Compensation for Midwinter Patch Fail

+
We really aren't owed anything. I agree that the game is not in a good state and it would have been great for it to be fixed a lot sooner than this but we aren't owed anything.

Philologus;n10299962 said:
No.. it makes a lot of sense. You're just purposely avoiding the issue that altaybek illustrated concerning novices easily being able to pilot an OP dwarf deck, against more skillful players who refuse to netdeck that particular archetype. Are there other archetypes that would work against dwarf decks (e.g. consume) on a consistent basis? Sure. But, there isn't even close to enough diversity right now, to build original decks that do so, and will be competitive in ranked. As a result, one is left with the choice of "joining the crowd" of less skillful players who play such decks, or lose-out.

In this case, it's not a contest of skill, 4RM3D.

Very cute, 4RM3D. You know what he meant by, "abuse".

This issue has nothing to do with skill. Dwarfs is simply one of if not they most consistent and strong decks in the game so people who don't mind using it who want to win are going to use it. That doesn't make them worse players.

StrykerxS77x;n10302332 said:
This issue has nothing to do with skill. Dwarfs is simply one of if not they most consistent and strong decks in the game so people who don't mind using it who want to win are going to use it. That doesn't make them worse players.

I disagree with you. They are the lowest common denominator.

Hint: keyword is "lowest"

coralzombie;n10302382 said:
I disagree with you. They are the lowest common denominator.

Hint: keyword is "lowest"

Being common says nothing about skill. Smart players who want to win are going to use the most powerful and consistent decks that they can find.

Clearly. The funny thing is I don't think I've lost to dwarves at any point the last 2 - 3 days, and I've reached the rank in which they are full in ranked.

If you think your opponents are "retards" then capitalize on their mistakes, or change your deck. You are clearly disinclined to do the latter, but doing the former is hard. Dwarves are not an easy deck to beat, but compared to the nightmare called Harald Axemen or most importantly Nekkers, I'd take Dwarves any day of the week. I'll have more fun this way too.

So much entitlement from op, and some other gamers, it's unreal.
People making games don't owe anything to players of their game. Players don't deserve anything. Just because you bought a game doesn't mean you own the developers. You didn't order a service, you bought a product. In this case not even that, it was free. So if you don't like it, don't play it. You can criticize, but other than that you are not owed anything.

namretsbol;n10303062 said:
So much entitlement from op, and some other gamers, it's unreal.
People making games don't owe anything to players of their game. Players don't deserve anything. Just because you bought a game doesn't mean you own the developers. You didn't order a service, you bought a product. In this case not even that, it was free. So if you don't like it, don't play it. You can criticize, but other than that you are not owed anything.

I agree. The request of compensation is absolutely ridiculous. You can be annoyed that balance isn't what you want but learn to suck it up. Belance will change from time to time and it won't be the last time you 'disagree'. You can't possibly expect cdpr to compensate everyone who refuses to play the meta or try to solve the meta and claim something from them.

StrykerxS77x;n10302502 said:
Being common says nothing about skill. Smart players who want to win are going to use the most powerful and consistent decks that they can find.

Lol.. using a dwarf deck takes no skill. Come on, Stryker, it's a brain-dead deck that is massively OP.

Dwarfs are honestly not that op. Ithlinne in that deck is, but that's one card.. most ciri nova decks are more auto pilot than that. Axeman and consume nekkars are way worst to play against. If you don't have answers, you lose. If you do, you may win. I just got to rank 18 with alchemy Ng, and wing about 2/3 of my games. So dwarfs are not really that crazy. Currently the strongest decks are consume nekkars, bear nova, Ng spy, henselt villen (with nenekke) and drawf. They all have their ups and downs, but won't say anyone is clearly better. That's one for each faction. Axeman, alchemy and reveal about tier 1.5. moon light monster is usable about tier 2. So to me, Ng have the most viable decks, and nekkars are way worse.. Gwent open nearly every one tech against it.

Dwarves have too much power in single bronzes. That's a problem. It makes them strong and very stable at the same time.
When in other decks most bronzes give you 10-11 points, in Dwarves bronzes give you 12-13 points. During the whole game it makes hella big diffrence.

Philologus;n10303642 said:
Lol.. using a dwarf deck takes no skill. Come on, Stryker, it's a brain-dead deck that is massively OP.

I said nothing in that post about the skill it takes to play a dwarf deck. I said players that want to win are going to use the best decks they can find.

I will say though that it doesn't take much skill to pilot any deck in this game.

Maybe I'm going to go a bit off-topic, but I want to share some thoughs with you all.
First, a bit of background. I'm not old, but I'm old enough to remember well a time when social media didn't exist. I've been playing videogames and rpgs since I was child, and played Magic as a teen, started maybe six months before the Homeland expansion hit, played maybe for two years (it was expensive, I was not good but I wasn't too bad either, but those were the years when nobody wanted to get beaten by a girl...). I still play videogames and still play rps, I've been playing with the same DM (and best friend) for the last twenty years.

From my perspective, there is something that bothers me. It started with the controversy around the Mass Effect 3 ending. And what bothers me is how social media has the ability to sway the creative proccess. It is good and all, that we, as consumers, can voice our concerns about a product, an even interact with the creators of those content. But sometimes I think we feel entitled to point directions to creators. That we are putting an unfair pressure on the creative process in order to attain what we like, and not what the creator intended.
Well, I didn't like the ME3 ending. But am I entitled to demand that they change it? Nope, because I'm not the creator, so I'll take my fury, my disappointment and my better regrets and I'll disscuss it with my friends, rant a lot, maybe while I chug it down with a coffee or a beer.

I've always feared the dictatorship of the minds of the few over the minds of the many. Now I think I fear a bit the dictatorship of the minds of the many, over the minds of the few.

And, no, I don´t like the unbalanced meta, I don't like the OP decks, I don't like the lore-unfriendly path Gwent seems to be taking, and I've been given the means to voice that concerns. But it is not my work, it is not my property and I don't like the "power of the masses" telling other people what should they do with their creative work.

Philologus;n10303642 said:

Are you putting forth the argument that two players of differing skill can't pilot that deck better than each other? That the person of lower skill has a good chance to beat the one of higher skill?

StrykerxS77x;n10304602 said:
I said nothing in that post about the skill it takes to play a dwarf deck. I said players that want to win are going to use the best decks they can find.

I will say though that it doesn't take much skill to pilot any deck in this game.

Dead on, and a Redpoint for you sir. Gwent's a relatively simple game, mechanically. The complexity lies in deckbuilding and reacting to game board situations, not in the actual play of decks. Most engines consist of at most three cards, usually only two. There are no real ways to protect them, so you either stick them or you don't. If you expect removal the skill element is trying to lure it out to sneak your important cards onto the board, or keeping multiples in hand or whatever.

Henselt decks can be quite complex to pilot, just because setting up a round 3 Henselt mega-play requires quite a bit of patience and winch manipulation, not to mention still managing to win one round on the way there. Other than that I can't think of any deck I can't construct and pilot competently inside three games of using it.

Last edited:
Cookie-Cutter Ranked Matches

So I grew my deck from scratch, from my own mind, tweaking it as I played and figured out ideas about what might work against what, etc. And I refuse to watch trends of exploits and unbalanced cards just to move up in the ranks. I want to whittle my deck and strategy from my own head, not from the internet, and be able to rise up. Right now I'm basically running in place at 16 and every single deck I face is a predictable netdeck'd, exploit-loving, unbalanced card-using bore.

I'd really love if there was some sort of Ranked Match for creative people instead of the cookie-cutter mickey mouse bullshit that it is right now.

/rant

StrykerxS77x;n10304602 said:

Okay. I actually agree with you on all accounts, with the exception of interjecting that some decks do require a bit of skill. But instead of going on a tangent, let's round back to the issue of Dwarf decks being so OP that those of less skill can beat more creative (i.e. better) players who don't want to net-deck. In other words, what twinkiegorilla said:

twinkiegorilla;n10306692 said:
So I grew my deck from scratch, from my own mind, tweaking it as I played and figured out ideas about what might work against what, etc. And I refuse to watch trends of exploits and unbalanced cards just to move up in the ranks. I want to whittle my deck and strategy from my own head, not from the internet, and be able to rise up. Right now I'm basically running in place at 16 and every single deck I face is a predictable netdeck'd, exploit-loving, unbalanced card-using bore.

I'd really love if there was some sort of Ranked Match for creative people instead of the cookie-cutter mickey mouse bullshit that it is right now.

/rant

Last edited:
Top Bottom