Comrades' Hammer: opinions?

+
Just hung it up in my stash room this very eve, ridiculously fun gun to 'settle disputes' with, but figured it'd look better legendaried up on the wall seeing as I'm quickhacking the bejeezuz out of most bad guys anyway at this point. Love it.

I'm not sure what version of Comrade's Hammer you were using, but this gun is nothing short of completely and hilariously overpowered. The closest comparison I have is that anti-matter Auto-Mag from Dollman.

The benefits:
* A Tech gun that has incredible high base damage.
* Explosive effect that can hit multiple targets in a single shot.
* Applied fire damage for consistent damage after the initial shot.
* The ability to shoot through walls and other cover.
* Easy stat investment with 6 Body to use the gun, and then handgun perks that focus in Crit Damage, Crit Chance, Headshot Damage, and Grand Finale to double the damage the gun deals outright (applied after you fire it, so you won't see this reflected in the stats display).
* ZERO charge time, when compared to other Tech weapons you have to hold a charge on and release automatically making them have a slight learning curve to use, this gun functions much like any other pistol.

Drawbacks:
* Low ammo capacity, but this is made a key advantage because of the Grand Finale perk making every shot double-damage.
* Slow reload, which can be somewhat mitigated by reload speed perks in the Handgun skill tree.
* Only available after the Heist, meaning you'll want to quickly rush through the first chapter of the game to get this gun ASAP.
* Must be crafted, crafting in this game is overpowered, but it does divert some of your Attribute and Perk points.

Essentially by about level 13 this should be close to- if not outright -the most powerful weapon in your arsenal, able to one-shot most enemies easily and from the safety of cover. It's disadvantages are easily negated with perks, and it can be upgraded to end-game very easily, meaning you won't notice drop-offs in its effectiveness after a few level-ups. This gun is so incredible that I've delegated it to, "only if I can't be bothered" status, meaning that I use other weapons, but when I'm not interested in a fight, I pull this gun out to end it one or two shots and move on. This pistol is more than worthy of the title of "Comrade", it is my battlefield compatriot.

That's not true. Many weapons 1shot even bosses with the right perks and mods. The biggest drawback of the gun is that it's complete overkill.
And that's exactly what advertisement of Burya gun (which is a basis for Comrades Hammer) tells us - "Pure Overkill"!

Attachments

• overkill.jpeg
    overkill.jpeg
    82.4 KB · Views: 51
But tossing a grenade will do that, and doesn't use up one of your weapon slots.
With respect but this statement feels like asking why use a precision rifle when there's an assault rifle.
But answer to your question would be: A grenade is a arc-like weapon with 'long' delay between activation and explosion effect whereas the handgun is a direct line of sight weapon with very short activaton/effect delay.

They are completely different weapon types.

For the record, I like my weapons big and brutal, and handguns (even the clint eastwood type) I dont particulairly care much about, sorry ;)

At the same time, if Comrades Hammer is considered as "too overpowered", maybe Protoype Mark V, Overwatch,O-Five, Crash or Archangel are also "too overpowered".
It's not the "too overpowered weapons" who miss in Cyberpunk :D

At the same time, if Comrades Hammer is considered as "too overpowered", maybe Protoype Mark V, Overwatch,O-Five, Crash or Archangel are also "too overpowered".
It's not the "too overpowered weapons" who miss in Cyberpunk :D
With the way how I play the DWS is also overpowered, so is the Fenrir. Just pretend its a HMG and spray. And for the DWS specifically .. look in the general direction of where enemies are :D
And I've come to really love the SOR-22 also. I'm almost inclined to think they use sniper ammo as form of "balancing" them
If only I could put a proper scope on it, a half-decent sniper weapon with 9-clip size ... can't not like that :)

With good mods and perks, even the most basic craftable knife (uncommon) could become "too overpowered" :)
17K damage, one-shot everything...

So Comrades' Hammer have his place in V's arsenal, for sure :)

With good mods and perks, even the most basic craftable knife (uncommon) could become "too overpowered" :)
17K damage, one-shot everything...

So Comrades' Hammer have his place in V's arsenal, for sure :)
Possibly this is what makes CP77 so satisfying at times. you can make every weapon powerful enough to have a blast with it.
It dont matter if you wanna play OP sniper, OP revolver, OP rifle or OP knife, everything has a potential to make that one-shot kill, and sometimes in the most spectacular fashion.
And then I'm not even counting that each weapontype already comes with a special feature of some kind.

I agree with Joe_Oni, I prefer using the regular RT-46 Burya. Even without the explosion from the Comrade's Hammer, the RT-46 Burya is just a one shot kill machine with the right perks plus you don't need to reload every time you shoot it. You may not be able to wipe out Adam Smasher in one shot with it, but you can still create a build dealing enough damage to make that fight very short.

Honestly, I'd prefer if there were enemies (common ones and bosses) with different type of protection, like, Animals are resistant to headshots and blunt weapon, Tygers to blades and smart weapon headshots (which would be lore-wise appropriate due to their ink cyberware) , Maelstrom to simple or specific quickhacks etc. So, some weapon are good and overpowered against certain enemies but not so effective against others.

Honestly, I'd prefer if there were enemies (common ones and bosses) with different type of protection, like, Animals are resistant to headshots and blunt weapon, Tygers to blades and smart weapon headshots (which would be lore-wise appropriate due to their ink cyberware) , Maelstrom to simple or specific quickhacks etc. So, some weapon are good and overpowered against certain enemies but not so effective against others.
That would be awesome yes. At first I also thought that becasue Animals tend to use a bio-cocktail they would not have cyberware and thus would not be affected much by quickhacks.
I would like this, it makes the various gangs even more destinct.

Some Tygers are already immune to smart weapons due to the tattoo ;)
Yeah, I know, but isn't it just a chance that they can avoid smart bullets? You can hit any of them eventually.
Anyway, It was the first thing that came into my mind, of course the idea is raw and gross :ROFLMAO:

Yeah, I know, but isn't it just a chance that they can avoid smart bullets? You can hit any of them eventually.
Anyway, It was the first thing that came into my mind, of course the idea is raw and gross
Those who have the tattoo are totally immune to smart weapon, it's impossible to hit them with smart weapons (you have to switch to another weapon). The first time, I wondered what happen with my smart gun :D
But yeah, they are "rare" and anyway, the idea of different "immunities" for different enemies is great ;)

Those who have the tattoo are totally immune to smart weapon, it's impossible to hit them with smart weapons (you have to switch to another weapon). The first time, I wondered what happen with my smart gun :D
But yeah, they are "rare" and anyway, the idea of different "immunities" for different enemies is great ;)
Wow, didn't know that, it's actually cool detail. In my defence I'll say that I'm not a big fan of smart weapons, too cheesy for me. Especially Skippy after reversing of "Puppy loving pacifist" :D

A video where you see one :)
Cohh wondered himself like me, if his smart weapon was "broken" :ROFLMAO:

Smart weapons have their appeal. I rather like the Siderwinders (DWS) and Ashura quite a lot. But yes the tracking and smart target does make them extremely noobfriendly (to call it such)
I was not a big fan of Skippy and was happy return him to Reggie.
Now.. If I could have an AI installed on any weapon I'd call favourite, then I know the PERFECT candidate for who'd voice my sometimes sadistic tendency :D
Welcome the Grad sniper / SOR22 Rifle with DUM DUM voiced ai!

Now thát would be funny!

But I digress a lot,
I should get back to pistols...

I wonder if anyone has ever used (obtained) a legendary Burya with "2 bullets per shot" ability.
The only one available for this ability, is during the Gig: Bring Me the Head of Gustavo Orta (behind him) at level 40+ and with a lot of patience/reload.
Omaha, Widow Maker, Lizzie and Quasar are "really, really overpowered" with this ability, So I imagine it on a Burya...

I wonder if anyone has ever used (obtained) a legendary Burya with "2 bullets per shot" ability.
The only one available for this ability, is during the Gig: Bring Me the Head of Gustavo Orta (behind him) at level 40+ and with a lot of patience/reload.
Omaha, Widow Maker, Lizzie and Quasar are "really, really overpowered" with this ability, So I imagine it on a Burya...
I had it once somewhere around patch 1.1+ I believe. It felt literally like Comrade's Hammer in terms of damage, but without explosion effect. Still one shot almost anything in your way, so this Burya > CH for me. But I never encountered this gun again, sadly. And if the reason for it is tremendous amount of reloading required - never will, I guess. Had my fun with legendary clothes already. Now I just appreciate the look, ignore the slots for mods :D

Honestly, I'm not that much of a fan. But you're talking to the guy who will openly use drum mags dispite their impracticality because I hate reloading.

Top Bottom