Complete Edition finally announced, but that box art...

+
I suspect it'll have something to do with the trend in the US market to have to have a character on the box art. Witcher 3's box art was nowhere near as bad as the Enhanced Edition for Witcher 2 though. That thing was ghastly and they both pale in comparison to the first game's boxart's simple elegance.

The box art is indeed terrible. Nothing against Geralt, but damn it is just so generic. For GOTY edition something special should be used. The one with Ciri and Geralt standing back to back would be great, for example.
A shame.

The box art is indeed terrible. Nothing against Geralt, but damn it is just so generic. For GOTY edition something special should be used. The one with Ciri and Geralt standing back to back would be great, for example.
A shame.

I second that!

I liked that cover as well. Awesome picture!

Literally any other art would've been good, that's one of my least favourites they ever made for the game.

an ugly loud yellow banner across the box
Looks like Police Line Do Not Cross tape. Dishonored GOTY Edition had a nice cover:
Simple yet beautiful. IMHO, usual image of the witchers' medallion would be the best.

I happened to come across the GOTY edition in an anime store I accidentally discovered, doesn't look all that bad in my opinion, that stupid logo of the USK (German game rating authority) is actually more annoying and unnecessary at that

View attachment 72300

EDIT: sorry, I just can't get the image to show up properly, I've tried-.-

Attachments

• P_20160916_155836.jpg
    P_20160916_155836.jpg
    410 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
The cover was ugly last year, it's still ugly now. There's just nothing creative on it, it's super ordinary.
Something like this would have been better.

Top Bottom