Competitive ruling: wangid2021

+
Kolemoen's Reddit comment on the topic (link here) said it best... the punishment is too light if it's cheating, should've been a ban from tournaments and Gwent altogether for a certain amount of time like the ProNeo case from 2019.

However, if it's a matter of WangID receiving an unfair advantage without colluding, it's difficult and unreasonable to pin it on the pro player's responsibility to notice and report soft-play/unusual forfeit when it only happens 1 in 27 matches, even if it's a few consecutive games at a time.

Lastly, the most questionable part of the whole situation is still CDPR's MMR deduction method as a punishment. Clearly they deducted the 3.7% on the total 10805 MMR WangID achieved instead of the 1205 portion gained on the base MMR to knock him just outside of the S3 Masters qualification, but what if his MMR was slightly higher at 10885 or 10900? Then this deduction method still won't be enough to knock him out and "keep the integrity of the Gwent Masters"...

Last edited:
"What the CN comunnity its trying to say for the rest of the world is "we have a huge base player, so if CDPR dont follow our rules, we will abandon the game and they will lost money".
What we want is CDPR treat players from China in the same way they treat players from other countries. Ban Hana because of COVID and did't let him back when the competition was changed to online. We had “五花膘” and “五花瞟”. And this, I stand with wangid side and stilll believe CDPR could do better by given more evidence.
But you misunderstood me point, what I did was not bring in CN comm in to make CDPR do something. i just saw that post about the face and I liked that part but I wanted to let him know it was over. The decision has been made and there is no need to waste time on the face part.

Threats are a mutual bargaining process, with mutual compromise on both sides, but most of us don't want to bargain now, we jsut quit. So went he talk about face part, I just want he know that that argument no longer make sense.

For the question you ask, I want see all cheater get banned and named in ano, and never let them back to this game so everyone know who's cheating and wont cheat. Butt under the premise of having a clear rule, nott like this, this 3.4%.

So, plz understand that what I said is the fact that we didn't "will", we already did, wish you good luck on your game, have a nice day even i disagree with the cheater part.
Post automatically merged:

Really REALLY well said. Spoken like a true lawyer!! The whole point of bringing the CN community into the picture and talking as though CDPR punished him only because he was from CN is ridiculous. As I told in my very first comment on this topic, CDPR definitely would know that this is going to affect a lot on their revenue as CN would be one of the biggest revenue generator and still they did it to show and prove that the integrity of the game matters more than the viewership and revenue.
The point I want to said at that point maybe that he got punished and his a CN, not becuase his CN, but not really matter now.
Some Negative Comments has been gien on the steam but it just like you break up with you gf in a unpeace way.
I agree with you last sen in this part and next part that game matters more. but from what i feel, this game still need better/clear rules that protect player and punish cheater.
Also, I hope CN players keep competing and joining the future tournaments to represent CN community. They had always been one of the most respected and great players (like Demarcation, Wangid, LordTriss).
same, I hope our player keep play but Demarcation already quit this game even before this judge. AND the CN community.... well, im not sure will there still have a community in the end of this year. I feel sad, people a angry, and then find nothing could change, they leave.

"Punishing one person doesn't mean CDPR punishes the whole community. "
for that part, the same things happend, Hana got lost his place due to the COVID for the master and didn't get reinvit end the game was online. The “五花膘” and “五花瞟” and this. such dishonored things happened 3 time and for us,it is hard not to think in thay way.

But whatever, wish you have a good game and enjoy your day.

Last edited:

rrc

Forum veteran
What we want is CDPR treat players from China in the same way they treat players from other countries. Ban Hana because of COVID and did't let him back when the competition was changed to online. We had “五花膘” and “五花瞟”. And this, I stand with wangid side and stilll believe CDPR could do better by given more evidence.
But you misunderstood me point, what I did was not bring in CN comm in to make CDPR do something. i just saw that post about the face and I liked that part but I wanted to let him know it was over. The decision has been made and there is no need to waste time on the face part.

Threats are a mutual bargaining process, with mutual compromise on both sides, but most of us don't want to bargain now, we jsut quit. So went he talk about face part, I just want he know that that argument no longer make sense.

For the question you ask, I want see all cheater get banned and named in ano, and never let them back to this game so everyone know who's cheating and wont cheat. Butt under the premise of having a clear rule, nott like this, this 3.4%.

So, plz understand that what I said is the fact that we didn't "will", we already did, wish you good luck on your game, have a nice day even i disagree with the cheater part.

The point I want to said at that point maybe that he got punished and his a CN, not becuase his CN, but not really matter now.
Some Negative Comments has been gien on the steam but it just like you break up with you gf in a unpeace way.
I agree with you last sen in this part and next part that game matters more. but from what i feel, this game still need better/clear rules that protect player and punish cheater.

same, I hope our player keep play but Demarcation already quit this game even before this judge. AND the CN community.... well, im not sure will there still have a community in the end of this year. I feel sad, people a angry, and then find nothing could change, they leave.

"Punishing one person doesn't mean CDPR punishes the whole community. "
for that part, the same things happend, Hana got lost his place due to the COVID for the master and didn't get reinvit end the game was online. The “五花膘” and “五花瞟” and this. such dishonored things happened 3 time and for us,it is hard not to think in thay way.

But whatever, wish you have a good game and enjoy your day.
You keep repeating Hana. As far as I know (and if I am wrong, I am truly sorry), the only reason Hana was going to be in Masters Season 1 was because LifeCoach who qualified for Masters said he was not interested to participate then.Covid happened and the tournament was postponed for a long time. When it was going to happen for real as an offline event, LC wanted to get back what was rightfully his (I don't know if he wanted in or CDPR requested him to give it a try, but nonetheless, it was rightfully his place). Covid didn't rob Hana's chance. Post Covid a lot of people's life changed upside down and may be LC realised that he could just try Gwent.

If not for Covid, Hana might have had his chance ONLY because LC didn't want to play then. Since anyhow the tournament was cancelled and happened after a long time, by then, LC got (or was given) what he earned.

I really think that the notion of whole of CN community will quit Gwent is just ridiculous. If that is really the case, the sooner the better as it would be very toxic relationship to maintain for CDPR ('if you disqualify any person from our community, we will all stop playing' is such a bad relationship to maintain). I wish none of this happened. I still respect WangID as one of the best players. But this season, he had lost his chance and may be next year he can come back with vengence.

Anyhow, I don't want to keep discussing this topic more as it is done and dusted.

I don't understand the reason behind all the posts about the Gwent community in China, and China itself. This issue has absolutely nothing to do with that.
WangID is not a "Chinese" Gwent player, he's simply a Gwent player. That's it!. His country of origin is irrelevant.
Why does the Chinese Gwent community perceive this as a personal attack on them and their country? It isn't, no one is attacking you and there's nothing that needs to be protected.

If WangID had been from a different country, other players from the same country would not have considered this to be an issue, why would they?

Someone here said:
What we want is CDPR treat players from China in the same way they treat players from other countries...
Who says they don't ? Even just mentioning this gives the impression that because WangID is from China, he should be treated differently.

Let's keep it simple, and leave politics and nationalities out of the discussion.

Last edited:
Since Wangid is a Chinese Gwent streamer who regularly streams Gwent, participates in open qualifiers, tournaments and won tournaments throughout years now. There are enough data, past evidence, match records and tournament results to indicate his competitive capability, skills and integrity. In this particular case, I assume CDPR ignored all his track record mentioned above, unilateral imposed sanction onto Wangid without communication, damaged a renowned player's reputation based on presumption of guilt, disqualified Wangid from participating in the World Master 3 with questionable 3.7% total MMR deduction. This is very shady, disrespectful and disgraceful from CDPR's part.

In order to accuse a player colludes with others and manipulate the pro ladder result, furthermore, Implies the person as a cheater. One definitely needs concrete evidence with sufficient amount of match records with its date, timeframe, report of suspicious behavior, explanation of the materials provided that clearly indicates the accused is involved in the suspicious behaviors.

The fact that CDPR decides to impose sanction on such a player like Wangid, accusing him colludes with other players, implying him as a cheater and disqualifying him without any direct evidence to support the claim makes my jaw drop on the floor. I hope CDPR would follow up this case with materials, concrete evidence to support their accusation, meanwhile provide chance and platform for Wangid to justify himself for there are always two sides of a story.

Multiple people witnessed Wangid participated in wintradings or multiple people witnessed Wangid's opponent softplayed him during his stream? There are huge difference between the two cases.

The former one requires concrete evidence to support the claim, the later one is just normal on pro ladder and especially common for every streamer I've seen, random forfeits and disconnections, ridiculous misplay follow up with instant forfeits, deck building and random plays with zero sense. Not mentioning viewers' questionable stream snipe behaviors, isn't this normal in streams? If the circumstances point to the later one, to make a claim that a streamer involves in cheating actions, one needs huge amount of sufficient and concrete evidences, I have not seen any of them so far in CDPR's communication. In fact, based on what I have read, CDPR did not even attempt to communicate with Wangid to get first hand information makes my jaw drop on the floor.
Not participated in wintrading because CDPR didn't strictly state that.

Check out rrc's comment on the same page as yours. It's a great one which provides a good argument and shares an insightful video from Speci.

Top Bottom