Complain about crafting/mill mechanism

+
PS4 plyer here.

Ok I think this system simply isn't fair . In order to craft 1 gold I need 800 scraps but when I mill gold card I get only 200. Bronze cards are worth only 10-20 scraps.

So how I can create different decent decks with different factions if I don't have good cards.

In my case I play with Monster and Skellige faction so in order to have decent Skellige and Monster deck I literally had to mill entire Nillfgard and Skoiatel deck all bronze ,silver and gold cards . And still I don't have 5-6 gold cards from both Skellige and Monster faction.

So in order to have those gold cards I need to pretty much become lifeless and play Gwent entire day just to get those gold cards so that I can change and try new deck.

I don't mind losing that is not point. I never copy deck I always create my own I am doing pretty well with those decks around 50 % -50% ratio. Problem is I like to try new unique deck that I will build on my own. I want to try new deck and new tactics but I simply can't because I don't have appropriate cards that will have synergy with decks I want to build. Its not about losing its simply the fact that I realise my deck can't be strong enough because of lack of cards that will work with my deck idea. Not to mention that I can't even play with Nillfgard and Scoiatel faction because of reasons mentioned above.

Now in new Gwent half of those silver cards will become gold so how on earth am I supposed to craft them.

Don't get me wrong I am regular guy with job and I also like gaming so I play other games too but after finishing them I always return to Gwent.I really did spend huge amount of time into this game and still I only have 2 decent faction and one barely tolerable (north realms).

I want to try something new but in order to do that I need to spend countless hours before I could realise that.

Look at other CCGs. In this genre it is normal that crafting costs so much more scraps.
And yeah, at the beginning it can take some time to get enough scraps but it‘s still not that bad. Sooner or later you‘ll have more scraps than you can use.

Besides: on December 4th you‘ll get full mill value for ALL of your cards. Gwent Homecoming will be released on consoles that day.

Look at other CCGs. In this genre it is normal that crafting costs so much more scraps.
And yeah, at the beginning it can take some time to get enough scraps but it‘s still not that bad. Sooner or later you‘ll have more scraps than you can use.

Besides: on December 4th you‘ll get full mill value for ALL of your cards. Gwent Homecoming will be released on consoles that day.
Yeah but point is I love this game I put more time in her than in any other game (except Witcher 3 which I beat 3 times) but also I can't fully enjoy in all charms this game has to offer.

Question :

I heard that we will get full value for all our cards but for example I have 6 same bronze cards so will I get full value for all 6 or just 2 of them which is new bronze limit ?

Devire is correct, you get value of all cards, duplicate or not, even if you have more copies that can be shown (ie 10+)

Devire is correct, you get value of all cards, duplicate or not, even if you have more copies that can be shown (ie 10+)

Silver cards now don't exist and their value was 200 scraps. So how much value we will get from silver card that is gold now. Will we get 200 or 800 scraps.

Silver cards now don't exist and their value was 200 scraps. So how much value we will get from silver card that is gold now. Will we get 200 or 800 scraps.

200. They are simply cheaper golds :)

Also, I used to feel the same as you, but quickly discovered I have a full collection suddenly later on :p

The thing is that this game is free to play, but it still needs to monetise. In order to get a huge collection very fast, you need to pay. Or, if you don't want to pay money, you have to play really much. It's how these games keep a player base while also making some money.

PS4 plyer here.

Ok I think this system simply isn't fair . In order to craft 1 gold I need 800 scraps but when I mill gold card I get only 200. Bronze cards are worth only 10-20 scraps.

So how I can create different decent decks with different factions if I don't have good cards.

In my case I play with Monster and Skellige faction so in order to have decent Skellige and Monster deck I literally had to mill entire Nillfgard and Skoiatel deck all bronze ,silver and gold cards . And still I don't have 5-6 gold cards from both Skellige and Monster faction.

So in order to have those gold cards I need to pretty much become lifeless and play Gwent entire day just to get those gold cards so that I can change and try new deck.

I don't mind losing that is not point. I never copy deck I always create my own I am doing pretty well with those decks around 50 % -50% ratio. Problem is I like to try new unique deck that I will build on my own. I want to try new deck and new tactics but I simply can't because I don't have appropriate cards that will have synergy with decks I want to build. Its not about losing its simply the fact that I realise my deck can't be strong enough because of lack of cards that will work with my deck idea. Not to mention that I can't even play with Nillfgard and Scoiatel faction because of reasons mentioned above.

Now in new Gwent half of those silver cards will become gold so how on earth am I supposed to craft them.

Don't get me wrong I am regular guy with job and I also like gaming so I play other games too but after finishing them I always return to Gwent.I really did spend huge amount of time into this game and still I only have 2 decent faction and one barely tolerable (north realms).

I want to try something new but in order to do that I need to spend countless hours before I could realise that.
When I started playing I focused on the faction I was familiar with from Witcher 3.northern realms I picked all northern realm cards and neutrals from kegs until I could build a good deck. I bought the starter pack and played daily for at least an hour. Back then though I seemed matched with players on my level though. By the midwinter update I had all the scraps I needed, however I bought kegs to get the new cards. Some people mill all their other factions to build one good deck. I'm against that though.

The color of cards may have changed, but the rarity didnt. Gold is still 800 to craft, purple 200 blue 100 and white 80

a second mill button would be nice where it also mills standard cards which have premiums

Last edited:
Top Bottom