Comparing items in backpack

+
I've a little problem. After Patch 1.2 in backpack i've [Invalid input] Disable comparing. I can't find any trace of this shortkey in inputUserMappings.xml or UserSettings.json. Any ideas?

If this is still relevant, I have the solution. in usermappings.xml, add this section at line 1532:

<mapping name="toggle_comparison_tooltip" type="Button" SIEJADependent="true" >
<button id="IK_Pad_LeftThumb"/>
<button id="IK_Tab"/>

Greetings!

If this is still relevant, I have the solution. in usermappings.xml, add this section at line 1532:

<mapping name="toggle_comparison_tooltip" type="Button" SIEJADependent="true" >
<button id="IK_Pad_LeftThumb"/>
<button id="IK_Tab"/>

Greetings!
Can you confirm that the line was there in prior versions, but missing now? (If so, can you send in the report to CDPR Tech Support?)

(I'm going to guess that "performance issue" is about as close as we can get to a controller button not responding, given the other options.)

Can you confirm that the line was there in prior versions, but missing now?

No, that I cannot confirm but what I can say is that in my case the problem stated above was solved by adding these lines. My case is special though as I revert back to a specially configured "inputUserMappings.xml" file backup after every update (I do not like the way you have to use the F key for interaction, I prefer the middle mouse button, same for taking down an enemy; I am left handed due to a physical disability and like to use the mouse buttons for that too).
So if new key mappings are introduced with an update, I miss those and get the "invalid input" statement. So what I do after an update is to look at the newly created "inputUserMappings.xml", and compare it with my own one. If new lines were added - like in this case here - I add them back into my own in case the game shows this "invalid input" statement. It is for this reason I know the exact lines here.

So what I would like CD Project Red to do is adding the ability to change key assignments for the F key; or for all relevant actions (such as takedown, using an item etc) via the menu, so that I do not have to manually edit the xml-file every time.

Last edited:
I would contact the studio directly with this. It's definitely a good argument, and you've clearly shown it can be done relatively easily.

The only caveat is, the developers have on several occassions, both for CP2077 and TW3, stressed that they do not recommend people alter keybindings manually. Not sure why this is exactly, but they must have a reason.

I still think it's worth throwing it out there. At all times, we can but ask.

Not sure why this is exactly, but they must have a reason.
Yes. I think one reason is to prevent people from messing up their keybindings.

EDIT: I contacted the developers. Let's wait and see if they actually answer.

Last edited:
Having this problem but on 1.6, couldn’t put the string of code suggested in because some other code was occupying that position and code that said the same thing was there but lowwer down. Playing modded and can get modlist but any suggestions?

Top Bottom