Computer shut off

+
Hi! Leaving it here, hopes to cdpr address the issue
On some point my pc automatically shut off , i dont care anymore on flatline errror or whatsoever please prioritize the hard crash :(
v1.03, v1.04 and v1.05 problem still persist

Found a page not only me encountering pc hard reboot, also ps4 encountering hard crash on console.
https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/kafm9s
edit:
additional report page

Last edited:
Hi! [...]
On some point my pc automatically shut off , i dont care anymore on flatline errror or whatsoever please prioritize the hard crash :(
v1.03, v1.04 and v1.05 problem still persist

Hello, i was playing cyberpunk 2077 and my pc had shut down while in the middle of the game. My computer has not done this for any other game so far besides cyberpunk, so what could be the issue here? I am probably thinking that my CPU might not be getting enough power, but it would most likely crash the game or result in a BSOD - could the CPU not getting enough power cause a whole system to shutdown?

My other thought is it could have been temperatures, but my CPU cooler is one of the best + I've not seen my CPU go over 74c. As for my GPU i have not seen it go over 66c. I wasn't able to get a look at my temps during game because it shut down before i checked, but i doubt cyberpunk was able to increase the temps so much to where it would turn off.

Then my last thought could be my power supply, but I've not had any problems with it since i bought it in February. Could it not be enough to supply my whole system when running this game?

Some other notes i would like to point out is i had to switch off the PSU and then back on in order for the PC to turn on again with the power button and the GPU fans started to spin at full speed for about 10 seconds when i first turned it on. I'm so confused on what this could be and I'm afraid to play this game again until i know the issue is resolved. Thanks

Specs:
CPU: RYZEN 5800x
GPU: RTX 3080
PSU: Corsair RMx 750w Gold Modular

Sounds pretty much like it's the power supply. These kind of crashes appear when there are voltage spikes. It could also be a broken 8 pin connector or an unattached cable. Make sure to use all 8-pin connectors on your GPU and try to replace cables. If that didn't help, try a bigger power supply, like 800W platinum, or 850W gold. Some 30-series card have a higher power limit than their reference cards from Nvidia.

This could be a driver issue and not a game issue. Assuming your psu is good and your system is otherwise stable this would indicate a gpu over current protection being tripped. You can try and limit the gpu power, and or lower the gpu voltage/clocks and see if the issue still happens.

Sounds pretty much like it's the power supply. These kind of crashes appear when there are voltage spikes. It could also be a broken 8 pin connector or an unattached cable. Make sure to use all 8-pin connectors on your GPU and try to replace cables. If that didn't help, try a bigger power supply, like 800W platinum, or 850W gold. Some 30-series card have a higher power limit than their reference cards from Nvidia.
Hi already reseat all cables, My other games did'nt restart my pc weird.
Post automatically merged:

This could be a driver issue and not a game issue. Assuming your psu is good and your system is otherwise stable this would indicate a gpu over current protection being tripped. You can try and limit the gpu power, and or lower the gpu voltage/clocks and see if the issue still happens.
Hi already experimented some settings like limiting the gpu power , lowering the voltages and down clocked still the game rebooting my pc.

i would try downclocking a bit more on the gpu, ofc checking all cables is a great idea as well. check the cpu power and 24pin pull them out and put them in and make sure they sit flat and have no black burn marks on the pins.

i would try downclocking a bit more on the gpu, ofc checking all cables is a great idea as well. check the cpu power and 24pin pull them out and put them in and make sure they sit flat and have no black burn marks on the pins.
black burn marks?? that would be a big YIKES xD

Specs:
Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 stock, voltage stock, no o.c configuration
msi b350 tomahawk arctic
16gb ram g.skill trident
4 hdd sata 7200rpm
1 m.2 nvme 500gb
msi gaming x gtx 1080
240mm aio water cool
620watts seasonic bronze
x5 fan 1,200 rpm
x1 fan 3,000 rpm

This is my gpu current settings via msi afterburner 1750mhz, 0.950v

Its driving me nuts and it's really strange only cp2077 reboots my pc other games didn't. :(

Last edited:
what is your ram config? speed timings?
I didn't change the ram config leaving into defaults (auto). I only use the xmp profile to run the ram into 3200mhz.
On page i shared earlier ps4 also encountering hard crash on console.

Open up your reliability monitor by clicking on your search bar in the taskbar and typing in "Reliability" The icon will look like a blue flag. It will open a window that looks like this:

Most of the time when windows craps out, it will keep a log of why it went down. Most of the time. This is always a good place to start looking because, most of the time, there will be some clue as to why your system may have shut down here. If it was an issue with either the PSU, or CPU or GPU power consumption, there would be a critical failure event called "Kernel Power" which means something cut power to the windows kernel. Clicking the technical details link on the side MAY shed more light on what it is, but, most of the time it will just say something along the lines of the kernel losing power. Either way, this would indicate some sort of power issue and would give you a place to start.

Edit: I put a heavy emphasis on "most of the time" because windows troubleshooting tools are historically vague, giving you stupid messages like "Windows shut down unexpectedly" but never telling you WHY it shut down. This is a good first step to take, but, if you don't see ANY critical errors in the reliability monitor, that doesn't necessarily mean it's NOT a power issue, it just means that whatever it is, it's killing windows before windows has a chance to protect itself. If this is the case, you'll see a bunch of messages like I have highlighted above, where "Windows shut down unexpectedly" is the only hint you'll get.

At that juncture, you'll need some better tools to troubleshoot this. If it's a power issue, using a tool like furmark to stress test the system may help you out. If the system goes down running furmark, it's definitely related to primary components like the CPU/GPU. Maybe even the PSU. I wouldn't rule it out, but it wouldn't be my go-to starting point, as the issue only occurs in Cyberpunk. Not only that, but, there's no real way to troubleshoot a PSU aside from checking/changing cables and swapping it out entirely. With a CPU/GPU, you have more flexibility to check things, like your core clock speeds, CPU/GPU temperatures, TDP etc.

Last edited:
Open up your reliability monitor by clicking on your search bar in the taskbar and typing in "Reliability" The icon will look like a blue flag. It will open a window that looks like this:

Most of the time when windows craps out, it will keep a log of why it went down. Most of the time. This is always a good place to start looking because, most of the time, there will be some clue as to why your system may have shut down here. If it was an issue with either the PSU, or CPU or GPU power consumption, there would be a critical failure event called "Kernel Power" which means something cut power to the windows kernel. Clicking the technical details link on the side MAY shed more light on what it is, but, most of the time it will just say something along the lines of the kernel losing power. Either way, this would indicate some sort of power issue and would give you a place to start.
Thank you sir for the information, I'll check that afterward.
I forgot to mention on eventviewer i also saw the "Kernel Power" the reason why the system shut off. I want to try the reliability monitoring.

620w could be cutting it close for all the things you have in that build, and just because your not over the total average wattage your transiant power spikes could be a bit too much. lots of fans and 4 hdd plus a water pump. that 1080 is 254w card. so yea might just be a bit under sized psu. also keep in mind that psu's lose power over time. so if the system is running hard for many hours the psu will slowly lose its total power ability. I think they say like up to 15% per year. i would expect its much less than that because your not in a worst case senario most of the time.

Your power supply is not known for being stable with high compute loads. https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/pc-rebooting-randomly.2835559/

I would bet money that if you were to do real stress and stability tests, you would find the system is in fact not stable and it has nothing to do with any one game.

It is quite common for instability to surface seemingly with one game only. But the reality is, the PC was unstable and the game triggers it because a new release game is going to push hardware much harder than previous generation games.

Or, it could be a GPU driver issue, but my money would be on that power supply. Sorry you are going through this, as I know it is not what any gamer wants to hear.

might be possible the power phases are not so great on that mobo any longer too, if i recall correctly it only uses 4phase vrm for that cpu. And that could be causing issues if one of the phases has been getting hit hard too long. i know a buddy who has that board and he fried one of the stages lol. he was running a 2700x tho.

have you run a prime95 test on the cpu yet? watch your vrm temps in HWinfo64 (sensors only on loading) if it passes for a while and temps look fine then maybe do like 10threads in prime and a furmark and see if it shuts down.

Last edited:
Top Bottom