Concealment Ratings

+
Much more streamlined, and I like the guidelines to legality (something my group seems to forget as they walk into classy high rise apartments packing assault rifles).

Galahad don't forget you need a gun for the zombie uprising, it's not just to protect your PC :) BTW I miss Dick's Drive-In if you live in Seattle will you go and eat a Dick's Deluxe or 2 for me and fries please. Also unless they changed the law in Washington state a concealed carry permit does not cover a firearm concealed in a vehicle unless it is on you. You cannot hide a gun under the seat legally with a concealed firearms weapon permit.

On another note in cyberpunk 2020 when it comes to registered firearms, which depending on the GM a guncam is a wonderful thing, I had a solo that had registered firearms and guncams, when he went on the job he just swapped barrels that would change the ballistics. Caseless ammo took care of all the shell policing that is needed today (I read somewhere most firearms ballistic matching actually used the shell casing for matching, not the round used).

So go ahead and register your guns get the ballistic work done on your firearms, contact your local fixer for aftermarket barrels to go to work with and just pimp out 1 gun and save the money for better ammo :)

Christ.... thats a lot of text for something the system handles pretty well already. And to make it work as you suggest you need to add details for pretty much every gun out there, as very few list weight, length, or any other bulk statistics...

Quite an uphill battle you are creating for yourself mate, and in the end is it really going to make you game more fun? To have such a ridiculously large wall of text over so minor an issue in the game?

Not that I am a stranger to doing this type of thing... but really I think the entire gist of your rules concept could probably be boiled down to one medium size paragraph and a table.

Galahad don't forget you need a gun for the zombie uprising, it's not just to protect your PC :) BTW I miss Dick's Drive-In if you live in Seattle will you go and eat a Dick's Deluxe or 2 for me and fries please. Also unless they changed the law in Washington state a concealed carry permit does not cover a firearm concealed in a vehicle unless it is on you. You cannot hide a gun under the seat legally with a concealed firearms weapon permit.
So many people don't get why I don't mind being told to go eat a bag of Dicks, glad someone gets it.

Concealing a gun in your car is tricky. If its in a seat holser (something that actually exists) its ok, likewise in the glovebox is ok (since it locks) and generally anywhere in the car if you have no unlicensed passengers is ok (they don't want unlicensed passengers from getting access to a gun). Under the seat for some reason is a specific no-no. I just keep it in my fanny pack.

Galahad don't forget you need a gun for the zombie uprising, it's not just to protect your PC :) BTW I miss Dick's Drive-In if you live in Seattle will you go and eat a Dick's Deluxe or 2 for me and fries please.

Oh, well yeah. The zombies are a given.
I don't get up to Seattle often, but when I do there's usuallly Dicks in my mouth.

Also unless they changed the law in Washington state a concealed carry permit does not cover a firearm concealed in a vehicle unless it is on you. You cannot hide a gun under the seat legally with a concealed firearms weapon permit.

True. I kept that issue largely vague, just stating that it counts as concealed for the sake of simplicity

But according to RCW 9.41.050.2a " A person shall not carry or place a loaded pistol in any vehicle unless the person has a license to carry a concealed pistol and: (i) The pistol is on the licensee's person, (ii) the licensee is within the vehicle at all times that the pistol is there, or (iii) the licensee is away from the vehicle and the pistol is locked within the vehicle and concealed from view from outside the vehicle."

So it can be under the seat, IF you are in the vehicle the entire time it resides there (and have a CPL), or if your vehicle is locked and the gun is out of sight. So really the only problem is if you leave your doors unlocked or leave someone else in there with it.

On another note in cyberpunk 2020 when it comes to registered firearms, which depending on the GM a guncam is a wonderful thing, I had a solo that had registered firearms and guncams, when he went on the job he just swapped barrels that would change the ballistics. Caseless ammo took care of all the shell policing that is needed today (I read somewhere most firearms ballistic matching actually used the shell casing for matching, not the round used).

So go ahead and register your guns get the ballistic work done on your firearms, contact your local fixer for aftermarket barrels to go to work with and just pimp out 1 gun and save the money for better ammo :)

LOL, which is why I say registering ballistic profiles is impractical and impossible to enforce. A barrel is cheap and generally doesn't carry a serial number or require any paperwork to get. But oh well.

Christ.... thats a lot of text for something the system handles pretty well already. And to make it work as you suggest you need to add details for pretty much every gun out there, as very few list weight, length, or any other bulk statistics...

Actually, if you read the first post carefully you'll see that the guideline for concealment ratings and the rules for carrying concealed are two entirely different things.

The concealed carry rules don't require any additional weapon data to 'make them work' all you need is the concealability rating for the gun.

I do SUGGEST that some of the concealment ratings for long guns be reworked, but that's it, and is largely unrelated. The size guidelines are mainly there for people who want to stat out existing guns or make new ones. You can ignore that section entirely and still use the rules I lay out afterwards.

And the system doesn't handle it well already because the system has exactly ZERO rules for how concealed weapons are handled. They're either concealed or they aren't based on what you're wearing and has nothing to do with the abilities of the observer.

Quite an uphill battle you are creating for yourself mate, and in the end is it really going to make you game more fun? To have such a ridiculously large wall of text over so minor an issue in the game?

Considering how so many of the rules in the book are completely unexplained (Can anyone tell me what "Firing from the hip" is? There's a modifier for it on a table in FNFF but absolutely no description of it or what benefit it may provide), or simply not present (again, there are no actual rules for handling weapon concealment) I don't see how actually taking a second to explain the rules is a bad thing. But if people have ADD issues, they can always skip to the end where I provided a summary and a table.

Not that I am a stranger to doing this type of thing... but really I think the entire gist of your rules concept could probably be boiled down to one medium size paragraph and a table.

Which is why I did exactly that... o_O

Third Post said:
SUMMARY
CONDITIONAL MODIFIERS (All stack unless otherwise stated.)

Base Diff = Imp/30 for Bystanders, 25 for Troublemakers & Trained Observers. Only bother rolling for Bystanders if Diff is 25 or less.

-Tipped Off/Actively scanning: -5 Diff (already mentioned above)
-Improperly Concealed Guns: -5 Diff (Concealing a gun in one-worse type of clothing than required, improperly worn cover garment.)
-No Holster: -5 Diff (stacks with improper concealment due to size)
-Multiple Guns: -3 Diff for each gun concealed beyond the limit of your garment (See above for limits)
-Pat-Down: -5 Diff, makes the search touch-based (in addition to -5 for actively searching). CC Holsters give no bonus!

-Small guns: +3 Diff for each class of garment above the weapon's rating. (Does not apply to multiple guns except 2 P-conc inside a Long Coat). Doesn't apply to pat-down.
-Concealment Holster: +3 Diff Doesn't apply to pat-downs
-Group of people: +3 Diff (3-8 people. Does not apply if you pull someone out for screening. Obviously you cannot pat-down groups all at once)
-Lots of People/Crowd Scene: +5 Diff (8+ people. Does not apply if you pull someone out of a crowd for screening. Again, pat-down doesn't apply unless you single someone out)

How is that so hard to digest? If you have any questions about the table you just look up the reasoning or explanation behind it.
Should I maybe put it in front?

That said, I do appreciate your feedback. At least it wasn't a plug for how UI does it better :p

I revised and re-ordered the first three posts.

Post 1 is my guidelines on weapon sizes, followed by a brief explanation that the concealment rules I've posted are unrelated to the above. This is followed by a bried summary and table of modifiers.

Everything you need to know is on that post.

Post 2 is the section on holsters and their prices, and the beginning of the in-depth section.

Post 3 is the rest of the in-depth rules.

Better?

I think we scared Sard and Wisdom away with the Dick's Talk lol.

But here is Dick's in Edmonds lol. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDLrfYIRLds

Now back on topic yes everyone needs proper holsters for proper concealed carry, my personel fav for gaming is the crossdraw style as you can still use it in a vehicle and by reports a faster draw then a shoulder rig provides. I know no game effect on that just a little flavor :)

I think we scared Sard and Wisdom away with the Dick's Talk lol.

People who can't talk about Dicks obviously have no idea how wonderful eating a big sacks of Dicks can be.

Resisting...

..urge...

...to post...

...inappropriate...

...images...

What is wrong with you? There's nothing inappropriate about eating Dicks. I'd get down on my knees for dome Dicks right now! I think the first time I ate Dicks i was about ten...it was awesome. There were lots of other kids there, a birthday party or something. Kids love Dicks.

I'm also going to completely ignore your second post...you obviously haven't been paying attention or something...we've been talking about hamburgers...why the hell would anyone post something like THAT? What kind of hamburger is that?

Now back on topic yes everyone needs proper holsters for proper concealed carry, my personel fav for gaming is the crossdraw style as you can still use it in a vehicle and by reports a faster draw then a shoulder rig provides. I know no game effect on that just a little flavor :)

I was never a fan of crossdraw holsters. Yeah, they are a lot easier to draw from in a car, but they're also a lot easier to have taken from you, and just feel awkward to draw from...but that could just be because I'm fat...probably from all the Dicks inside me.

Shoulder holsters are a good compromise though. Still cross draw but more discrete and easier for fatties to handle. You can also do same-side draws from them, but it;s kind of awkward

My bad, missed quite a bit and skipped to the end page...

I went through and reorganized it, made sure to point out that the guidelines for concealment ratings don't have anything to do with the rules that follow, put the summary up front rather than towards the end and cleaned up a couple things. Holsters were moved to the top of the second page...you can use the concealment rules wihtout the table of holster prices, but they;re not completely unimportant. Everything else was put in after that.

You can read only the second part of the very first post and have everything you need about concealment, or you can read further is you ant more information.
Please, have a look and tell me what you think.

Wasn't trying to insult you mate or denigrate your bits, only commented in the first place because I saw potential in it.

Sorry if I came off as defensive, and I meant what I said about appreciating your feedback. If you like what you see, feel free to add it to IU...just drop me a shoutout ;-)

Top Bottom