Completed TW3 for first time, had the worst possible ending, sad, please help :(

+
Completed TW3 for first time, had the worst possible ending, sad, please help :(

hello,
there are major sad spoilers, so if you haven't completed the game yet, you shouldn't be in this subforum in the first place,

so, i completed the game and had the worst possible ending: Ciri dies, Geralt inside the witch house in the swamp, holding Vesemir's medallion against his forehead, a storm coming, and hundreds of angry monsters coming towards him :( poor Geralt

i completed everything but gwynta, (i always loose, i don't like it) completed every major and and not-so-important- sidequests, scavenger hunts, witcher contracts, etc, i always tried to do the best for ciri and the other characters,
went with ciri to see Emhyr, didn't took the reward, played snowball with her, visited Skjall's grave, , i don't know...

question: did every sidequest and request from triss and Yennefer, and there was not a single romance-scene? when/where is the "unicorn scene!?"

so, could someone could point me in the right direction with a simple guide to get the best ending? :)

thanks

(i completed the game yesterday and wanted to post this here, and the forums were offline, and i had to wait in loneliness and sadness :( )

where are Triss and Yennefer? i only found them when doing their quests

Last edited:
The unicorn scene was on Skellige during the main quest "The King Is Dead - Long Live The King". Triss has her scene with Geralt in the lighthouse after the "Now or Never" side quest if I remember correctly.

It's strange that you got the bad ending with the 3 positive choices you say you picked. The other positive choices were letting Ciri visit the Lodge of Sorceresses on her own and wreck Avallach's laboratory with her.

Also, these 2 ending guides will help you out to see what you did wrong (full of spoilers of course): http://www.vg247.com/2015/05/28/the-witcher-3-how-to-get-the-best-ending/ and http://www.tentonhammer.com/guides/...ding-guide-every-ending-and-romance-disclosed

The unicorn scene w/ Yen is when you attend the funeral at Skellege and are searching for the mask. At the end of the quest (after fighting the stuffed animals etc) the room starts to fill w/ gas. You can either say, get us out of here or I want to kiss you. If you say get us out of here, you are ported out and miss out on your first love scene w/ Yen. You must tell her you want to kiss her. Then she ports back to the room, says something about needing to fix her outfit. You must then reply that you would like to watch. Now you can have unicorn sex. You get a 2nd chance at lovemaking w/ Yen later in the game but only if you have sex on the unicorn initially.

For Triss, you must compete her quests. A big deal to secure her is during the mascerade. If you don't kiss her when you have the chance, you will not have a chance to romance/sleep w/ her regardless what you do after that. If you kiss her when you have the option, you must get her to stay w/ you when she is going to leave w/ the mages. Big thing there is to say I love you.

Once the game ends, Triss and Yen are gone forever.. Even if you can find them between quests (near the end of the game) there is really nothing to say to them.

Here is a link guiding through the different endings/steps needed to get there.
http://www.vg247.com/2015/05/28/the-witcher-3-how-to-get-the-best-ending/

Sadly Triss and Yen are gone once the main game is completed. Romance scenes with Triss and Yen are actually not that easy to miss. So I'm surprised you didn't see one of them. But yeah the links previously posted will guide you in the right direction.

From what you say you should have gotten a different ending. Either it's a bug or you misread something - for example when Geralt is offered money after bringing Ciri. Anyway it's a bummer.

Last edited:
Watched this ending on youtube, pretty depressing. I've completed the game twice now and never even knew of this ending. It looked like Geralt lost the will to live and surrendered himself to death in the witch house. I feel for ya to get this ending after all the hours of playing.

Monxey

Forum regular
i feel you i got the sad ending as well and i almost cried.
at the end, when dandelion talks about what happened, he said "As for Ciri? That's hard to say, Since the events on Undvik, she has yet to be seen", which i think it means she's not 100% dead,
anyways i started from an old save, made the right choices and now Ciri is a witcher.
there are guides if you google on how to get the good endings and stuff.

From what I can tell you HAVE to kill Radovid, or help in that plot to kill him in order to get ANY of the good endings... can anyone confirm?

---------- Updated at 07:17 PM ----------

Also, I feel your pain man... I did everything I could for Ciri, and all of my dialogue with her was VERY VERY supportive, in a fatherly type way. I got the worst ending possible and that sucked ass... what a depressing couple of days... I literally had trouble sleeping.

I think that the swamp scene should have been handled similarly to the Triss "boat" scene.

Imagine this... Geralt is in the swamp, he's killed the Crone and is just about to give up on life clutching the wolf pendant.

The monsters swarm... Geralt looks to the door with surprise... it's Ciri. They hug briefly as he lifts her from the ground. She says something like "Why are you here silly or Why so sad Geralt" or something sappy... next boom, she teleports them to Kaer Mohren or another location (new location with Yen if they patch it in somedaysoon)... boom, she explains her trial, and that it's time she becomes a witcher... from then on you can see Ciri and talk to her in Yen's place during your "post" gameplay. Also, Triss could come by, etc etc and it would just have to be a smart circle of pop ins that would seem real as if all of your characters were living in harmony.

Ahhh... if only.

---------- Updated at 07:34 PM ----------

i feel you i got the sad ending as well and i almost cried.
at the end, when dandelion talks about what happened, he said "As for Ciri? That's hard to say, Since the events on Undvik, she has yet to be seen", which i think it means she's not 100% dead,
anyways i started from an old save, made the right choices and now Ciri is a witcher.
there are guides if you google on how to get the good endings and stuff.

Did you take out Radovid?

Radovid has nothing to do with Ciri. If you don't kill him or let Djikstra win then you will get Witcher ending for Ciri if you made good/possitive choices. Not killing Radovid only blocks - affects emperor ending as far as i know from my experience. (i did main storyline 5 times).

i skipped the assassination missions, so Radovid is alive. and no you don't have to kill him. (SPOILER ALERT). the good endings depends on your response to some of Ciri's dialogues . you need to make her feel confident about her self if you want the good 2 endings, the different between the 2 good endings is, seeing her father before fighting Imlerith. if you do, she become emperor, if you don't she become a witcher,

i skipped the assassination missions, so Radovid is alive. and no you don't have to kill him. (SPOILER ALERT). the good endings depends on your response to some of Ciri's dialogues . you need to make her feel confident about her self if you want the good 2 endings, the different between the 2 good endings is, seeing her father before fighting Imlerith. if you do, she become emperor, if you don't she become a witcher,

hi all what is that all about bad endings good endings threads? have i missed something here=? Is geralt DEAD ciri DEAD are there scenes where you see the Witcher get killed ciri is vaporised=?
dont players have anymore imaginations/Just to go and READ some guidlines to satisfiyng theyr needs to have a Ending they want not what the Gameplay gives you=?
Let me explain why i Love all possible Endings hope you will understand that i dont bring the books in to the game as i looking them as a guidline/Helping to understand some lore.I only taking the 3 GAMES and summ them up.

You dont need to be sad if you think is the worst thing happen with ciri an geralt.l will put some Facts together after my playtrough for YOU:

First Cirilla is not the Center of the UNIVERSE,if shes gone and decided never come back then the reason are simpel and Facts,1.remember when she sayd to Travel sitting on campfires etc.See the World (Time and Space woman)She is Eagger to Explore.2.When you are with here in the Lab from Avalac she realise at that point who she rly ARE there are 2 choices to make what ever you choose there are either you give here the amulet responsible or say its your Destiny or destroy the lab and the meaning of this is fuck this shiat.
For me the main plot is Kaer Morhen i dont know why people dont have mention that before: After the witcher dies she started a HAvoc who almost Killed evryone/evrywhere Friends or foe dosnt matter=Xmen last stand Wolverine/PHoenix/Jean ring a bell=?most people dont like it either.And avalac will not be evrytime there to save her Friends..And thats the the main REASON she will never come back to this World not because she dosnt like it or dont be emperres she dont want to jeopardize the life of her beloved Friends.i can go on and on iam full of other more darker visions but hey its a game based on a book with alot of freedom in it thx CDPR :)ANd thats why there is no bad endings for Ciri build the world around here not vice/versa.

ps.geraldo have fulfilled hes oath/Last Wish for ciri to Kill the waterhag :) nothing more or less there are tons of movies/Games out there where you can see its always against all odds in the END the Witcher wins :)
and to say thats sad/worst possible endings then go take a guidline and make yourself happy but the witcher will still have many problems to solve.

I feel you. But, while I wasn't too happy when I found about what factors determined the ending, I actually really enjoyed the epilogue quest. More than the last few hours of racing to defeat the big baddies in black armour. I thought everything from the time of day and music, to the encounters with the werewolf and the peasants set the tone perfectly and brought things back to a more personal and morally grey level.

The ending though did leave me depressed for a few hours

For any of those think that Ciri is dead, you are WRONG,if you notice at the sad ending where Dandelion tells things what happens later,He says „As for Ciri?Thats hard to saySince the events of Undvik,she has yet to be seen.That means that Ciri is not actually dead

I assumed CDPR left enough room for the player to decide what happens next. For all we know Ciri teleports to where Geralt is and he regains his will to fight. They then proceed to slaughter every monster that comes out of the swamp.

I also got the bad ending and I'm speechless. It is so mean. My idea was to avoid any risky actions like destroying the lab. I noticed that Ciri starts to doubt Geralts love and that she feels overprotected. I know, you have to make really heartless decisions to get this ending, but I was so focused on winning against the Wild Hunt that I didn't realize her issue, which is: do her friends value her as a human being with emotionaI needs or is she just the elder blood and object of a fight? I just thought Geralt can be kind after the mission is done, but now she is gone. The worst thing is that she probably died feeling lonely, angry and unloved. Maybe she still lives in another world and decided to be alone. Is there any hope some addon will refer to the specific ending you have? I can't believe that this is really the end of it. :(

Well if you do kill Radovid AND let Roche take over AND take Ciri to the Emhyr then you get the empress ending instead of the witcher ending.

Best thing is not to even take her to see the Emhyr.

It all depends on your point of view an priorities. Yours can be the greater good and therefore be happy with ciri becoming empress, or being a dick for making her leave (just kidding). But for me the most important thing in the game is Ciri and her happiness, I place myself in geralts shoes. I couldn't give a crap about the greater good, as long as ciri is happpy Im happy. The empress ending is not bad but it isn't good either, so go for witcheress ciri :hug:

Top Bottom