Completely reworked Leaders?

+
Depends a lot on the new mechanic, but it seems that leaders will be much stronger now on... i like that!

I think it was pretty necessary change for leaders to add power to them. With this they could balance them much better without changing their ability and if some leader get played too much, they could simply lower his power and add power to less played leaders.

I dunno .. I think it's a fresh rework that was much needed
I really didn't see anything that seemed unplayable
ofcourse the OB will not take long for players to find breaking points..
but hey...it's still in beta form so it's to be expected
I have high hopes that these much needed changes will effect the game play in more positive than negative ways

working around the faction's ability did feel restrictive. I'm hoping the nerf opens up more interesting combos and interactions between the leaders and units giving each deck more character.

Last edited:
Yeah, most important changes are really god and I´m super happy with them - no faction ability, extra mulligans, leaders with power and weather change. But CD is really bad with individual card balance, there are some new totally OP cards and some totally unplayable.

I really liked this change. Gives more consistency to the game. Now its like you have a guaranteed one gold draw. The mulligans on all rounds also increase consistency minimizing the rng even further.

The changes are thoughtful and damn necessary, since it was basically impossible to balance the different faction and leader abilities. Before that, it was obvious that some were -just by design- so much better than the rest resulting in almost exclusive use of Brouver Hoog, Morvran and Dagon. By removing the faction passive and adding a 2nd regulating variable to the leaders (their power), they created alot of additional design space. I <3 it!

God_of_Eredin;n8547860 said:
Another beta where the devs don't listen to the testers and just make changes that they should not be making.
People complain about netdecking -> now you have a whole new game to solve on release
People complain about lack of variety -> now you have multiple viable leaders
People complain about how broken monster and ST passive are -> they remove the passives (finally!)
People complain about gold spam -> NR is reworked
People complain about Elven Mercenary spam -> mercenary get slightly nerfed
People complain about weather -> weather reworked (in a reasonable way)

I'd say they listen, and deliver. This patch is going to be amazing, too bad you can't appreciate it.

Isi23_23;n8548190 said:
Yeah, most important changes are really god and I´m super happy with them - no faction ability, extra mulligans, leaders with power and weather change. But CD is really bad with individual card balance, there are some new totally OP cards and some totally unplayable.
Meh for now the only unplayable cards i've seen are normal Geralt (the nerf was uncalled for) and Kayran. The new Kayran is really terrible for CA. But if Tibor did see play i assume the new Kayran will as well. Tibor that got buffed again if i'm not mistaken.

Last edited:
God_of_Eredin;n8547860 said:
Another beta where the devs don't listen to the testers and just make changes that they should not be making.

Yeah I'm with the crowd on this one. Looking forward to the open beta!

dmaster2;n8549600 said:
people complain about netdecking -> now you have a whole new game to solve on release
people complain about lack of variety -> now you have multiple viable leaders
people complain about how broken monster and st passive are -> they remove the passives (finally!)
people complain about gold spam -> nr is reworked
people complain about elven mercenary spam -> mercenary get slightly nerfed
people complain about weather -> weather reworked (in a reasonable way)

i'd say they listen, and deliver. This patch is going to be amazing, too bad you can't appreciate it.

Meh for now the only unplayable cards i've seen are normal geralt (the nerf was uncalled for) and kayran. The new kayran is really terrible for ca. But if tibor did see play i assume the new kayran will as well. Tibor that got buffed again if i'm not mistaken.

qft

Top Bottom