devil for a good remaster of this game, without reworking the quests.
Just different engine, and good graphics, but the same voice lines, the same quests, the same music, etc.

Last edited:
Hi,
the closest RPG's that try to simulate a living world that come to my mind would probably those of Bethesda.
Skyrim or Fallout 4 did a pretty good job to simulate a real world with better RPG elements then Cyberpunk 2077 but not at such a large scale. The more realistic would be Red Dead Redemption 2 from Rockstar Games but that's not really an RPG but the world in it is really believable for the time period it is set in with good immerionn elements and realistic npc AI behaviour not like 2077 crouch for your life AI :D. Actually RDR2 is the most immersive game that I can think of to date.
if 2077 is an RPG then so is RDR2 now

Top Bottom